September 30, 2024, 09:22:48 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95052 times)

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #120 on: December 04, 2015, 06:51:48 PM »
Oh my god, he was shaking and stuttering that entire interview. What a terrible day. I was very critical of Scott but only because I knew he was sprilaling down so fast and not doing anything to fix his issues. I knew the day would come but certainly not this early. RIP

Jazzer11

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2015, 06:58:58 PM »
Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver and his two first two solo albums '12 Bar Blues' and 'Happy in Galoshes' have been the score to many, many days since I first heard the opening bass riff to Meatplow when I was 14. Through a lot of ups and downs music was my constant, and one of the main constants was Scott. Through my emotional depths I would turn to STP or 12 Bar Blues - This man, I would think, has been there, has gotten out, has emerged at the end of it a little worse for wear but emerged nonetheless. When happy it would be STP and Scott too - he was a early influence on my lyric writing, and a huge influence on my singing when I was learning to sing. I wished more than anything that he'd come out of it his years of addiction like one of his own favourites Keith Richards, unstoppable and impossible to dislike, an elder statesman for rock, a happy man watching his children grow. I can't believe this.

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2015, 06:59:55 PM »
Duff has posted this on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/-4QQ8XGYuK/

[size=inherit]We are deeply saddened to learn of the loss of our old friend and bandmate, Scott Weiland. We experienced a good chunk of life with Scott, and even in his darkest times, we all had hope and love for him. His artistry will live on, of that, there is no doubt.

Deepest condolences and sadness are for his children, Noah and Lucy. We all travelled around this world together on tour; our band, wives, and kids…and we grew to a big family that still remains to this day.

It’s just so sad and brutal from any perspective.

Rest In Peace Scott

Slash, Duff, Matt, and Dave
[/size]
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2015, 07:03:02 PM »
If the band was there/found him, they most likely had to/have to give statements and are part of an investigation. I'm not surprised none of them have said anything.

I hope whoever was enabling him gets found out and spends some time in jail, or at least get their face rearranged by one of us..

Ok, let's not get carried away here. Enabling is not a crime, and even if there were people in Scott's life who were enabling him, he is a grown man who is responsible for his own actions. In the event his death was drug-related, he has to bear that himself, and while there may have been others in his life who could have helped prevent this from happening, he is ultimately accountable for what he puts into his body. Who's to say you or I would have had any better luck getting him to kick the shit? His addiction clearly had an extremely powerful hold on him.

I apologize if I was unclear or this led somewhere it shouldn't have.

And I could be TOTALLY wrong. I'm just assuming if you find a body, they will want to talk to you. Regardless of who you/the body belong to. I am also assuming a body on a bus is automatically a crime scene. I'm a stay at home mom. Not a cop. Haha.

I DID NOT mean to speculate that anyone else was involved or should be held accountable. I apologize for any misunderstanding - that was NOT my intention!!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2015, 07:06:27 PM »
Rik, I’ve been a huge STP fan for my whole life (Since I was 11 - I'm 35).  I've given my unwavering support for Scott and his talents from the beginning.  Its never wavered.  Like everyone here I'm shattered.
I wanted to say thanks to you because I've relied on BE as my (only) goto for info on my favorite band/singer for (maybe) 15 years or so.  I've found myself frequenting the forum almost daily.  I don't think I've ever posted though.
Purpose of my message:  It's been hard to overlook the mean and disrespectful nature of "Blue's" comments about Scott over the last few years.  It's been ugly and outrageous.  Blue's negative and hateful banter about Scott has been damaging and hurtful to him and all of us. 
I would appreciate if you finally deleted/blocked "Blue's" account and any traces of his posts on this board. I'm not the only one here who would appreciate the gesture.  I'm sure Scott would too.
Tears.  Sorry for everyone :(
Eric "Hello its Late" is playing on repeat.....

Dude what the hell is wrong with you? Scott Weiland died today and you make the "purpose of your message" about how you want someone who hurt your little sensibilities banned from the board you've posted on a grand total of two times? Go back to your fucking safe space. This is not about you.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2015, 07:10:04 PM »
Rik, I’ve been a huge STP fan for my whole life (Since I was 11 - I'm 35).  I've given my unwavering support for Scott and his talents from the beginning.  Its never wavered.  Like everyone here I'm shattered.
I wanted to say thanks to you because I've relied on BE as my (only) goto for info on my favorite band/singer for (maybe) 15 years or so.  I've found myself frequenting the forum almost daily.  I don't think I've ever posted though.
Purpose of my message:  It's been hard to overlook the mean and disrespectful nature of "Blue's" comments about Scott over the last few years.  It's been ugly and outrageous.  Blue's negative and hateful banter about Scott has been damaging and hurtful to him and all of us. 
I would appreciate if you finally deleted/blocked "Blue's" account and any traces of his posts on this board. I'm not the only one here who would appreciate the gesture.  I'm sure Scott would too.
Tears.  Sorry for everyone :(
Eric "Hello its Late" is playing on repeat.....

Please no more fighting or mudslinging here.  This is not the time or the place at the moment. 

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2015, 07:10:29 PM »
He sounded like a shell of himself in that interview. Christ. The sad soul had to die alone on a fucking bus?
Werd to Big Berd!

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2015, 07:14:14 PM »
Billy Corgan just wrote something really nice.

Having just woken to the news of this passing, I feel compelled to put pen to paper and pay my respects to Scott. And in that I will not pretend to know more than I know, or add some sad homily to how he loved his life. At least in that, may I now say he is undoubtably in the arms of grace and eternal love.

