October 01, 2024, 03:18:16 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95236 times)

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #510 on: January 06, 2016, 01:40:15 PM »
Some details have emerged on the discovery of Scott's dead body that day. :(

A transcript of the 911 call made by bandmates of rocker Scott Weiland depicts their anguish upon realizing that their frontman was dead after efforts to rouse him from sleep on their tour bus failed.

Tour manager Aaron Mohler went to check on Weiland after bandmates received a call from Weiland’s wife, photographer Jamie Weiland, who was concerned because she hadn’t heard from him. Mohler entered the bus outside the Country Inn & Suites at the Mall of America, where Weiland appeared to be sleeping in his bedroom, according to the police report.

Weiland was usually a heavy sleeper, so Mohler shook him, then removed the pillow from under his head. Mohler couldn’t feel Weiland breathing and called drummer Joseph Castillo onto the bus for help. Neither man could wake him, and they called 911.

“I, I think he’s dead,” one of the men told dispatchers Dec. 3. “He’s not moving. He’s stiff, his whole …”

Dispatchers asked if a defibrillator was available. The caller said the band did not carry one on the bus. Instructions were then given to attempt chest compressions.

The caller says Weiland’s body is rigid and that he is not breathing.

“I mean, he’s like hard as a rock right now, not moving,” he said in a 911 transcript released Tuesday by Bloomington police. “ ... there’s no breath. There’s no nothing.”

http://www.startribune.com/911-call-reveals-fear-shock-of-bandmates-who-found-weiland-s-body/364318341/
Sad how the extent of the drug use seemed to be common knowledge with everyone and Tommy wasn't even initially surprised about what happened.

Band and crew told police Weiland had been drinking vodka and tequila quite heavily, was taking the heroin-blocker Suboxone, and prescriptions. They also said he used cocaine as recently as a week before his deaths, and took the drug, molly, a day or two before his death.

In a statement, an investigator wrote, "All of the band members and its entourage were visibly upset" but longtime Weiland friend and band member Thomas Black, said he was also "not surprised that Weiland had died."

http://www.fox9.com/news/69432309-story

You know what that tells me about Tommy Black? That he's not surprised that Scott died because he knew he was doing things that could possibly lead to his death. Since it seems pretty obvious that he knowingly did unhealthy and potentially deadly things with Scott, I think he's a shitty person.

I think I'm a pretty good judge of character and I never liked that guy and this validates that view. I know, I know, Scott is the only one to blame for is addiction, but that doesn't change the fact that Tommy is a bad person.

I think Tommy is just an addict, himself, with poor judgement. Doesn't make him a bad person. He wasn't Scott's boss or babysitter.

How do we know it wasn't Scott who encouraged and led this behavior among the two of them? Because he's our idol?

Could have easily been Tommy who died. What would people say then? Would they blame Scott? NOPE!
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 06, 2016, 01:56:07 PM »
Scott was the one paying the wages, he wouldn't even have been there if he hadn't hired those people and taken them on tour with him. This constant blaming of anybody except Scott is utterly childish, shortsighted bullshit.

psyche

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 06, 2016, 02:23:07 PM »
i just wish after he finished detoxing that he never had to listen and take prescriptive meds.  do we know what was in that package delivered by those two girls in NJ?

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 06, 2016, 03:00:11 PM »
Suboxone? I thought he hadn't done heroin in "13 years". Why would he still be taking Suboxone 13 years later?

psyche

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 06, 2016, 03:10:48 PM »
i agree.  good question.  i heard lithium oritate works well for ptsd and addicts.

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 06, 2016, 03:16:34 PM »
Suboxone? I thought he hadn't done heroin in "13 years". Why would he still be taking Suboxone 13 years later?
because it's addictive as well. People take that to stay off the hard shit and it becomes a crutch.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 06, 2016, 04:26:05 PM »
Reading the 911 transcript is a bit unsettling.  I'm just surprised that Tommy has been silent as in saying something publicly about Scott in any way.
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 06, 2016, 05:10:40 PM »
Suboxone also is  being looked at to treat depression on a trial basis.Also very dangerous to mix with alcohol.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 06, 2016, 05:46:07 PM »
In a statement, an investigator wrote, "All of the band members and its entourage were visibly upset" but longtime Weiland friend and band member Thomas Black, said he was also "not surprised that Weiland had died."

Of course Tommy wasn't surprised, he was the one drinking large amounts of vodka and tequila and doing coke with Scott in the months (and days) leading to his death. I don't think any of us are trying to say that Scott himself wasn't at fault for doing it but let me put it like this - if your 'best friend' was a struggling drug addict who had become an alcoholic but told you that drinking was like putting a lead blanket over their heart would you agree to do coke and go on drinking binges with them?? I certainly wouldn't. Scott may well have just carried on doing it alone anyway, I'm not denying that, he was an addict and seemed self destructive but I wouldn't want it on my conscience that I was the one doing that with him in his last days instead of at least trying everything I could to make him stop.
I'm not looking for an argument here, I'm just pointing out how I feel with regards to Tommy. No matter what anyone says there's no denying he encouraged this behaviour rather than trying to stop it.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #519 on: January 06, 2016, 07:26:06 PM »
A friend of Tommy's has threatened to beat me up and ruin my life.  A nice start to my day.  I actually published what he posted to show how unbiased I am, that I'd actually post defense from a guy who threatened violence against me.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 06, 2016, 07:42:24 PM »
A friend of Tommy's has threatened to beat me up and ruin my life.  A nice start to my day.  I actually published what he posted to show how unbiased I am, that I'd actually post defense from a guy who threatened violence against me.

WTF?
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #521 on: January 06, 2016, 07:49:58 PM »
Also my source for the quotes worked for the Wildabouts organization within the last 2 years, provided me photographic proof of this, and photographic proof of claims that go much deeper than the two pretty innocent quotes used in my article.  If I actually was the type of reporter people like that think I am, I'd be publishing the dirty details like that.  What I posted though is enough for people to fill in the blanks, the details aren't necessary or appropriate to post.  This will probably be the last I share about Scott's final days unless Tommy or somebody else comes out and tries to spin a story that is complete bullshit.  I actually don't have any bias against Tommy or anybody in the aftermath of Scott's death, I'm just trying to present every side to a complicated and tragic story.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 06, 2016, 07:52:21 PM »
fuck them. Tell them I wrote it and you took the credit then give them my address so they can come to my house so I can punch them both in the dicks.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

psyche

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 06, 2016, 08:09:12 PM »
i don't believe that Scott Weiland wanted to die.  Those damn prescription meds.  this guy wants to beat you up for speaking the truth?  unless he has something to hide?  i smell a fish.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 06, 2016, 08:23:10 PM »
Also my source for the quotes worked for the Wildabouts organization within the last 2 years, provided me photographic proof of this, and photographic proof of claims that go much deeper than the two pretty innocent quotes used in my article.  If I actually was the type of reporter people like that think I am, I'd be publishing the dirty details like that.  What I posted though is enough for people to fill in the blanks, the details aren't necessary or appropriate to post.  This will probably be the last I share about Scott's final days unless Tommy or somebody else comes out and tries to spin a story that is complete bullshit.  I actually don't have any bias against Tommy or anybody in the aftermath of Scott's death, I'm just trying to present every side to a complicated and tragic story.

I might be way off base, but my mind went beyond drug use to something else.