July 05, 2024, 11:36:10 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 85958 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #435 on: December 19, 2015, 05:28:26 AM »

I think he just switched to doing more uppers than he did previously and maybe quit taking so many downers and his bipolar medicine.... which if you notice they did not mention in the toxicology report, which means he had probably been off of it for a while.

Interesting. Bi-Polar meds were claimed to have been found in the initial police report, but there is no mention of them being in his system in the toxicology report. I wonder if he'd been using coke the last week, month, year ? Who knows. Well, somebody does.

It's just a shame nobody recently grabbed him by his shirt, got in his grille & told him it's now or never if you want to live. Then again, he prob. thought he was invincible or just plain didn't want to be on this earth any longer (hope this wasn't the case).

He had this happen plenty of times.  Mary literally went and punched him in the face one time when she found him going to get a fix, and he landed on a sprinkler and suffered a bad cut (straight from Mary's book).  Velvet Revolver fired him when he relapsed in 2008, and STP also fired him for being fucked up (though there were business reasons as well like Scott hijacking their tour, which he admitted in our interview).  And these are just the public examples we know about, who knows what went on behind closed doors.  His son Noah was old enough at this point (15) I'm sure to have read Scott the riot act, and if he couldn't quit for his kids, game over.

Scott had given up and was set in his ways, I've seen it myself, nobody could have done anything to save him.  If a bandmate had questioned him in the Wildabouts he would have immediately fired them.  That still doesn't make me feel any sympathy towards Tommy, but if it wasn't him somebody else would have been Scott's running buddy.  But Scott had put himself in a position that allowed him to enable his habits by completely alienating bandmates who had the power/cared enough to actually hold him accountable for his actions (STP and Velvet Revolver).

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 19, 2015, 05:33:10 AM »
He even got rid of Doug, who (despite the fact that it actually WAS better for the band's sound) might have been the only one able to try and do something to stop him or help him...
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #437 on: December 19, 2015, 05:36:10 AM »
He even got rid of Doug, who (despite the fact that it actually WAS better for the band's sound) might have been the only one able to try and do something to stop him or help him...

He would've fired him the moment that happened.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 19, 2015, 05:45:06 AM »

I think he just switched to doing more uppers than he did previously and maybe quit taking so many downers and his bipolar medicine.... which if you notice they did not mention in the toxicology report, which means he had probably been off of it for a while.

Interesting. Bi-Polar meds were claimed to have been found in the initial police report, but there is no mention of them being in his system in the toxicology report. I wonder if he'd been using coke the last week, month, year ? Who knows. Well, somebody does.

It's just a shame nobody recently grabbed him by his shirt, got in his grille & told him it's now or never if you want to live. Then again, he prob. thought he was invincible or just plain didn't want to be on this earth any longer (hope this wasn't the case).

Scott had given up and was set in his ways,

"There was a dream when you said we would be free but now is the time to be real"  In his last few years I think Scott just gave up hope on ever being free of his vices.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 19, 2015, 06:06:32 AM »

He would've fired him the moment that happened.

Maybe he did...did we ever find out what caused their falling out?

no morbid silence

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • my band smilex (big STP fans)
« Reply #440 on: December 19, 2015, 06:23:58 AM »
Confusing words

Uh...what?

yeah sorry its bit messy isn't it - short of it is, possible that 3rd person was this woman from the toronto video.
You play the game,
I'll masturbate and sing a lullaby...

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 19, 2015, 07:32:28 AM »
One of the first things my friend said to me when the news broke was something along the lines of 'wow, he actually died?? I thought he was in the zenith Keith Richards stage of his life now where he'd just carry on as he is' and I'm guessing a lot of people, including Scott, may have thought the same. I certainly didn't think that though, I've been following him very closely ever since becoming a fan but even more so in the last 2 years and I felt like we were watching him deteriorate in front of our very eyes, I'd had thoughts of him dying on and off all year and a few nightmares about it too.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 19, 2015, 07:38:58 AM »
 This report is just for the media and not complete.  The test for cocaine most likely came back immediately since it was reported on the bus and makes for a better story rather than bi-polar meds.  I’m not familiar w/ MDA so maybe it came back if it is the same as coke? Even if he stopped taking the Bi-Polar meds, the doctor would have to wean him off of it since the body becomes dependent on them and can be dangerous if you just stop taking them especially in his condition. Mixing uppers, downers, and alcohol w/ a bad heart and if I read right, he also had hardening of the arteries is what caused him to go into cardiac arrest…Basically, you are looking at a guy who had a mental illness which sounds moderate to severe considering if he did suffer from a paranoia disorder then the only meds to help him are the very ones that you can’t give to drug addicts.  No way out, right?

