September 29, 2024, 11:07:12 AM

Author Topic: PledgeMusic says it 'hasn't been an easy road' working with Weiland  (Read 3952 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: PledgeMusic says it 'hasn't been an easy road' working with Weiland
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 01:16:31 PM »
Well, at least we know why you have an axe to grind....

"We never had received e-mails with profanity and the term ‘WTF’ from the representatives of any musicians before, or been called ‘an angry baby who can’t have their rattle."

Weiland's camp appears to be terrible, but damn, they have you pegged.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 08:00:40 PM »

"We never had received e-mails with profanity and the term ‘WTF’ from the representatives of any musicians before, or been called ‘an angry baby who can’t have their rattle."

No axe to grind, I report on everybody exactly the same unless it's somebody like Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins who retweet our articles frequently and give interviews, which gives us incentive to let a tabloidy story slide here and there and run a promotional type story instead, but even with somebody like Corgan I do headlines on a lot of the dramatic things he says/does.

With Scott Weiland my coverage on him would not be any different at all if his PR had been more professional, the only difference would be an interview would be up on the site with actual die hard fan questions and that we might post promotion of his tour dates.  As you guys remember I gave accurate coverage on his awful Purple at the Core tour before I ever had any contact with his representatives.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 08:03:08 PM by StoneTempleBrett »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 08:32:39 PM »
How ever you see it, bro.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 11:25:09 PM »

grungereport........awful

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 11:42:45 PM »
As you guys remember I gave accurate coverage on his awful Purple at the Core tour before I ever had any contact with his representatives.

+1 for Brett. Game. Set. Match
Back for another one

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 01:07:05 AM »
No axe to grind, I report on everybody exactly the same unless it's somebody like Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins who retweet our articles frequently and give interviews, which gives us incentive to let a tabloidy story slide here and there and run a promotional type story instead, but even with somebody like Corgan I do headlines on a lot of the dramatic things he says/does.

With Scott Weiland my coverage on him would not be any different at all if his PR had been more professional, the only difference would be an interview would be up on the site with actual die hard fan questions and that we might post promotion of his tour dates.  As you guys remember I gave accurate coverage on his awful Purple at the Core tour before I ever had any contact with his representatives.

I've never really had an issue with your site before at all, but you just completed outed yourself here.  That's bad, bad form for journalism man.  You just publicly stated that you give biased coverage to those who do you favors. Normally I wouldn't care, but that was pretty overt.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:12:29 AM by IMJ »
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 05:26:50 AM »
IMJ,

I don't give biased coverage to those who do favors, but I will promote money making things for them like tours.  Like when we interviewed Morrissey, we promoted his tour dates a lot, since Morrissey had done an interview which financially benefited the site through ads and also in helping us book more interviews.  If Morrissey's people had canceled the interview less than a day before it was scheduled, we would not have promoted his tour dates or endeavors like that in the future, but it wouldn't have affected the type of stories we regularly post on him.

Scott Weiland's people were unprofessional in canceling an interview and in their correspondences with us, so I do not post articles promoting his tour dates, but it does not make my coverage on him biased.  The only people I have an issue with are Diana Barton and Lucas Keller, not Scott Weiland.  If I'd bought one of those megaphones I'd probably have an issue with him.

Every story you've seen on him would still go up even if the interview had happened.  The only difference is I wouldn't have ripped his management a few times (in stories that were already related to their poor management), since they would have acted professionally which means the events I reference wouldn't have occurred.  Also based on their handling of the PledgeMusic stuff, their poor management goes beyond their dealings with me.

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 05:43:52 PM »
triple posted
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 05:53:56 PM by kravdog »

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 05:44:03 PM »
triple posted. ---Rik---I keep getting an error on the post confirmation page.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 05:54:49 PM by kravdog »

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 05:44:22 PM »
IMJ,

I don't give biased coverage to those who do favors, but I will promote money making things for them like tours.  Like when we interviewed Morrissey, we promoted his tour dates a lot, since Morrissey had done an interview which financially benefited the site through ads and also in helping us book more interviews.  If Morrissey's people had canceled the interview less than a day before it was scheduled, we would not have promoted his tour dates or endeavors like that in the future, but it wouldn't have affected the type of stories we regularly post on him.

Scott Weiland's people were unprofessional in canceling an interview and in their correspondences with us, so I do not post articles promoting his tour dates, but it does not make my coverage on him biased.  The only people I have an issue with are Diana Barton and Lucas Keller, not Scott Weiland.  If I'd bought one of those megaphones I'd probably have an issue with him.

Every story you've seen on him would still go up even if the interview had happened.  The only difference is I wouldn't have ripped his management a few times (in stories that were already related to their poor management), since they would have acted professionally which means the events I reference wouldn't have occurred.  Also based on their handling of the PledgeMusic stuff, their poor management goes beyond their dealings with me.

Find that rattle yet?

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 12:36:21 AM »
Once again, I'm glad this article was posted here. I probably wouldn't have heard about this without Alternative Nation and Below Empty. So thank you, Brett, and thank you, Rik.