September 30, 2024, 07:16:41 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95118 times)

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #255 on: December 07, 2015, 07:07:19 AM »
If illicit drugs are found in his body, someone will talk about what happened and whether or not it was always going on or new. I mean, it sounds like TMZ is convinced he had relapsed recently, but reading between the lines I think their sources are the other musicians who got the alleged 'drunk texts.'

I am guessing if it were on OD we would have an indication already. My guess is heart failure. Everything he was doing (alcohol, illicit drugs, smoking) wreaks havoc on your blood pressure and most of it can enlarge your heart over time. Guy was nearly 50. A friend of a friend of mine died at 38 from the same living, plus he was obese. So nearly 50 doesn't surprise me.

It's too bad he couldn't continue replacing his drug high with exercise like he had during No. 4 era and Contraband.

To be perfectly honest, I think Scott's truly sober days were few and far between. I am guessing his release from jail to about the recording of Shangri-la Dee Da (when he got into prescription meds), and then a short time following the release of Contraband. Otherwise, I'd bet he was either drinking, taking prescription meds, doing illicit drugs, or some combination of all of those.

It's possible Scott thought that if he could just drink, stay away from heroin, and try and control the other stuff, he was doing well. But with what he know about addiction, child abuse, and how your surroundings dictate your addictive behavior, the rape he admitted to when he was younger means there was a huge increase in the chances he would become an addict. And as far as his surroundings, more and more doors kept slamming in his face (STP, VR), close people around him left his Earth (Jeremy, his brother, etc.), and he had to continue to live on a bus and travel away from his family in order to afford his lifestyle. That's quite a small cage to live in constantly. The Daily Mail said that one of his shows in an 1,800 seat venue was canceled this leg for selling fewer than 100 tickets. So even his fans were no longer showing up.

Really just sounds like a recipe for disaster. I can't say I blame the guys in STP from cutting ties 100%, but as more and more people cut him off, that probably drove him into more destructive behavior.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:17:14 AM by lovemachine97 »

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 07, 2015, 07:25:50 AM »
I wonder if Scott relapsed a month or so ago when he and the band went to that Cowboys game. I know they were hanging with some other celebrities at the game and I recall reading Scott "had the flu" the next few shows after. I also remember seeing Nick post him and Joey left the game mid 1st qtr, maybe they didn't wanna put up with what was going on.
It's interesting that you bring this up. I met Scott just moments before he left his Dallas hotel to go to the game. He wasn't sober. The next day was his private show in Dallas. I talked to the owner of the ticket company and he talked a little about the game and said it was "a long night" and that Scott had slept for 12 hours that night. While the two opening bands performed, Tommy would come inside, go to the bar, and talk to a few people. There was an older bald-ish guy that he would talk to in particular, and my dad kept telling me he thought that guy seemed like a "rich Dallas drug dealer". What's so peculiar though is that Tommy would come in, get a drink, talk to the guy, and then he would go the bathroom. Then it would be back to the bus until he came back in. He probably did this two or three times at least, and he was in the crowd talking to the guy until about 10 minutes before the show. My dad was upfront for a lot of the show and told me that Tommy was clearly not sober and looked worse than Scott from up close. He even leaned against the wall for an entire song, which was odd. I am very curious to know what happened during those two days and who exactly that man that Tommy was hanging out with was. In response to Joey leaving...he went to a concert in Dallas the night of the game...I'm not sure how he even made it to the game in Arlington and then back in time for the show in downtown Dallas , but he was photographed at both.

STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2015, 07:49:43 AM »
Let's not forget Scott was also diagnosed with cardiomyopathy years ago (see his book). He obviously didn't make the lifestyle changes necessary to better his perspective with this condition.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2015, 08:13:09 AM »
Let's not forget Scott was also diagnosed with cardiomyopathy years ago (see his book). He obviously didn't make the lifestyle changes necessary to better his perspective with this condition.

If illicit drugs are found in his body, someone will talk about what happened and whether or not it was always going on or new. I mean, it sounds like TMZ is convinced he had relapsed recently, but reading between the lines I think their sources are the other musicians who got the alleged 'drunk texts.'

I am guessing if it were on OD we would have an indication already. My guess is heart failure. Everything he was doing (alcohol, illicit drugs, smoking) wreaks havoc on your blood pressure and most of it can enlarge your heart over time. Guy was nearly 50. A friend of a friend of mine died at 38 from the same living, plus he was obese. So nearly 50 doesn't surprise me.

