September 30, 2024, 03:38:20 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95099 times)

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #210 on: December 05, 2015, 06:59:17 PM »
Hey everyone. I need to share something with you because it's killing me to watch it by myself, and you guys are the only ones who will understand the pain of this.

I recorded this video at SXSW 2015 festival in Austin Texas  on 20th march. Scott snd the band were doing a "showcase" in one of the conference halls. It was during the day in a brightly lit, seated big old conference room. There were about 20 people in attendance, and a couple of others just popping in and out during the normal timetable of seminars they were rushing to.  From the 20 people at the front of the stage, 8 or 9 were big fans. For me, it was a dream come true.

It must have sucked for Scott because I presume he wouldn't have got the 'showcase' aspect - a band who is there to showcase their new work. Instead, i presume Scott took it as a demeaning concert in front of spoilt kids.

In any case, I was going crazy at the front and the band sounded good, apart from the general lack of sound quality in a fucking conference room.  During the show, I was surprised that I was more mezmorised by Jeremy (first time I had watched the Wildabouts) and most of my videos seem to focus on him as much as Scott. It also looked like Jeremy was shy whenever I pointed my camera towards him, so I tried not to put him off too much (it was a well lit room and we the fans stood out like sore thumbs, it must have been awkward).  Jeremy's death fucked me up a few days after that. I watched this performance of Circles hundreds of times after he died, because it was so moving to me.

Little did I know that just 8 months later, this video would become even more impossible to watch because of Scott.

Please watch this for me so that I can share this feeling and so I know that there are other people out there that are as moved as I am.

https://www.facebook.com/aylin.erenman/videos/10153312161047219/

I hope the link works - I haven't been able to upload to youtube because, you know, I can't motivate myself to do anything at the moment.

Edit: that littlest of smiles at 2.10 means so much to me. And the last notes with Scott and Jeremy looking at each other breaks my heart. They've both gone from this world.  Fuck 😢
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 07:06:45 PM by Aylin »
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

KingofHarts

• Flight Attendant
  • face across the floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 05, 2015, 07:13:05 PM »
Hey everyone. I need to share something with you because it's killing me to watch it by myself, and you guys are the only ones who will understand the pain of this.

I recorded this video at SXSW 2015 festival in Austin Texas  on 20th march. Scott snd the band were doing a "showcase" in one of the conference halls. It was during the day in a brightly lit, seated big old conference room. There were about 20 people in attendance, and a couple of others just popping in and out during the normal timetable of seminars they were rushing to.  From the 20 people at the front of the stage, 8 or 9 were big fans. For me, it was a dream come true.

It must have sucked for Scott because I presume he wouldn't have got the 'showcase' aspect - a band who is there to showcase their new work. Instead, i presume Scott took it as a demeaning concert in front of spoilt kids.

In any case, I was going crazy at the front and the band sounded good, apart from the general lack of sound quality in a fucking conference room.  During the show, I was surprised that I was more mezmorised by Jeremy (first time I had watched the Wildabouts) and most of my videos seem to focus on him as much as Scott. It also looked like Jeremy was shy whenever I pointed my camera towards him, so I tried not to put him off too much (it was a well lit room and we the fans stood out like sore thumbs, it must have been awkward).  Jeremy's death fucked me up a few days after that. I watched this performance of Circles hundreds of times after he died, because it was so moving to me.

Little did I know that just 8 months later, this video would become even more impossible to watch because of Scott.

Please watch this for me so that I can share this feeling and so I know that there are other people out there that are as moved as I am.

https://www.facebook.com/aylin.erenman/videos/10153312161047219/

I hope the link works - I haven't been able to upload to youtube because, you know, I can't motivate myself to do anything at the moment.

Edit: that littlest of smiles at 2.10 means so much to me. And the last notes with Scott and Jeremy looking at each other breaks my heart. They've both gone from this world.  Fuck 😢

Fuck, it hurts so much watching this video. But thank you for sharing this.

moya moya

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 05, 2015, 07:21:41 PM »
Thank you for sharing, that was a beautiful performance. It must have been great to see live.

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 05, 2015, 07:33:46 PM »
According to this article, Joey is the one who found Scott.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/scott-weiland-dead-stone-temple-pilots/
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 05, 2015, 07:34:13 PM »
Great great video, thanks for sharing.

It's funny, the last time I saw Scott was when the Wildabouts did a show earlier this year in NYC, shortly before Blaster was released.  I remember walking out of the show and realizing that I too was so drawn to Jeremy's presence and his playing.

