September 30, 2024, 05:39:00 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95109 times)

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #240 on: December 06, 2015, 11:41:01 AM »
Yes. He deserves it. I'd like to make a documentary about him. Something similar to that George Harrison doc Scorsese made.
I had the midwife naked and alone

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 06, 2015, 11:18:21 PM »
I feel like I lost a family member.
I agree.

I agree.  I've had a bunch of people text me and facebook me checking on me after they heard the news.  Granted, I've only been a fan since '08.  I can't fathom what fans since the early '90's feeel.  I became a fan when I saw them at Rock on the Range on May 17th 2008 (their first show back aside from the Houdini shows) with my sister and brother.  I bought the tickets not knowing who they were and looked them up afterwards and became an instant fan!  I loved every song I heard and from that point on, I bought all their albums, delved into their music and had my true first favorite band and singer!  I looked through all the videos from as far back as I could and moved through the years, seeing the transitions in music, persona, and look of Scott.  I got into his solo work as well absolutely eating up Happy in Galoshes.  12 BB took a while but I came around to really appreciate and love that work!  Velvet Revolver was amazing as well!  I was so sad that right as I was discovering all of this and the incredible Scott Weiland, that VR was breaking up.  I ate up everything the man sang on. I was mesmerized by the music and their performance.
I saw STP again on July 8th 2009, August 25th 2010, and July 19th 2011.  Pretty much every opportunity I got.  at the show in 2011, I got called on stage to start Dead and Bloated.  Another show I attended with my brother.  He's 13 years older than me and STP was both of our favorite bands and I always felt that it was such an amazing bond between us.  My only regret was that I had never gotten to see STP in their heydey as I was born in 1992.  The last time I tried to see STP was September 13th 2011.  I went to college 3 hours away and took a bus home the day of, skipping a class, and headed to the venue to see them.  I was there a couple hours before the doors opened and found a member of the opening band, Rose Hill Drive, and we chatted a bit. and he gave me one of their cds signed by the whole band because I admitted I hadn't heard their music.  It was shaping up to be an incredible night and show.  7:00, 7:30, 8:00 all roll by and the doors don't open.  8:30 and people are nervous.  I see the opening band looking frustrated/sad hauling away equipment and we get announcement that the show has been cancelled.  All sorts of rumors are fluing that Scott's OD'd or something of the sort.  But I liked to think it wasn't that. 
  I got to see Scott one last time outside of a show on the Purple to the Core Tour in Cincinnati.  It was a fun show.  Not the best sounding in the world, but certainly adequate to my musically untrained ear.  I waited outside after the show for 2.5 hours to finally meet the man.  The opening band had said that they drank his beer accidentally and he was pissed about it.  When he finally came out with Doug, he just did not have the look in his eyes that he was totally aware of what he was doing and where he was.  It was so sad.  I just didn't feel like I was meeting a person.  He could still put it together in the studio as Blaster shows
After that it was always hard for me to listen to Scott's material.  I've almost been on a hiatus from listening because I think of the performances we have seen where we know he's hurting, doesn't want to be on tour, isn't healthy, and is just trying to get through it so he can go space out, escape, the limelight, and do whatever indulgences Scott Weiland chose to do.  Only now have I listened back through.  To everything.  It is hitting me harder now than it did in the past.  I loved this man.  I told all my friends he was my man crush, everybody knew I loved him.  i followed every tour, watching videos afterwards always hoping to see the light return, and see him get to whatever comfortable place he could be.  I wish now that when I saw him in '08, '09, and '10, that I was seeing him at the best I would see him from then on out.  I always left thinking he's amazing, but I know he can be better.  He has been better.  He will be better.  i had so fucking many times where I watched the videos seeing glimpses of glory and charisma, thinking finally the man Scott Weiland has returned.  I wanted so badly for him to keep the momentum going and carry on. 
I was told Scott died, by a stranger in a bar in Santa Monica December 3, 2015.  I was at a friend's show and I could hardly focus on anything other than Scott that night.  I was surprised by how hard it hit me, but I was never surprised it happened.  I hadn't followed the last tour as closely as I had previous as it became too hard after Jeremy Brown died and the Corpus Christi show.  It took a bit to soak in and it wasn't unti lI sat down to write this now, three days later that the tears started to come.  I'm listening to a show from '09 that was recently posted and it sounds so wonderful!  He improvises, sounds strong, and is clearly with it.  I want Scott Weiland back.  As a huge Office fan, Andrew Bernard put it best "I wish there was a way to know that you were in the good ol' days before you actually left them".  RIP Scott Weiland.  You are and will forever be my favorite front man, singer, and rock star.  I love you
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:26:33 PM by Purple »
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

TinyPenisMusic

• Co-Pilot
  • WTF?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 06, 2015, 11:35:36 PM »
I keep waking up thinking about Scott's passing.  I haven't really come to terms yet, but when I do I know the tears will be flowing.
"Hey buddy are you lubed up?" -Scott Weiland

facepollution

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2015, 11:43:31 PM »
I don't really have anyone that I can share my feelings with at the moment, it's hard to explain that someone you didn't know's death has hit you hard, but this has knocked me for six.  I think the cycle had played out so many times, that I just assumed Scott would rejoin STP in the future and they'd go on as usual.....

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 06, 2015, 11:51:58 PM »
So I just went on Facebook and see that some company called Teechip is already trying to profit from Scott's death by selling some unauthorised 'tribute t shirts' ... So fucking disrespectful, they've been on sale since Friday too by the looks of it so less than 24 hours after his death and the vultures are already scavenging and cashing in. You can guarantee none of the money will go to Scott's family or estate either, thankfully no one seems to be supporting it and all the comments beneath it are negative but I'm not sure how they can even get away with selling this shit on social media??