My thoughts and feelings on how he relapsed and my view goes like this:

To me it doesn’t matter if Mary left the state w/ the kids then Jeremy passing away vs. Jeremy passing away then Mary leaving the state w/ the kids; the fact is She left & while he knows that he can get plane tix and whatever, the fact that she took the kids out of state is probably what caused his depression into relapse…Jeremy passes away the night before his album release, so my question would be, “were they “partying”” and that’s why he felt so much guilt and anger which resulted in the Corpus Christi show, the bad meet and greets and odd behavior since he was in a full blown relapse?  Like I said, it doesn’t matter what happened first cuz both instances leads to a relapse w/ the added, STP lawsuit, Blaster not taking off, fewer shows, alimony…the Poor Guy, but, he is an addict & they love to play victim cuz it justifies their addictions.  Now, my last question would be, “Why didn’t the wife see his health failing? It doesn’t matter that she didn’t know that he was doing drugs behind her back, maybe.  Isn’t she is a Photographer? Doesn’t that mean they have keen eyesight?  She even took his pictures.  Didn’t she question anything? She is a mother w/ paternal instincts.  She would sense something is wrong.  This is the thing, even though after Mary took Scott to the hospital and she went back downstairs and did more drugs; the moral of the story is she took him to the hospital.  Love should have taken him to the hospital.  I mean, we randomly go to his shows & we saw his health failing you know? 10 days, not even 2 weeks…just sayin’

Then the last would be, I saw him at the Grammy Theatre for the last time.  It would be a month prior but I wonder if that is why he couldn’t stop shaking his leg.  It was shaking so bad that it made me want to shake my leg.

The bright side is that weirdly, Scott saved my sister’s life.  Since Scott died the same way as her husband (heart attack in his sleep due to drugs, alcohol and a bad heart) she finds comfort in knowing I somehow understand her pain, so thanks Scott Weiland for saving my sister’s life.  She has been grieving for 7 years, poor girl. 

I have been in a state of shock and sadness all week that I have been going to the gym to get past this.  My workouts have to be the most depressing workouts I have ever done.  It’s hard to listen to the music, any for that matter, and when I do listen it sounds flat and lifeless.  I can’t write, play my guitar.  I didn’t realize to what degree he inspired my creativity.  My top 5 would be: Stevie Nicks, Scott Weiland, Jim Morrison, Robert Plant and John Lennon.  I can listen to them and be inspired instantly.  I might try to stop by the Hollywood Forever tomorrow, maybe
 8) :-* :(

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 07:44:40 AM by Westenn »
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 19, 2015, 10:55:38 AM »
Certainly not his last interview as the title of the video would suggest, in fact she asks him about the video that went 'viral last week' in reference to the Corpus Christi show so I'm guessing this was conducted in April??

It's short but interesting and I hadn't seen it before.

Scott says the drug scene in the 90's was a downer, talks about Kurt's death and reiterates that he's been clean for 13 years...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRVPuSBt7aw&sns=em
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 11:04:40 AM by CagedTiger »

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #444 on: December 19, 2015, 11:04:10 AM »
Westenn,

Scott was an asshole at meet and greets before Jeremy died.  He also gave disastrous performances in 2013, with most of Purple at the Core being awful.  His only tours post-STP with any good performances were some of the scattered 2014 shows and early 2015, and then late 2015 Blaster shows.  Scott's performances were also very hit and miss (with a lot of awful ones) with STP (and solo) during their 2011 and 2012 shows.  The last time I saw Scott solo was on the Christmas tour in 2011 and he was awful, showed up nearly 2 hours late and was totally wasted.

