September 29, 2024, 05:34:11 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland fires manager  (Read 4669 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: Scott Weiland fires manager
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 06:32:53 AM »
I just spoke to Scott's new manager Tom, came off very professional unlike Keller.  He knows exactly what is going on with Pledge Music and is tackling it aggressively, I think this situation will finally be resolved now in a positive manner.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 11:57:13 AM »
Good move by Scott. Hoping this turns out well for the fans who pledged and for Scott.

TaylorCJ

• Co-Pilot
  • We told her that you loved her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 12:44:23 PM »
I like this way this guy sounds, I hope this works out!

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 01:30:20 PM »
Ah, so this was all Lucas Keller's fault, and now he's taking the fall. I guess we can expect things to get better going forward? I noticed that the COA the new manager is promising won't address whether the megaphones were actually used. But, if the people who paid $500 and waited four months for them are satisfied with it, I guess that's all that matters. I hope he takes care of the people who are still waiting for other PledgeMusic items.

Funny, last year I was going to a SW show and I was trying to get some info beforehand. The venue staff was clueless. I happened to find Keller's email address online and decided to take a shot. He responded almost immediately, provided all the answers I needed, and even followed up to see if I needed anything else. I was surprised and impressed. But, that's just one experience.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 08:09:52 PM »
I'm not sure how this helps anyone but grungereport possibly getting that elusive Scott interview (which I think would be hilarious, btw.  Can't wait for the boner question, LOL).  People aren't asking for COAs but some validation that it was used by Scott on stage or in studio which they aren't offering.  Again, sounds like if you're not getting what you'd hoped for you should just ask for a refund and move on.

Though, it does sound like an opportunity for Scott in the future.  Use a megaphone for a song either on stage or in studio.  Catalog it and sell it with all the specifics.  How cool would it be to buy the day after the show Scott's megaphone he used on stage during Crackerman or even right after the show.  Even better auction them off for charity.  Super cool.       
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 09:29:46 PM by Chris Pepper »

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 12:07:51 AM »
The only thing offensive in that statement is the punctuation. Otherwise, it's amazing what a little communication can do for morale. Now, he has to follow through. We shall see.

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 03:14:48 AM »
I'd love to hear Lucas Keller's (Scott's ex-manager) take on the Pledgemusic debacle.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 07:36:04 AM »
Disclaimer: I'm not (really) one of those people that think Scott can do no wrong, unless it's in a musical sense, then there's very little in his career where he's fucked up and dropped the ball. At least in a songwriting sense, live is always gonna be hit or miss, regardless of the band or musicians in question. That's a different topic, tho....

But this whole fuckin' PledgeMusic debacle definitely seems like something that could and would be his management's fault. Scott's job is to show up and sing the music well, which he does, the majority of the time. The current situation seems like something his management would have put together, and then been responsible for making sure things were rolling out the way that they were promised. I'm sure the things were ran by Weiland to make sure he agrees with whatever the PledgeMusic deal has to offer, then Scott's got a life, wife, & kids, so this whole signing megaphones thing isn't gonna be a priority, so it's up to the people actually RUNNING the show to make sure CD booklets get signed, or megaphones get pulled out of storage lockers and signed.

But yeah. Scott may not be a prime example of how human beings act, but how many of them with severe mental illnesses actually are? Sure there's days when Scott isn't 100%, but what human being is firing on all cylinders, all day and every day?

Then again, maybe it is Scott's fault, it was all his idea, and he's just a worthless junkie and past his prime and fuck you none of this last sentence is true.

Yours truly,

me
Bleeda blooda

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 03:47:19 PM »
Hopefully things get better under the new management. In the end though no matter how good they are, Scott will be the one who determines how smoothly things will go.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 12:44:44 PM »
You said it best, we can all hope this change in management makes a difference but ultimately it's going to be up to Scott to be the change he has needed.  The guy needs to build up some good PR right now.  It's been that way for a long time now.  Best of luck.

BillMurraylovesSTP

• Im streets ahead
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Back the fans
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 02:15:58 AM »
I got a great idea ( well i think its a decent one. ) regarding how bad a screw up this has been.
Wilco Released a new album, for free its called Star Wars , U2 did the same.
I think Scott Should release  a free EP of covers of HIGH RISE ok that was a joke

a EP of him covering something.. Would be a great start in saying sorry for the screw up
follow me on
@Jrlthinks on instagram
@lakethinks twitter

BillMurraylovesSTP

• Im streets ahead
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 02:22:55 AM »
STPBrett Alternativenation

start a online petition that Scott should release a EP some kind of free download in saying sorry for the  screw up

heres your next article  man
follow me on
@Jrlthinks on instagram
@lakethinks twitter

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 06:54:45 AM »
STPBrett Alternativenation

start a online petition that Scott should release a EP some kind of free download in saying sorry for the  screw up

heres your next article  man

If fans start a petition, I'll report on it.  I won't be starting it myself though since I did not contribute to his PledgeMusic campaign.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 01:58:16 PM »
The fans who pledged for the megaphones will get their certificates and thank you letters from Scott. The new manager seems dedicated to making that happen.

But anything else beyond that would be up to Scott, and he doesn't have a good track record with these things. Look at the Boston meet n' greet -- fans spent $150 for that fiasco, and all they got afterwards was a Facebook apology.