Its a Facebook group entitled 'Stone Temple Pilots fans' that appear to be promoting it too.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:58:53 PM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 07, 2015, 12:15:53 AM »
That is appalling.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 07, 2015, 12:34:24 AM »
I went to a rock night at a club last night, I didn't feel much like going to be honest as I still feel low but we'd planned to go over a month ago and it was a special event...

Anyway, point of the story - 'Slither' came on and it was weird because it's the first time I've heard Scott since his death but rather than let myself get upset I pulled myself together and decided to go on the dance floor and in a way I guess show my respect and appreciation for his music. I always enjoyed trying to mimic Scott's great moves and tried my best to last night too. I know its really difficult right now but I suppose that's the best way to look at it, Scott made that music not just for himself but for all of us to enjoy and I think he'd want us to continue to do so...
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

XxCollinsxX

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 07, 2015, 12:50:57 AM »
I have no idea why the statement put out by dean rob and Eric kinda bothers me a little. It was nice and everything I don't know what I was expecting but I thought it would be a lot more emotional than what it was. I know they had there battles and I'm sure there is still a little anger and resentment towards Scott but man ..... I just can't put my finger on it.
Does anyone else feel this way or am I just crazy.?

RA

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 07, 2015, 01:02:10 AM »
I thought they did a pretty good job to be honest. Let's face it, they were in a very awkward situation, and I think they struck a pretty good balance. It's pretty obvious that they had some very hard feelings towards Scott, probably made even worse when they sued each other this past year. I thought it was heartfelt without going overboard.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 07, 2015, 01:16:12 AM »
I have no idea why the statement put out by dean rob and Eric kinda bothers me a little. It was nice and everything I don't know what I was expecting but I thought it would be a lot more emotional than what it was. I know they had there battles and I'm sure there is still a little anger and resentment towards Scott but man ..... I just can't put my finger on it.
Does anyone else feel this way or am I just crazy.?

I felt that initially. But as I reread it and asked myself "what did you expect?", it didn't eat at me. But I did feel similarly when it was first posted. Especially on the heels of Billy Corgan's well written note.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 07, 2015, 03:26:48 AM »
sad and eerie....
im thinking about that interview that dean recently did a few months back
in which he said...

“I just want to be really clear about something. We were never, in any way, trying to just replace anyone. In his day, and I’m speaking of Scott, there was no one better…no one. I will take that to my grave. In his day, there was no one better, but my dear Scott left us long ago.”

Read More: Dean DeLeo of Stone Temple Pilots: 'My Dear Scott Left Us Long Ago" | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/dean-deleo-stone-temple-pilots-scott-left-us/?trackback=tsmclip

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 07, 2015, 03:27:51 AM »
Even though I had somewhat prepared myself for this, I still wasn't totally prepared.

Even with the "writing on the wall," I still have this feeling right now that this wasn't supposed to happen.

Kingpetty

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 07, 2015, 04:33:38 AM »
I first want to say my prayers go out to Scott's children & entire family & friends. Driving to work Friday morning a friend of mine told me the news & I told him he was full of it. I can't believe it, but so many times Scott was able to defeat his demons "enough" & live another day.

When Plush came out I was hooked on STP for good. So many times that I can't count their music helped me to feel content, positive, energized, etc. To me they are the most complete hard rock, grunge, alternative band ever. I would think nearly everyone on this site hoped that Scott could 're-unite with the boys 1 more time & release an album & tour.

It sucks that I never saw the original STP in concert. I saw Scott twice in 2013 & CheSTP once in 2015. I was going to see them in 2008 at Indy Carb Day but the weather forecast was bad & we live 3 hrs. north. Almost left the U.S. Nationals drags in Indy to see STP in Chicago in early Sept. of 2012. I've regretted missing these 2 shows ever since & none of it matters now.

Some of you on here new him personally and / or had personal interactions with him, and this hits hard. I also pray for everyone on B.E. That you will find peace in your memories of him & his music that will live on forever.

Rest in peace Scott. Thank you for sharing your phenomenal talent with us.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:47:03 AM by Kingpetty »
Don't chase buses or women, you always get left behind.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2015, 04:35:01 AM »
I was talking with my 69 year-old uncle this weekend, and he had read the news on the NY Times. He knows what a big fan I've been, but he's not the kind of person to say things just to make people feel better.

Still, he was telling me about a time years ago where he was flipping channels and caught an STP show (pre-reunion, probably Storytellers or HOB Vegas). He said he had only planned to watch a few minutes to see why I liked them so much, but ended up watching the whole thing. He said he was mesmerized by Scott Weiland and had never seen anyone move like that. He was so impressed how he had total command of his audience.

My stubborn uncle, 35 years my senior, who doesn't listen to any rock outside The Eagles and John Lennon, watched a whole STP concert because he couldn't stop watching Scott Weiland. It just goes to show how Scott just had a talent and presence that transcended generation.

Truly one of a kind. I'm so mad, sad, and empty that he's gone.

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 07, 2015, 05:05:37 AM »
I wonder if Scott relapsed a month or so ago when he and the band went to that Cowboys game. I know they were hanging with some other celebrities at the game and I recall reading Scott "had the flu" the next few shows after. I also remember seeing Nick post him and Joey left the game mid 1st qtr, maybe they didn't wanna put up with what was going on.