September 20, 2024, 12:35:05 PM

Author Topic: New online persona....  (Read 5362 times)

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New online persona....
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 08:11:08 PM »
True there's not much context there. It sounds like the guy approached Scott and asked him to sign it outside the Meet & Greet, and Scott declined.

On one hand, Scott has no obligation to sign fans' stuff outside the MNGs. On the other hand, it sounds like Scott really doesn't like interacting with fans but is willing to do it if they're paying him for his time. If that's the case, maybe he should stop doing them... but then, I don't know the man, so I don't know his true motivations for continuing to offer them.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 03:39:59 AM »
I read this dude's rant and let me tell you, this guy is just a big wendy whiner.  I have been one to frown upon Scott's fan interaction in the recent past but really in this case he did nothing wrong.  Look pal, you paid $35 for a vinyl...Overpriced if you ask me, but hey it is what it is. Everyone else who paid that same $35 for that vinyl got it, went home, shut the fuck up, and enjoyed their purchase.  If it was supposed to be a signed vinyl I'm sure they would be selling them for at least $100.  If the band didn't offer it signed from the merch booth and dude wanted it signed then he should have planned ahead and paid the $100 for a m&g just like every other rational person. 

The ONLY way I have this guys back here is if he can prove he paid for a m&g and Scott didn't want to sign it when said dude is paying for Scott's time.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 04:24:50 PM »
Its odd seeing regular updates from anyone from the STP family, especially Scott.  Doubt its all his doing but good to see
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 04:48:08 PM »
Slightly off topic, but does anybody know if the vinyl being sold at the gigs is still missing Blue Eyes?

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 10:39:18 PM »
Putting out albums, touring, giving interviews, using social media to update fans.  Groundbreaking.  Sounds like the basics of a functioning artist in 2015. 

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 01:17:04 AM »
I'd put an end to: Paid Meet&Greets (putting himself in the obligation to meet people is not good or healthy) AND using instagram to share pics  (just personal preference :P)

Yes, maybe these constant updates seem a bit forced, unnatural. I think his previous twitter account (back during Softdrive records days) was much more accurate.

BUT, on the other hand, I could met Scott three times, never paid. My personal experience tells me he's a nice guy, not very talkative, probably shy, which is not a sin. Someone that has always signed everything that was given and has never refused to take a picture. So to my eyes he could easily be that new online persona...

I'm not naive, I was lucky, I know. I know he has "those bad days when he's a jerk", but my point is do not keep him in a glass jar sealed with a label so lightly.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 05:50:08 AM »
Agos!! Are you on Instagram? Add me, bitch!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2015, 09:05:47 PM »
Agos!! Are you on Instagram? Add me, bitch!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

No, I'm not. That's my complain :P I would have added you already!!
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2015, 06:24:23 PM »
I was at the Nashville show, and this guy would have been even more pissed if he paid for the meet and greet, because the first announcement that was made was that Scott would not be signing anything.  I'm very anti paid meet and greets but had a chance to go for free so of course agreed to do it.  There were about 30-40 people at it, and everyone had something in their hand they wanted to get signed.  The meet and greet consisted of sitting with Scott and Tommy to get a picture, and that was it.  Maybe a minute total.  I told Scott I was a huge fan and thanked him for his music over the years, shook his hand, and his reply was, "Yeah."  I didn't have any expectations since it was free for me and was glad I got the chance to snap a pic with him, but it would have been nice to get a couple of autographs as well.  It was very painfully clear he did not want to be there, and you almost feel bad for the guy.  No ill will from me, but for the people who did pay $100 on top of the ticket price, I can't imagine how they wouldn't have been pissed.  My guess is that something was going on to prevent him from signing, since he was extremely lethargic and took about 15 seconds to move his hand for a handshake.  There was a part in the show where he tried to take his jacket off but couldn't and ended up putting it back on.

The show itself was pretty good overall though, but I wish they wouldn't have taken "Do It For The Kids" off the set list!  This is my third time seeing them for the "Master Blaster" tour and was looking forward to the VR addition more than anything else.  He seemed coherent otherwise for the most part during the set.  The venue, City Winery, was very weird, with tables and food service going on the entire floor during the show.  When Scott came out, the first thing he said was, "How's your steak?"  The Biters were awesome as others had stated, and I chatted with a couple of the guys after the show, along with Tommy Black who has to be one of the nicest guys ever.

Someone replied with the following to Scott's Facebook post about the Nashville show:

"Thanks Scott for not signing my vinyl last night for a REAL fan...People don't fall for this new Scott..Major prick outside the PAID meet and greetI drove three hours to go to this show...never again"

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2015, 11:24:08 PM »
I was at the Nashville show, and this guy would have been even more pissed if he paid for the meet and greet, because the first announcement that was made was that Scott would not be signing anything.  I'm very anti paid meet and greets but had a chance to go for free so of course agreed to do it.  There were about 30-40 people at it, and everyone had something in their hand they wanted to get signed.  The meet and greet consisted of sitting with Scott and Tommy to get a picture, and that was it.  Maybe a minute total.  I told Scott I was a huge fan and thanked him for his music over the years, shook his hand, and his reply was, "Yeah."  I didn't have any expectations since it was free for me and was glad I got the chance to snap a pic with him, but it would have been nice to get a couple of autographs as well.  It was very painfully clear he did not want to be there, and you almost feel bad for the guy.  No ill will from me, but for the people who did pay $100 on top of the ticket price, I can't imagine how they wouldn't have been pissed.  My guess is that something was going on to prevent him from signing, since he was extremely lethargic and took about 15 seconds to move his hand for a handshake.  There was a part in the show where he tried to take his jacket off but couldn't and ended up putting it back on.

The show itself was pretty good overall though, but I wish they wouldn't have taken "Do It For The Kids" off the set list!  This is my third time seeing them for the "Master Blaster" tour and was looking forward to the VR addition more than anything else.  He seemed coherent otherwise for the most part during the set.  The venue, City Winery, was very weird, with tables and food service going on the entire floor during the show.  When Scott came out, the first thing he said was, "How's your steak?"  The Biters were awesome as others had stated, and I chatted with a couple of the guys after the show, along with Tommy Black who has to be one of the nicest guys ever.

Yeah.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2015, 11:45:09 PM »
That's like 4 grand for an hour's work, the average American doesn't make that in a month.

If you can't even fucking sign a record you should be refunding money instead of going through with it.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2015, 02:07:32 AM »
I met Scott (and the rest of STP) at a meet and greet in San Diego back in 2001. Scott was pleasant, talkative, and nice.

No idea what his deal is now unless its just more miles of bad road on him.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2015, 02:45:22 AM »
I met Scott (and the rest of STP) at a meet and greet in San Diego back in 2001. Scott was pleasant, talkative, and nice.

For what it's worth, I met him at a meet and greet in Orlando in 2001, and he was also pleasant but not talkative. So he hasn't always been like this.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2015, 07:06:21 PM »

For what it's worth, I met him at a meet and greet in Orlando in 2001, and he was also pleasant but not talkative. So he hasn't always been like this.

Most of my encounters with SRW were between 00-02 and he was pleasant, lucid, chatty, personable, and endearing. He went out of his way to make me feel special (I was 17 and in awe) - the man that was touring the last 10+ years was very different from the one we were lucky enough to meet.

We are so, so fortunate.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!