October 02, 2024, 10:59:48 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95673 times)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #615 on: January 19, 2016, 09:42:37 AM »
Yeah, I'm sure people with top level intelligence clearance go around telling their mates state secrets for them to blab on internet forums.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 19, 2016, 08:13:03 PM »
Sentimental Halos came up on shuffle today and it really hit me that my rock idol is truly gone.  I always had hoped that Scott would rise from the ashes again but now he is just gone.

FuzzyDunlop

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 20, 2016, 10:38:12 PM »
Doug Lewis, the guy who filmed those vids of Scott's final show at Adelaide Hall, shared this vid of Scott's final moments before he walked off stage for the last time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuM_I1bsff8
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:50:55 PM by FuzzyDunlop »

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 05, 2016, 06:09:06 AM »
I cant believe its been 2 months now since we heard the devastating news. I remember my room mate kicking my bedroom door open at 1am saying scott weiland is gone. I said what do you mean gone? Hes dead. I went numb and I said dont believe facebook its just a rumour. My brain hasn't even processed it yet I still think he's alive. If at the end of this year those no interviews or new albums from scott It might finally kick in.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 05, 2016, 07:07:11 AM »
I cant believe its been 2 months now since we heard the devastating news. I remember my room mate kicking my bedroom door open at 1am saying scott weiland is gone. I said what do you mean gone? Hes dead. I went numb and I said dont believe facebook its just a rumour. My brain hasn't even processed it yet I still think he's alive. If at the end of this year those no interviews or new albums from scott It might finally kick in.

I was feeling the same thing, thinking of posting in this thread not more than an hour ago....

There was this article about guitarists' favorite solos, and Slash mentioned Dead Flowers by the Rolling Stones and I remembered Scott covered that song so I listened to his cover and got super depressed that he's gone and there won't be any more amazing covers or original songs.

I am at least glad that at this point I can listen to the music and appreciate how fucking good it is, and how great of a vocalist and artist Scott Weiland was, because the first week or so I couldn't hear that voice without thinking of anything but death and how close each and every one of us is from its cold, dark claws.
Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 05, 2016, 08:03:05 AM »
I uploaded a short clip of Meatplow from November 1, but also used it as an excuse to talk crap about the phone video was recorded on, also YouTube and Instagram for not having the ability to rotate the video so you can watch it without it being in dumb crap pile.

Its short and sweet but you can really see that Scott Weiland was still Scott Weiland even up until the last month of his life. Wish I could have recorded whole songs, but fuck wasting concert experiences trying to make sure your camera is pointed in the right direction!!

https://youtu.be/jirv9houklQ
Bleeda blooda

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 05, 2016, 09:10:13 AM »
I love the clips of scotts last show december 1st to he sounds great to me. I would have never guessed he was on his last leg at all. And not to get off subject here but out of all the frontman/singers from the 90s scott is so much more personal for me. we only got a few years out of Kurt, Shannon, and Layne (well 10 years from Layne) but with scott were talking over 23 years! The bond I have with scott is like nothing else its crazy.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 20, 2016, 02:53:52 PM »
Just listened to 'Happy in Goloshes' in its entirety for the first time in a few years and man it got me... Hearing Scott sing some of these lyrics now he isn't here is just so sad. I actually teared up hearing him sing -

"Now the time has come, I have to go 'cos they've been waiting for me" from 'She Sold Her System'
and
"Please God, save me from drowning... Please God, keep me breathing" from 'Sentimental Halos'

The pure emotion and sadness in his voice when he sings those lines is very powerful. Those songs made me kinda sad even when Scott was alive but now it's like they've taken on a whole new meaning.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 24, 2016, 06:48:47 AM »
Anybody know Scott's final resting place? After hearing he wasn't buried at Hollywood Forever or whatever, I figured he was cremated. Then on findagrave.com it "confirmed" he was cremated, and a comment on Brett's site somebody mentioned there was a ceremony held at "Steamer Lane" in Santa Cruz. So I think his ashes were interred in Santa Cruz, or spread in the great Pacific.... More likely the latter.  The ceremony Scott's kids had.... "Setting him free"....

I just want a place to go to give thanks to the universe and appreciate the music I was blessed with.

And man..... I read the first page of this thread for the first time in quite a while and got that same lump in my stomach and all around anxious feeling.... don't think I'm ever going to get over the way we lost Scott Weiland.... :-\
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #625 on: March 24, 2016, 07:10:15 AM »
Anybody know Scott's final resting place? After hearing he wasn't buried at Hollywood Forever or whatever, I figured he was cremated. Then on findagrave.com it "confirmed" he was cremated, and a comment on Brett's site somebody mentioned there was a ceremony held at "Steamer Lane" in Santa Cruz. So I think his ashes were interred in Santa Cruz, or spread in the great Pacific.... More likely the latter.  The ceremony Scott's kids had.... "Setting him free"....

I just want a place to go to give thanks to the universe and appreciate the music I was blessed with.

And man..... I read the first page of this thread for the first time in quite a while and got that same lump in my stomach and all around anxious feeling.... don't think I'm ever going to get over the way we lost Scott Weiland.... :-\

Not sure where his ashes are, but there's no way they're at Hollywood Forever, as Noah and Lucy's ceremony was held after, and they held a religious funeral for Scott unlike the one at Hollywood Forever.

I still think about Scott's death every day, and it still hurts.  While Scott wasn't family, his music has and will always be in my heart.

I keep running through the day I interviewed him and it just haunts me.  I wish I'd given the guy a hug and told him his fans did not want to see him die.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 24, 2016, 04:35:37 PM »

Right there with you.
It's nearly 4 months already.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 08, 2016, 06:06:01 AM »
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSmid=46599444&GRid=156000523&

I don't know much about Jeremy Brown, the man, but it says he was born in Hennepin County, which is the same county Scott died in.... I feel like there could be a connection. Knowing he was near where Jeremy was brought into this world could have given him that little push that sent him over the edge....

I guess there's no sense speculating, but the whole damn thing is non-sensical. So here I am. Over 4 months later and still can't believe.
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #628 on: April 08, 2016, 06:06:42 AM »

I don't know much about Jeremy Brown, the man, but it says he was born in Hennepin County, which is the same county Scott died in.... I feel like there could be a connection. Knowing he was near where Jeremy was brought into this world could have given him that little push that sent him over the edge....

I guess there's no sense speculating, but the whole damn thing is non-sensical. So here I am. Over 4 months later and still can't believe.

Holy shit that is eerie.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 08, 2016, 06:23:48 AM »

Holy shit that is eerie.
Wow that really is. Just seeing the thread title still makes me so sad.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX