October 01, 2024, 02:38:39 PM

Author Topic: STP banning Facebook fans  (Read 3641 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
STP banning Facebook fans
« on: November 28, 2015, 09:48:49 AM »
I didn't even realize this until now since I don't usually check STP's Facebook page since there isn't much on it, but I just realized I was banned from STP's Facebook page.  I think I tagged 'Stone Temple Pilots' or something and might have commented a link on their Facebook page when I did my interview with Scott Weiland earlier this month.  Pretty ridiculous, as I tagged them in a bunch of positive articles about the Chester incarnation.  You'd think they would just click 'hide' or 'delete.'

I checked Twitter to see if I was blocked there, which I'm not, but saw another fan who was banned for this comment:

https://twitter.com/mikeshermer/status/669922813147348992
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 10:05:40 AM by StoneTempleBrett »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

TaylorCJ

• Co-Pilot
  • We told her that you loved her
    • View Profile
Re: STP banning Facebook fans
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 03:18:10 PM »
I got banned a while back for an innocuous comment as well. They posted something during the Chester days and I wrote " I'm just here to watch people say NO SCOTT NO STP." Banned me for that!

Toxic34

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 03:54:54 PM »
I've heard of circling the wagons, but this is ridiculous. All this disarray that they've been thrown into because of Chester's departure seems to suggest that maybe they don't have any business operating under the STP name anymore, until or unless some kind of truce is made with Scott to do one last album and tour together and end it on a graceful note. Of course, doing that would require that Scott get his shit together.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 04:32:19 PM »
I bet its Dean doing the banning, I could just imagine him sitting there with his sourpuss face clicking 'ban'!
He's turned into a grumpy old man these last few years...
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 05:47:31 PM »
This is turning into a damn soap opera, I think it's time just to forget STP altogether and let them be...

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 06:39:59 PM »
After the split, I've enjoyed watching this whole thing fall apart.

• Post split: Scott takes the high road wishing them the best of luck, and they all take turns badmouthing Scott.
  • The DeLeos decide to keep the STP name along with the original STP's social media accounts... Then they're bombarded with Scott comments even to this day.
  • Plenty of talk about new music, new songs live, and a resurgence of STP... and that all goes to shit.  Best we get is four rushed songs, and a mediocre Joss Stone cover a few years later.
  • Now they're banning FANS on the ORIGINAL STP's Facebook page.

Can't wait to see what these guys come up with next.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 06:42:01 PM by STEAK »
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 06:58:28 PM »
I've been pretty pro-Deleos, but this is shameful.

It's one thing for someone to be banned for saying drunk, off-key karaoke night Weiland is irreplaceable, but for someone to be banned for basically just saying ILS will never sound as good as it did at Rolling Rock (which I think we all can agree is true) is more than a little pathetic.

Whatever happened to "In his day no one was better, I'll take that to my grave."

Though I doubt the DeLeos had anything to do with the management of their Twitter, but it's sad that it is being run this way.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 09:04:07 PM »
I saved them the trouble... I deleted that account from my twitter looooong time ago
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 09:17:11 PM »
Post split: Scott takes the high road wishing them the best of luck, and they all take turns badmouthing Scott.

To say Scott took the high road is downright wrong. Post-split, Scott went out on his own Core & Purple tour, without anyone else actually in STP and ruining that moment for them to celebrate the older material. Then, he counter-sued them. Now, he continues to be rude to fans and refuses to sign anything STP.

I agree with your other points, but if you're taking an unbiased, factual look at what's happened since Scott and STP split, the fact of the matter is: NOBODY has taken the high road.

With that said, I agree it's ridiculous STP are banning people from their Facebook. I understand it's a promotional thing for them, so they need to have at least a little control over the content of it. But now that people are speaking out about it, it makes them look bad -- especially Brett, a higher-profile fan in the STP community, and especially over stupid things that shouldn't be banned.

I swear... I love this band -- they have been my favorite band in the world since 1992, but they have got to have the most disastrous public relations record of any rock band ever.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 10:19:11 PM »
It's stranger when it comes to me because STP's publicist knows what a big fan I am, and so do the guys who I met in person and had really good conversations with.  Hopefully it's a lower level person at the PR company, but you never know who is actually doing it, but it's not a good idea with the state the 'band' is currently in.  I might do a story on this so the guys in the band catch wind of it (unless it's one of them actually doing it).  My stories seemed to at least somewhat help affect the positive management change in regards to Weiland.

It's also laughable because I actually contacted STP's publicist right when I put the Scott interview up out of fairness to see if any of the guys would like to do an interview discussing the state of the band, and respond to any of Scott's claims out of fairness, and the publicist didn't respond to the request (though she sent me the Chester quitting press release).  Not wanting to grant an interview at the time is fine, but to ban me for linking to it?  Just bewilders me.  I also tweeted Robert asking about Chester quitting right when I put the 'Scott claims Chester quit' article up, so I definitely did my rounds when it came to giving those guys a heads up and giving them a chance to respond.  To be honest when Scott told me Chester was out I thought he was just stirring shit, lol.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 10:25:06 PM by StoneTempleBrett »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Toxic34

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 10:25:21 PM »
It's stranger when it comes to me because STP's publicist knows what a big fan I am, and so do the guys who I met in person and had really good conversations with.  Hopefully it's a lower level person at the PR company, but you never know who is actually doing it, but it's not a good idea with the state the 'band' is currently in.  I might do a story on this so the guys in the band catch wind of it (unless it's one of them actually doing it).

Good idea, Brett. I know it's clear that Dean, Robert and Eric sincerely believed that Chester would give it his all and either could manage to match Maynard James Keenan's ability juggle 2 bands at once, or would fold Linkin Park and join STP full time. It's hard to believe that they didn't see this all coming, when it was incredibly obvious from the start. I mean, the 15th anniversary celebrations for Hybrid Theory alone would've been a big giveaway.

But again, the point being that the 3 of them probably rushed into everything concerning keeping STP alive, and should've taken a 6-month break before even talking with Chester. It would've given everyone a chance to come up with a better strategy. Many bands splinter because of rushing into decisions. If Hanoi Rocks had had a 6-month break after the death of Razzle, maybe they could've yet been able to reach the mainstream success that they very nearly had.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 10:29:28 PM »
Post split: Scott takes the high road wishing them the best of luck, and they all take turns badmouthing Scott.

To say Scott took the high road is downright wrong.

I think he meant high as in drugs.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 03:37:16 AM »
I might do a story on this so the guys in the band catch wind of it (unless it's one of them actually doing it).

I agree that you should.

Also, I think it's extremely unlikely that any of Robert, Dean, or Eric is the one pushing the buttons and banning people on Facebook. At the most, maybe they had some kind of say in the whole policy to ban people from commenting who mention Scott at all. Or maybe they have no idea.

Either way, this needs more attention brought to it. If the band doesn't know about it, they should (so that they can either condone or condemn it). And if they do know, then they should be called out on it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:39:07 AM by EyesOfDisarray »

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 08:08:17 AM »

To say Scott took the high road is downright wrong. Post-split, Scott went out on his own Core & Purple tour, without anyone else actually in STP and ruining that moment for them to celebrate the older material. Then, he counter-sued them. Now, he continues to be rude to fans and refuses to sign anything STP.

I agree with your other points, but if you're taking an unbiased, factual look at what's happened since Scott and STP split, the fact of the matter is: NOBODY has taken the high road.

The DeLeos ruined any moment to celebrate their older material when they fired Scott before their 20th anniversary tour; thus cancelling that tour. 

In regards to taking the high road, whenever anyone questioned Scott about the firing/split, he spoke well of his ex band mates & friends; always wishing them well.  Meanwhile the DeLeos, Chester, and even Eric ALL took petty shots and trashed Scott in every interview they did.  Regardless of how both sides decided to tour after the split, only the people on one side decided to air their dirty laundry in public and take personal shots at the other.

"Hey there... how's your steak?"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 08:20:46 AM »
Lol wut. The real STP played their last show in September 2012, the 20th anniversary of the Core album.

If my failing brain isn't deceive me, he was "officially terminated" in something like January 2013.

20th anniversary came and went, Stone Temple Pilots didn't do a 20th anniversary tour despite interest in such from multiple members.

And lol at the "Scott filed a countersuit" comment from EyesOfDisarray. What was Scott supposed to do when the nobodys from STP tried to take millions of dollars from the face of the brand? Roll over and let them take turns fucking him? As far as the general public is concerned, Scott Weiland IS Stone Temple Pilots, or at least the only band member worth talking about. Suing the guy for allegedly costing those other members millions of dollars in income is laughable.
Bleeda blooda