To me, just based on what we know from Scott himself, his final downward spiral began when he started drinking again in spring 2011 after having had 3-5 months completely sober following his September 2010 meltdown in Texas (what was it with him and Texas?).  I don't know when he had and hadn't done drugs since then, but to my knowledge he never quit drinking after that.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 19, 2015, 11:13:44 AM »
Compare this interview at the Grammy's in February
http://youtu.be/GTTspOJe81s

To this one from a couple of days before his death (or choose any from November or this month)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ComxFAagceo&sns=em

Something quite drastic clearly happened between February and now, not only was Scott more fluant at the start of the year he also seemed a lot happier and excited about his career ("I'll always be making music").
I genuinely think the start of the downward spiral was the death of Jeremy and that Corpus Christi show, things seemed to go downhill very fast from that point. As others have suggested perhaps the depression did cause him to relapse into drugs?? It makes sense when you look back at his demeanour throughout the year.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #446 on: December 19, 2015, 11:15:23 AM »
Certainly not his last interview as the title of the video would suggest, in fact she asks him about the video that went 'viral last week' in reference to the Corpus Christi show so I'm guessing this was conducted in April??

It's short but interesting and I hadn't seen it before.

Scott says the drug scene in the 90's was a downer, talks about Kurt's death and reiterates that he's been clean for 13 years...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRVPuSBt7aw&sns=em

He's lying through his teeth like he did every time he threw out that 13 year bullshit line this year.  Even if he had been clean at the time (he wasn't) it was bullshit because he relapsed on cocaine in 2007/2008, which resulted in his arrest in November 2007 and serving a day in jail in May 2008.  He even discussed that in his book.  He also was arrested for cocaine possession in 2003.  I think he said the last time he did heroin was December 2002, so I guess in his lying to people thought process, he thought heroin = all drugs, and that cocaine, ecstasy, and his cocktail of pills was fine in comparison.  Fucking sad.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #447 on: December 19, 2015, 11:17:15 AM »

To this one from a couple of days before his death (or choose any from November or this month)

Something quite drastic clearly happened between February and now, not only was Scott more fluant at the start of the year he also seemed a lot happier and excited about his career ("I'll always be making music").
I genuinely think the start of the downward spiral was the death of Jeremy and that Corpus Christi show, things seemed to go downhill very fast from that point. As others have suggested perhaps the depression did cause him to relapse into drugs?? It makes sense when you look back at his demeanour throughout the year.

It would be interesting to know when he was and wasn't on cocaine, ecstasy, and some of the other pills.  He was obviously drinking during the entire last 4 and a half years, but when he was and wasn't doing drugs would be very interesting to know, because it did seem like he took a turn for the worse after Jeremy died.  Not that things were going great before though.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 19, 2015, 11:27:32 AM »

It would be interesting to know when he was and wasn't on cocaine, ecstasy, and some of the other pills.  He was obviously drinking during the entire last 4 and a half years, but when he was and wasn't doing drugs would be very interesting to know, because it did seem like he took a turn for the worse after Jeremy died.  Not that things were going great before though.

Oh yeah, he certainly wasn't in the best of shape prior to Jeremy's passing but he at least seemed enthusiastic about things and optimistic about the future in interviews, he just looked happier. In those last couple of interviews, either his hands or legs are shaking, he looks depressed and exhausted and its just like the light has gone from his eyes somehow, like he's just given up. It's so sad. You'd think after Jeremy's passing he'd have eased off the drugs but everything points to it making him go the other way... I'm not saying he wanted to die towards the end (the OD was accidental) but I definitely think he'd reached that 'fuck it' stage in his life probably due to deep depression.

"I feel like letting go
Maybe not
I feel like giving up
Is all we got"
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 11:34:06 AM by CagedTiger »

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 19, 2015, 11:47:29 AM »
In that orange beanie interview, I noticed Scott seems to have dilated pupils like he did in the pics with Brett. MDA/MDMA/other amphetamines cause that effect. which is the opposite of opiates, which give you tiny pupils.

MDMA/MDA are known to give you feelings of extreme euphoria and whatnot. I can see Scott getting introduced to the stuff and enjoying it a little too much, especially since addiction and  long term effects of its use are not really common knowledge.. I've seen some friends abuse that stuff, and at first its all sunshine and rainbows but pretty soon it causes extreme depression and apathy, and I've even noticed one of them started having these leg shakes where they'll sit there and shake their leg and bug the shit out of anybody around them but not be conscious of the fact. Especially when he gets nervous.

I wouldn't be surprised if Scott was taking MDA or MDMA on a regularish basis in his final weeks or months.

But I dunno. At this point I don't care about what he was doing, I just wish he had been able to get help or help himself.

The one thing about the whole situation I'm kinda interested in is who that "green, leafy substance" found on the bus belonged to....
Bleeda blooda