September 29, 2024, 01:36:32 PM

Author Topic: New Pledge Update  (Read 4257 times)

TaylorCJ

• Co-Pilot
  • We told her that you loved her
    • View Profile
New Pledge Update
« on: July 17, 2015, 04:51:43 PM »
Megaphones signed and shipped
I wanted to take a moment to write the fans who have been more than patient in waiting for final items from Scott Weiland in his PledgeMusic campaign. Due to a number of complications that are not personally related to Scott Weiland or PledgeMusic, there was a delay in some of the products going out.
We are sorry about the poor experience this has become. Though we were derailed by both tragedy and production delays, we accept that our communication to you fans has been unacceptable.
The delivery of your goods and experiences is our priority and from here on out, is our sole focus. With that said I wanted to give you some details on where things are:
The last megaphones have all shipped to you via fedex from California, signed CD jackets will be going out today from Florida, disposable cameras will go out this coming Tuesday from Florida, signed 8×10 photos will be going out this coming Tuesday from Florida as well, lithographs will go out Friday of this coming week, and t-shirts will be going out by the following Monday.
PledgeMusic NoteUS shipments can take 7-10 business days. Ex US shipments can take 30 days or longer.
We will post photos of these going out as we go and publish another next week.
We are very grateful for all of the support the campaign received and are truly sorry the experience has not been what you or we had hoped and planned for.
Best,
Milk & Honey management for Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: New Pledge Update
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 05:41:44 PM »
This is a disgrace. I can't believe he's still playing the tragedy card.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 06:44:35 PM »
Production delays on second hand megaphones?

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 10:35:51 PM »
I think they're falling on the sword for their artist personally.  Like Pingfah said, these are pre-existing items.  They don't require anything but an autograph, and a shipment.  There is zero reason why that should take over four months to complete.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 10:43:07 PM »
The problem was he was giving 200% at all the gigs. This only left -100% for everything else.

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 11:37:13 PM »
This also raises the question of whether or not these megaphones were used in VR/STP recordings or live shows as advertised... Call me crazy, but they all look identical and brand new in that photo.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 01:42:26 AM »
Glad to see. 

Although, why not throw in a little extra at this point.  A tshirt, litho, maybe a live recording of one of the shows.  Or better yet, how about raffling off the spots for the paint ball gig that was uber expensive for free.  That would be a nice gesture to his fans.   

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 01:47:47 AM »
it's sad how far he has fallen. A rear heartfelt "sorry"... from his management.

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 09:24:52 PM »
Hmmm... puzzling that those paintball gimmicks didn't sell. Does no one want to play paintball with a broken man who may or may not actually participate in the festivities?

"May I have your attention please? Due to the tragic absence of in-ear monitors, Mr. Grean here will be standing in for Mr. Weiland."

Thats not fair... I can think of 40 or 50 Corpus Christi-ites that would pay good money to use Scott for paintball fodder, "Ungluuueed!!! YEEEAAH UNGLUEEED! YEEEAAAHHHH"
Back for another one

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 11:38:01 PM »
This also raises the question of whether or not these megaphones were used in VR/STP recordings or live shows as advertised... Call me crazy, but they all look identical and brand new in that photo.
The one he is holding definitely looks brand new to me. His concert megaphones usually have duct tape stuck to them.

Yesterday, Tommy Black posted a photo of a bunch of disposable cameras. Apparently, he's finally getting around to taking the photos for the Pledge Music "one-of-a-kind disposable camera from the tour where Scott will take pictures." Yes, those would be the same items his loyal fans paid $50 for several months ago. I guess he couldn't do it before now because, you know, they've been "derailed by both tragedy and production delays."

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 04:45:44 AM »
I bet the disposable cameras are just 30 pictures of Scott giving the camera the finger.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 02:12:28 PM »
The one he is holding definitely looks brand new to me. His concert megaphones usually have duct tape stuck to them.
Yep.  I've definitely observed him using several megaphones with cracks and chips out of them too... especially during the VR days when he would chuck them backwards after using them. 

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 02:33:03 AM »
This is sad.  Not because of the whole pledgemusic stuff but the fact that the only people that regularly post here anymore are the ones that are constantly bitching, trolling, or generally have sand in their vagina.

Rik and the powers that be really need to strike down the banhammer on the constant negativity here.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 06:20:14 PM »
This is sad.  Not because of the whole pledgemusic stuff but the fact that the only people that regularly post here anymore are the ones that are constantly bitching, trolling, or generally have sand in their vagina.

Rik and the powers that be really need to strike down the banhammer on the constant negativity here.

Rik should just shut the board down then because there really isn't much positive to discuss...

SW is a piece of shit and STP without SW are just guys in a band. Talk Show, Army of Anyone and STP with Chester are all just hacky, half-assed attempts at making good rock and roll. There is no soul left.
Take it.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 09:27:39 PM »
The people who blindly support Scott and insist he can do no wrong are just as bad as those who have nothing positive to say
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.