September 29, 2024, 09:28:12 PM

Author Topic: Weiland wants to become Vegas act  (Read 5517 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Weiland wants to become Vegas act
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 09:43:57 PM »
Actual article from the actual source so you don't have to go to Lord of the Douches' horrible site.

By DOUG ELFMAN

LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
The many fans and haters of Scott Weiland can gnaw on this nugget he gave me Monday: He’d love to play a regular Vegas residency.
“I think it would be really cool to have a residency” in Vegas, Weiland told me. But this is a thought experiment at the moment, as there is no such residency is in the works.
Weiland famously sang in Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, but he said a Vegas residency wouldn’t be with either of those bands.
“If it happened now, it would be with me and the Wildabouts,” he said.
On Saturday, Weiland and that new band of his will perform two songs, STP’s “Vasoline” and a cover of David Bowie’s “The Jean Genie,” at the SLS hotel’s Sayers Club.
Saturday’s gig is part of the boutique nightclub’s “Sayers Sessions,” where various musicians get on stage to do a few tunes each.
The guitarist in Weiland’s new band, Nick Maybury, had been the house guitarist for the Sayers clubs of L.A. and Vegas. And Weiland is old friends with club owner Jason Scoppa.
“This is gonna rock,” he said.
Weiland came under intense online criticism after an April YouTube video showed him singing out of tune at a show, sparking many haters (and some fans) to fear he was on drugs.
But Weiland, 47, feistily fought back, saying his ear monitors didn’t work that show, that he’s been off drugs for 13 years, and that the media is an (expletive).
He told me he’s excited for this Vegas jaunt.
“I like coming (to Vegas) for a couple of days, that’s all I need, I’m not a gambler.”
Source: http://www.reviewjournal.com/columns-blogs/doug-elfman/scott-weiland-would-do-vegas-residency-just-not-stp-or-velvet-revolver
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:45:51 PM by Lazy Divey »

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 09:56:34 PM »
Actual article from the actual source so you don't have to go to Lord of the Douches' horrible site.

By DOUG ELFMAN

LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
The many fans and haters of Scott Weiland can gnaw on this nugget he gave me Monday: He’d love to play a regular Vegas residency.
“I think it would be really cool to have a residency” in Vegas, Weiland told me. But this is a thought experiment at the moment, as there is no such residency is in the works.
Weiland famously sang in Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, but he said a Vegas residency wouldn’t be with either of those bands.
On Saturday, Weiland and that new band of his will perform two songs, STP’s “Vasoline” and a cover of David Bowie’s “The Jean Genie,” at the SLS hotel’s Sayers Club.
Saturday’s gig is part of the boutique nightclub’s “Sayers Sessions,” where various musicians get on stage to do a few tunes each.
The guitarist in Weiland’s new band, Nick Maybury, had been the house guitarist for the Sayers clubs of L.A. and Vegas. And Weiland is old friends with club owner Jason Scoppa.
Weiland came under intense online criticism after an April YouTube video showed him singing out of tune at a show, sparking many haters (and some fans) to fear he was on drugs.
But Weiland, 47, feistily fought back, saying his ear monitors didn’t work that show, that he’s been off drugs for 13 years, and that the media is an (expletive).
“I like coming (to Vegas) for a couple of days, that’s all I need, I’m not a gambler.”
Source: http://www.reviewjournal.com/columns-blogs/doug-elfman/scott-weiland-would-do-vegas-residency-just-not-stp-or-velvet-revolver
Thank you

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 10:15:20 PM »
Thank you, Lazy.

I'd go see a Scooter residency. Definitely.

Yeah, Lord does it on the Pearl Jam fans group page, too. Just click bait, when a story has been out all day or days

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 10:26:15 PM »
Thanks for sharing OG text!
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 01:58:10 AM »

By DOUG ELFMAN

LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Nice picture of him in the actual article, worth clicking
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 04:59:51 AM »
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Sounds like an ideal place for Scott to put on bad shows.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 04:13:06 PM »
vegas is the Capitol of impersonators..... Chester would fit right in. S Weiland is STP!

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 05:05:18 PM »
Then he could scream out "hey, there, hows your steak? ", and itll make sense ;)
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

LPAssociationDerek

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 02:19:20 PM »
Am I missing something? Why does Brett get so much ridiculous hate on here? Literally every thread I see that he's posted in, has some sort of snarky or mean-spirited comment towards Alternative Nation or Brett and I can't figure for the life of me why this is.

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 02:58:24 PM »
Am I missing something? Why does Brett get so much ridiculous hate on here? Literally every thread I see that he's posted in, has some sort of snarky or mean-spirited comment towards Alternative Nation or Brett and I can't figure for the life of me why this is.

I can't speak for others, but my main issues with Brett are:

#1 - literally every thread I see he has posted in is nothing more than a click-bait link to take you to his site
#2a - literally every said click-bait link is a summary if content created elsewhere
#2b - too often, the source of said content is actually this site
#3 - many of said summaries end with some additional, non-related, content that tends to lean towards the negative

It would take effort and time, but my opinion of Brett would change if:

#1, he actually posted his content on this site in article forum, rather than just a link.
#2, he actually had original content
#3, he was a professional journalist. Either be a reporter or be a commentator, don't pretend to be both.

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 03:20:46 PM »

Derek, there are people on this site who are infatuated with Weiland and hate anything that could be perceived as unflattering to Scott. Nobody ever accused Brett of lying, yet they scream if Brett publishes an unflattering article, even if it is true. I don't have a problem with Brett because I don't have a problem facing some of the unpleasant truths about Scott.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 03:48:47 PM »

#1 - literally every thread I see he has posted in is nothing more than a click-bait link to take you to his site
#2a - literally every said click-bait link is a summary if content created elsewhere
#3 - many of said summaries end with some additional, non-related, content that tends to lean towards the negative

#1, he actually posted his content on this site in article forum, rather than just a link.
#3, he was a professional journalist. Either be a reporter or be a commentator, don't pretend to be both.
+1

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 07:38:30 AM »

ALLLLLLLLL of this ^

Right on.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11