September 29, 2024, 03:22:13 PM

Author Topic: Pics of PledgeMusic megaphones from Weiland  (Read 6442 times)

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Pics of PledgeMusic megaphones from Weiland
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 05:58:25 PM »
There’s no question that the description of the megaphone is unclear. Maybe it was just sloppiness, or maybe it was intentional deception – either way, it’s not right. I doubt anyone who pledged $500 for this item thought they would be getting a brand-new megaphone with Scott’s signature on it.

One pissed customer wrote on the Pledge Music site, “I could have bought a brand new one and taken it to one of the meet and greets for signing. What made it special for me was that it was a personal item used in concert.”

That option would’ve been a whole lot cheaper, too. The Speco Technologies Deluxe Megaphone with Siren - 16W ER370 is available on Amazon for $69, and Scott was recently charging $100 for a meet-and-greet.

That’s just wrong.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 06:07:16 PM »
I doubt anyone who pledged $500 for this item thought they would be getting a brand-new megaphone with Scott’s signature on it.

They only just about got that even. It's looks like he got a baby to sign it for him  ;D

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 07:06:31 PM »
This whole thing is such a mess.

On the one hand, the people who are saying that you shouldn't have spent the $500 on it, knowing Weiland's reputation -- I get it, and ultimately, this is true. I don't think anyone's gonna win a lawsuit over this.

On the other hand, it's painfully obvious that Weiland is doing the bare minimum to sort of halfway meet his obligation here. After months of delays and excuses, they ship out all brand-new items with a shitty, scribbled signature and hide behind the already-deceptive description.

Remember: the people who pledged for this paid a good chunk of their hard-earned money for a way-overpriced item, knowing that it was overpriced and that most of the cost was going to support this beloved artist (not because that's how much the item was worth). In other words, these are Scott's most supportive fans. This is a pretty shitty way to treat your most supportive fans.

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 07:13:31 PM »
It says some were used on tour.  Some were used in studio.  It does not say some were never used at all.  The line is very clear that the ones available were used in some capacity.  I feel for anyone who actually forked over the cash for this.

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 07:50:58 PM »
Agree with the last two comments. I ordered the megaphone under the impression it was used by Scott. I knew $500 was ridiculous, but it was worth it to me.
Sin make me strong.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2015, 08:12:33 PM »
This is not directed to anyone here, but I don’t understand why some people are judging the fans who bought these megaphones. The issue is not whether paying $500 for a megaphone is a “stupid waste of money” – the issue is that these people did not get what they agreed to and paid for.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2015, 08:14:57 PM »
Who are the grungereport flamers on here?  You guys are just trying to stir shit up.  Stop already.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2015, 08:35:32 PM »
Who are the grungereport flamers on here?  You guys are just trying to stir shit up.  Stop already.

yeah, screw the fans! how dare they complain about this. Businesses must love you. "Thanks for the money Mr. Pepper, would like the goods and services you paid for? No, just take my money and I love you"

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2015, 09:07:32 PM »

You are either blind or just completely out to lunch.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2015, 10:41:50 PM »
Who are the drilling rig flamers on here?  You guys are just trying to stir shit up.  Stop already.

- Chris Pepper, aboard the Deepwater Horizon, April 19th, 2010
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 10:45:03 PM »

If you're including me in this statement, you're sadly mistaken. I am not a supporter of Brett's site.

I don't post often, but I've been around for a long time. I have been vocal on the megaphone issue because I'm one of the 25 people that placed an order. Not only am I disappointed that I didn't get it, I'm hurt by the way Scott has treated some of his loyal supporters. My comments have all been pertinent to the topic, especially having a direct involvement in this clusterfuck. I fail to see how I'm flaming, trolling, or supporting grunge report.
Sin make me strong.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2015, 01:21:36 AM »
It says some were used on tour.  Some were used in studio.  It does not say some were never used at all.  The line is very clear that the ones available were used in some capacity.  I feel for anyone who actually forked over the cash for this.

I didn't know it said that. With that in mind, maybe they do have a lawsuit.

Either way, it's a shameful mess, and I too feel for those who pledged.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2015, 02:36:27 AM »
Oh grunge report guys.....people on this board are on to your warped sensationalism.  Pathetic. For those of you who feel like you didn't receive what you hoped sounds like you should return it and get your money back.  A lawsuit sounds like a long shot, perhaps grunge report will put you in touch with attorney he used to flaunt during the breakup.