Scott performed a decent show, but sadly it was the first time I ever walked away saying that Scott wasn't the best part of the show.  The drums & guitar stood out so much.  I know some people here would  say it's bullshit and that Scott has been the weak part of shows dating back for some time now, and say I'm naïve.  They can go scratch, it's all objective.  Maybe I cut a little more slack than others on the performance scale.  Maybe I was lucky in that the shows I saw Scott managed to put on a solid performance (great for now, maybe not great for 99-02 standards).  Regardless, I got out of it what I got out of it.  Can't take that away.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

guvnagrover

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 05, 2015, 07:41:31 PM »
When I woke up and read the news, I wasn’t shocked or surprised…just sad.  I had to go to work, and while there, kept up appearances.  Throughout the day, I kept thinking about how he is now gone and appreciative of the music he shared with us and that he will live on through that.  Once I got home, I started to read all of the tributes, articles, comments, etc.  While I read these things, I had my Scott playlist playing – consisted of everything that he had done – solo, with bands, etc.  During this time, I cried and then once done, thought that I had cried all that I could.

Today, I came to this site to read more tributes…and then read this in the 'Tributes to Scott' thread:

“In the comments, Dave Kushner’s wife says that the last thing Scott said to her, a month ago, was “please get VR back together”.”

My heart broke – starting crying again…this was so sad.  Before this happened, I kept hoping that maybe Scott would realize that he had to get his shit straight – if not for himself, then for his kids.  I can’t imagine what they are going through.

I remember when I first heard STP when they released Core.  Unfortunately, I was one of the guilty ones who wrote them off as Pearl Jam clones.  After a while, ‘Big Empty’ happened.  Couldn’t stop playing that song on ‘The Crow’ soundtrack.  Then…’Vasoline’ happened.  Couldn’t believe this was the same band that I had written off as Pearl Jam clones.  Once ‘Purple’ came out, I couldn’t stop listening to it…at that point, I was a fan for life.  Throughout the years since, with all the troubles that Scott went through, I was still a Scott fan, still bought everything that he sang on.

I’m glad that I was fortunate enough to see Scott sing live (3 with STP, 1 with VR).  I had tickets to see him live during his ‘Purple to the Core’ tour, but after seeing some You Tube videos and reading reviews, I couldn’t bring myself to go.  Just couldn’t witness, in person, someone who was a shadow of his former self.  I wanted to retain my memories of the man who was constantly moving on stage, singing his heart out.

I just wish this hadn’t happened.  I wish Scott was still with us.  I wish that he could have conquered his demons.  I wish that he could have recaptured the passion and energy that he had before things changed after he was dismissed from VR.  That to me, is when everything seemed to really change for Scott.

Anyway, I could go on and on.  This is already a novel, so I won’t.

I will finish by saying this – thank you Scott.  Thank you for the music you shared with us.  Thank you for the music that has lifted me from dark places.  Thank you for the music that will allow you to live on in our hearts and minds…I will miss you terribly.
"Skin is smooth I steal a glance...Dragon flies 'er' gliding over"

"Cause she could play the six string, Better than those macho pendejos...Oh Maver..."

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 05, 2015, 07:49:09 PM »
Hubs and I watched Storytellers and the 99 HOB show last night.

It's impossible to believe that the man i watched twisting, writhing, grinding, spinning, jumping, and growling into that microphone is gone. That I - that no one - will ever again be able to experience the magic and pure electricity happened when Scott slipped into "the zone." If you were there, if you saw it, you know. You were taken to a place so, so far beyond the music. Oh, and the music. The way these four men meshed together, transforming completely right before your very eyes. The magic was something almost tangible. Watching those shows, I was taken back in time - so vividly that I could still feel the thickness in the air, the sweaty, sticky heat from inside the pit. Scott Richard Weiland became so, so much more than himself when he was in his element.

My mind won't accept the fact that none of us get to go back there. That the magical place we love and hold so dearly has been wiped from this earth, for the man who created it has gone far too soon.

I wish I could have helped him. That anyone could have helped him. That he could have helped himself. :(

That's so well put and sums up everything that was so special about Scott. But I can't help but add that the Scott you so accurately describe above and that we all fell in love with was already dead. There would never have been a twisting, writhing, attitude waving Scott again, even if he has lived to a 100.  Unfortunately, we were mourning Scott long before yesterday, and even though each of us continued to go to the gigs and signings, it was always just a phoned in tribute to a once phenomenal presence.

We always had hope he would find his stride again but we all knew that the last years were basically all that we would be getting.

That's so sad to read but it's true :( looking back now I feel like we've been watching Scott die all year, like a slow motion car crash, as depressing as that is it's how I feel now in hindsight. I had a few nightmares about it happening throughout this year, not really that odd considering I was literally obsessed with the guy and genuinely concerned about his health but they were disturbing and even now it has happened I STILL can't process it. I kept reading comments on his YouTube videos that said things like 'this guy will be dead by the end of the year' and I just wanted to dismiss them as mean comments but it turns out those people were right. I think deep down we all knew he couldn't go on long like this but we didn't want to admit it to ourselves and studying some of Scott's last lyrics I think he knew it too -

From Circles -
"There's no angels, there's no servants to save me, save me"

From Aqualung -
"Please, please take my life... Or let it be. Please, please be the rain, the ice holding me."