It's too bad he couldn't continue replacing his drug high with exercise like he had during No. 4 era and Contraband.

To be perfectly honest, I think Scott's truly sober days were few and far between. I am guessing his release from jail to about the recording of Shangri-la Dee Da (when he got into prescription meds), and then a short time following the release of Contraband. Otherwise, I'd bet he was either drinking, taking prescription meds, doing illicit drugs, or some combination of all of those.

It's possible Scott thought that if he could just drink, stay away from heroin, and try and control the other stuff, he was doing well. But with what he know about addiction, child abuse, and how your surroundings dictate your addictive behavior, the rape he admitted to when he was younger means there was a huge increase in the chances he would become an addict. And as far as his surroundings, more and more doors kept slamming in his face (STP, VR), close people around him left his Earth (Jeremy, his brother, etc.), and he had to continue to live on a bus and travel away from his family in order to afford his lifestyle. That's quite a small cage to live in constantly. The Daily Mail said that one of his shows in an 1,800 seat venue was canceled this leg for selling fewer than 100 tickets. So even his fans were no longer showing up.

Really just sounds like a recipe for disaster. I can't say I blame the guys in STP from cutting ties 100%, but as more and more people cut him off, that probably drove him into more destructive behavior.

I'd forgotten that. Well I feel like what I said makes sense then.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 07, 2015, 02:35:01 PM »
And reminders are everywhere. As 2016 festivals begin to show their lineups, you realize that you'll never see the name "Stone Temple Pilots" and the very top of those concert flyers, where it belongs. 😞
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Eighth Caged Tiger

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 07, 2015, 03:08:04 PM »
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/matt-sorum-remembers-real-deal-scott-weiland-20151206

This is really good, but also a little hard to listen to, as both Matts (Pinfield and Sorum) are on the verge of tears pretty much the whole way through.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 07, 2015, 03:12:04 PM »
There was an older bald-ish guy that he would talk to in particular, and my dad kept telling me he thought that guy seemed like a "rich Dallas drug dealer". What's so peculiar though is that Tommy would come in, get a drink, talk to the guy, and then he would go the bathroom.

Knowing what we know now, this doesn't sound peculiar at all.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

facepollution

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 07, 2015, 10:35:03 PM »
Thinking back on Scott's life probably post VR, I can't help but think of what Eddie Vedder said onstage after Michael Jackson had died, "it feels like we lost him a long time ago".  I saw STP twice within a few days when STP reunited, at Brixton and the Download festival - I thought Scott sounded pretty strong, but it seemed like there was something missing in his performance, and his performances seemed to go on a downward spiral from there.

I'd echo what Dean said, in his prime, Scott was absolutely untouchable, a rock star for the ages.

maro

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • all in the pajama that you wear
« Reply #263 on: December 09, 2015, 04:06:50 AM »

Hello. I'm sad and mixed up, can't find the words but I really love his smile.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #264 on: December 09, 2015, 04:17:53 AM »

Beautiful.  Will put this on his socials.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 09, 2015, 04:35:39 AM »
Fantastic work!
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 09, 2015, 06:26:49 AM »
Amazing work.

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 09, 2015, 06:28:04 AM »

That's totally awesome
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 09, 2015, 12:48:58 PM »
I've been coming on here every day since he passed. I've wanted to post something, take part in mourning him on here but I'm just lost for words. Still am. I woke up to the news of him having died and I just cried all day. Since then I've been kinda numb about it, just blocking it out. I think I have to do that to be able to carry on with my life as usual, going to work etc. Scott isn't the first musical artist I've expenrienced losing. I'm a huge Michael Jackson fan, going on 20 years now, and losing him was one of the most brutal things I've ever experienced. It felt like I lost my best friend/brother/father all in one. I think having gone through that grieving process over Michael (I still do grieve and mourn him though) has made it easier for me to handle Scott's death. I'm devastated but I'm doing okay considering the circumstances as I've been through it before.
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

maro

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • all in the pajama that you wear
« Reply #269 on: December 09, 2015, 01:44:27 PM »

Thank you very much, Brett, Sklashboombash, Lazy Divey, Westenn.
I posted large size one on my fb and twitter.
https://goo.gl/ul8DNX  https://goo.gl/w4pbCI

I feel my brain became water and is running from my eyes. sad.
I can't find my words but can see many words sympathize with on this forum. love BE. thank you.