May I also offer my humble condolences to his family, friends, and band mates; who have, and are, suffering this great loss. For when anyone as vaunted leaves far too soon, we mourn all that might have been.

As any fan, I find myself reflecting on what I do have in my own treasure chest: in scarce moments where Scott and I spoke as contemporaries or competitors, and got to know each as people other past the footlights and shadows we were so busy casting to the world. It may seem trite in reflection, but I'd try to make him giggle when I saw that the manic whirl of the dumb parties we were at (in Hollywood, no less!) might be causing undue stress.

It was, I'd guess you'd say, my way of apology for having been so critical of STP when they appeared on the scene like some crazy, man-fueled rocket. And not only was the knight up front freshly handsome to a fault, but he could sing too! As any supreme actor gives a real and different voice to each character played.

It was STP's 3rd album that had got me hooked, a wizardly mix of glam and post-punk, and I confessed to Scott, as well as the band many times, how wrong I'd been in assessing their native brilliance. And like Bowie can and does, it was Scott's phrasing that pushed his music into a unique, and hard to pin down, aesthetic sonicsphere.

Lastly, I'd like to share a thought which though clumsy, I hope would please Scott In Hominum. And that is if you asked me who I truly believed were the great voices of our generation, I'd say it were he, Layne, and Kurt.

So it goes beyond tragedy to say it is we who lost them, and not the other way round...

WILLIAM CORGAN

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2015, 07:14:28 PM »
People are being utter dickheads on STPs facebook page. Apparently not rushing to post on social media when your childhood friend dies is a massive sign of disrespect.

What a fucking world we live in.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2015, 07:21:22 PM »
You guys.... I am so sad 💔

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2015, 07:22:17 PM »
VR statement:

"We are deeply saddened to learn of the loss of our old friend and bandmate, Scott Weiland," they wrote. "We experienced a good chunk of life with Scott and, even in his darkest times, we all had hope and love for him. His artistry will live on, of that, there is no doubt.

"Deepest condolences and sadness are for his children, Noah and Lucy," they continued. "We all travelled around this world together on tour; our band, wives, and kids … and we grew to a big family that still remains to this day. It's just so sad and brutal from any perspective. Rest in peace, Scott."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/velvet-revolver-on-scott-weilands-death-his-artistry-will-live-on-20151204
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:26:17 PM by Sklashboombash »
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

TheOnlyRuss

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2015, 07:27:46 PM »
As many of you on here I've read this site for God knows how many years. Since Geocites was around at least. I've visited this page once a day in hopes of finding news or rumours about new music. Today is sad. It's an awfully feeling in all of us. A day that we all hoped would never come. We all held out hope that he would turn around but seeing the last interview you can see the life was gone from his eyes. If anyone was like me STP/Weiland was daily listening. This is someone's voice we may have heard more than anyone else's. I seen Weiland solo tour after 12BB when I was 17 my friend caught his towel thay tonight that had red hair dye in it. It was a cherished memory. That's what we have now. A tortured man lost his fight today and all of us mourn this loss to this daily comfort we had. Rik thank you for years of keeping this up through everything and I will continue reading everyday.  STP FOREVER!

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2015, 07:45:28 PM »
The man I idolized for his musical talent, perseverance, and ability to overcome his critics finally succumbed to his demons. He appeared miserable the last couple of years, and I hope he's finally at peace.

My first album was Core (age 10). My first concert was STP on the Purple tour. My 3yr old son's middle name is Weiland. Despite his flaws, I loved his work, and he enriched my life.

Huge loss for us all. This will be a day I'll never forget.
Sin make me strong.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2015, 07:57:50 PM »
Wasn't there some sort of article or Facebook post or something about Scott's crew going nuts trying to score him crack a while back? I'd say it was a few months ago...

I heard it was coke, until recently...

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2015, 08:07:10 PM »
If the band was there/found him, they most likely had to/have to give statements and are part of an investigation. I'm not surprised none of them have said anything.

I hope whoever was enabling him gets found out and spends some time in jail, or at least get their face rearranged by one of us..

Ok, let's not get carried away here. Enabling is not a crime, and even if there were people in Scott's life who were enabling him, he is a grown man who is responsible for his own actions. In the event his death was drug-related, he has to bear that himself, and while there may have been others in his life who could have helped prevent this from happening, he is ultimately accountable for what he puts into his body. Who's to say you or I would have had any better luck getting him to kick the shit? His addiction clearly had an extremely powerful hold on him.

I apologize if I was unclear or this led somewhere it shouldn't have.

And I could be TOTALLY wrong. I'm just assuming if you find a body, they will want to talk to you. Regardless of who you/the body belong to. I am also assuming a body on a bus is automatically a crime scene. I'm a stay at home mom. Not a cop. Haha.

I DID NOT mean to speculate that anyone else was involved or should be held accountable. I apologize for any misunderstanding - that was NOT my intention!!

Oh come on, that was all me being angry. Not your fault. And whether you are a stay at home mom or not. It only takes common sense to see that if they know who gave him the drug they are fucked. When Philip Seymour Hoffman overdosed from heroin they arrested like four or five different people.

But honestly I feel like most of his bandmates and crew are just giant pieces of shit and they're going to lie about everything and protect all the shitty motherfuckers who enabled Scott and gave him drugs all these years that now has led to him dying. And yes I realize it was Scott's choice. It doesn't change the fact that if you provide somebody with illegal drugs and they overdose on them, that is still a major legal issue.