From Death of It -
"Feels like it's left me, I'm standing alone, I'm buried, I'm faded been left in the cold"
"Why... Can't... You... Just... Let... Me... GO!!"

I think the messages were there, especially in the lyrics on Art of Anarchy. I know a lot of fans and even Scott himself wrote that album off but I think the lyrics in the slower songs are very telling.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:08:30 PM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 05, 2015, 08:01:13 PM »

Ugh, I hate these articles... Joey "Scott's lifelong friend", well we know that's not true for a start.
I believe the part about them 'partying all week' though, that was obvious from the last pictures.

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 05, 2015, 08:08:32 PM »
Part of me thought "he's superhuman - after all he's been through, there's no way he'll die, he'll just keep fading and we'll keep watching". But another subconcious part of me was thinking "he's had enough, he's done with this world, he's in pain - just let it all end". It's difficult to admit that when I heard the news I was speechless and the world came crashing down, but at the same time I was calm and these words were forming in my brain:  "well, it's over now, you're free, goodbye Scott"

The response by all of us on here has been calm. No hysterics, even at the beginning of the news breaking. We all cried/are crying. But there is a sense of calmness. Collecting tributes, writing beautiful messages, picking up the peices - that's what we've been doing here. Like someone losing their loved one, but still being able to organise the funeral and sort out the belongings. It's final, and most importantly,  it's real to us. It's not a celebrity death that we jump on the bandwagon to cry about. It's real and it's personal, and what we are doing is sharing our grief and putting away his belongings.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 05, 2015, 08:14:06 PM »
Thank God for this forum and the fans here. No one else around me seems to 'get it'. I swear I'm ready to smack the next idiot who says to me 'but you didn't know him'. Casual fans who are just posting on Facebook don't get it either, I'm sure its 'sad news' for them but we all really feel the loss here because of how connected we were to Scott through his lyrics, his performances and his interviews. As weird as it may sound to outsiders I fewl like I've lost a friend, albeit a friend I never knew personally. His music really did save my life, multiple times.

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 05, 2015, 08:16:49 PM »

Ugh, I hate these articles... Joey "Scott's lifelong friend", well we know that's not true for a start.
I believe the part about them 'partying all week' though, that was obvious from the last pictures.

Not trying to legitimise this crappy article, but I think it may have been Joey who found Scott. The day after Jeremy died, I posted a video on instagram, and within 10 minutes Joey had left a comment on that video saying RIP Brother 🙏🏼 (i had no interaction wih him before that, wasn't even following him on instagram)
Not that this means anything at all, but the fact that he has remained completely silent on social media this time gives me the impression that he is (obviously) very shaken up.

Silly stream of though, I know. But I just thought i'd mention it.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 05, 2015, 09:57:42 PM »

Fuck. Tried to post something but all I can do is cry. Feel so powerless, I don't even have the courage to listen to his music.

Where will all those left to sing melodies go?

"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 05, 2015, 10:11:08 PM »
Still trying to process this. I had the opportunity to get free tickets the last time he was in Houston, and declined it because of the poor reviews. I am kicking the shit out of myself over it...I never got to see him live, and I never will.

I too thought he was indestructible. I thought he was just going to keep declining and he was going to end up as a Roky Erickson/Skip Spence type, but didn't think he was just going to up and die. Maybe it's for the best, maybe this way was merciful. I don't know. I don't even know what the hell I'm saying. I thought I was ok yesterday, thought it was just 'well he brought it on himself' and was content to leave it at that. But...I can't.

I quit using cocaine about 6 years ago. I was never a big user, just a couple of times/month thing at the very most. Usually, more like I did it one day, then about 2-3 months later I did it again. Nothing too big. I quit though because I'm a husband and father and didn't want to go down the wrong path. I haven't had a drop to drink in well over a year. I quit cigarettes almost 3 months ago. Just wanted to live longer, so I could see my daughter grow up. (I'd had a minor stroke 4 years ago- shortly before my 33rd birthday- so I don't have the best history). I still some week, but for me it's like the average person does with like a couple of beers.

Now? For the first time in God knows how long, I want to get wasted. Like, just completely smashed. You'd think with this news I'd be more like 'thank God I changed my ways'. Yet, it's just the opposite.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 10:16:06 PM by Fear 2 Stop »

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #223 on: December 05, 2015, 10:14:02 PM »
An interesting party has just contacted me, and if things work out we should have a great tribute for Scott on Alternative Nation in a few days with some things fans never knew before about Scott's career.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 05, 2015, 10:16:34 PM »
An interesting party has just contacted me, and if things work out we should have a great tribute for Scott on Alternative Nation in a few days with some things fans never knew before about Scott's career.

Awesome, Brett...looking forward to it!