October 01, 2024, 01:22:32 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95174 times)

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #345 on: December 13, 2015, 03:30:38 PM »
Here is an excellent video on addiction that reiterates much of what lovemachine was saying.  I highly suggest everyone watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao8L-0nSYzg

artsyblacksmith

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 13, 2015, 03:36:49 PM »
I am in my ANGRY stage! It's crushing. Go screw your keyboard DownPlush! 😀

artsyblacksmith

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 13, 2015, 03:37:42 PM »
I still disagree, though.

STPDRU

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 13, 2015, 06:09:38 PM »
STP is in my blood. Thank YOU for everything Scott & STP. And, thank you Below Empty for always being here through it all.
First Show: November 4, 1996 Universal Amphitheater-Los Angeles
Last Show: November 4, 2015 Anaheim House of Blues

Had the time of my life in between. Thank You Scott

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 14, 2015, 12:03:40 AM »
It's been more than a week now and I'm still in shock at this point like it's not real. 😔

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 14, 2015, 01:15:16 AM »
I tried listening to some STP and 'Blaster' but still finding it very difficult... The songs are obviously still great but there's just something missing now, the magic has gone and has been replaced with a black cloud.

I know we should be appreciating his work, now more than ever but at the moment it's just making me feel depressed.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

sadiej

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 14, 2015, 06:43:44 PM »
An interesting comment left on Brett's site, under the Joe Howard post . Someone who was "there" , says the police should be talking to 3 people in Scott's circle about what went down the last 10 days of his life, especially his last . And that most of this should come out in the months ahead ?!?!

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 14, 2015, 06:46:51 PM »
I just found out about this over the weekend. Somehow I avoided the news for a week.

I've only ever felt this way once in my life, and it was back when Layne Staley died. It's a very unique feeling, it's not quite like losing a friend or family member. In some ways it's even deeper and more meaningful. After all, these are people we (as fans) connected with on a very personal and intimate level, through the soul they put into their music, and the way that music defined certain moments in our lives and helped us through others.

One way this is different than Layne's death is with Layne, he was already on borrowed time by the time AiC recorded those final tracks with him in 1999. Just listen to the song "Died," for example... With Scott, I never really expected this to happen. He was like a modern-day Keith Richards. I know people had been saying how bad Scott looked recently, but realistically, people are ALWAYS saying how bad Scott looks. I really, honestly didn't think he was that close to death.

I'm not sure what else to say, really.

Other than, the only way I could see STP continuing is if they found some young unknown guy who vocally is a Scott Weiland clone who could sing the old songs perfectly and also write a good harmony. Chester Bennington is NOT that person-- he doesn't sound like Scott, and he's devoted to LP. They'd need a true unknown to continue successfully. They'd have to go the AC/DC route. Alice in Chains was a little different situation because Cantrell sung and wrote half the songs even when Layne was around, so it was easier to integrate a new singer into that formula. But I digress.

My thoughts go out to Scott's family, and also Scott's EXTENDED family, being all of us out there in the world that have been touched by his music over the years. Scott/STP has been a part of my life for 23 years, which is more than half my life. I'm thankful I was able to see STP play live while they were "on" with Scott, and I'll always have those memories. Luckily the music he created is immortal, even if he is not.

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 14, 2015, 07:29:05 PM »
It's been more than a week now and I'm still in shock at this point like it's not real. 😔

Same here. It's like I can't process it quite yet, like I tend to forget it happened and then I remember and it hits me again...
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 15, 2015, 12:48:13 AM »
Appreciate the kind words from Eyes of Disarray and the recognition from Lazy Divey. To address Vaporized, while what you say is true, I think part of what you are saying plays into the misinformation about drugs other than alcohol. Sure, you might be an addict, and the only way to avoid that is to not ever drink alcohol, and some people do that, but the odds of that being true are truly remote. Most people can casually use drugs, which includes alcohol, marijuana, and what we consider to be harder drugs. Most people have had a drink in their lives, so to damn Scott for trying is to damn them as well.

I should add that my previous post shouldn't be taken to relieve Scott of all blame. There is also being smart about which situations you put yourself in. In fact, that is why I think he was more keen to reform VR than STP. At least those guys mostly tried to help him. Scott says they wanted to be reimbursed for missed shows when he needed rehab, and I don't know how true that is. But I think the reason they have been more open about Scott is that they more understood what he was going through. If Dean was like most people and could use casually, then he didn't know what Scott was going through. The VR guys did.

I also think that, as I had voiced for a while, that Scott just wasn't that happy. I think he played up the Wildabouts and said '2017' for an STP reunion, but privately I think he wanted to get back with VR and to a lesser extent, STP.

The night I wrote my last post, I had a dream. I don't even think in my most fanatic years did I ever dream about a musician I admired. But I did the other night. It was strange. I was working at a college in some capacity, but I was also procuring tickets to a VR reunion happening at the campus bar. In the meantime, I was in a band and the singer of my band had been found dead on campus, and there were suspicions surrounding my buddy and me.

The VR reunion happened, and being employees we got good seats in the balcony by a bar. The show started, and Scott was sort of dressed as if he were in Cabaret, and he was doing a carnival barker impression as he walked to the stage with his megaphone.

Early in the show, Scott headed to one side of the stage and threw up in the middle of a song. He kept trying to get back to singing and then he would collapse. Slash said something about, 'Hey, with Scott, what do you expect?' Scott looked awful and then collapsed for good, motionless. People realized something was wrong, and he was taken out on a stretcher.

Then I woke up. Very strange dream.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 15, 2015, 02:18:09 AM »
If I may. About 10 years ago or so, I had a dream about Scott, ironically during the VR days. To sum it up...During the STP post SLDD "breakup", Scott was found, much like he was a week and half ago. The rest of the STP was distraught that they lost a friend and musical partner. And to spare all the extra details, I awoke and was inspired to reach out to an old friend with whom I had had a falling out and we rekindled our friendship. We've been very close friends ever since, much like we were before. I credit that dream and by association, Scott and STP.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 15, 2015, 02:20:02 AM »
I never shared that before, which feels strange right now.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #357 on: December 15, 2015, 02:41:38 AM »
An interesting comment left on Brett's site, under the Joe Howard post . Someone who was "there" , says the police should be talking to 3 people in Scott's circle about what went down the last 10 days of his life, especially his last . And that most of this should come out in the months ahead ?!?!

I've e-mailed that commenter to try and see if that information can be verified.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

STPDRU

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 15, 2015, 03:10:44 AM »
I never shared that before, which feels strange right now.

That is awesome man. 
First Show: November 4, 1996 Universal Amphitheater-Los Angeles
Last Show: November 4, 2015 Anaheim House of Blues

Had the time of my life in between. Thank You Scott

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 15, 2015, 03:23:16 AM »
An interesting comment left on Brett's site, under the Joe Howard post . Someone who was "there" , says the police should be talking to 3 people in Scott's circle about what went down the last 10 days of his life, especially his last . And that most of thiss should come out in the months ahead ?!?!
what that person wrote in the rest of their post is heartbreaking
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin