September 23, 2024, 01:22:19 AM

Author Topic: Scott calls Richard Patrick a douchebag  (Read 4154 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott calls Richard Patrick a douchebag
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 09:55:37 PM »
Bit of a misleading headline, but once again it strikes me how Scott just seems like a sad old man these days, devoid of joy. Really depressing.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 10:35:30 PM »
While this is only a summarized retelling of the actual interview, this article makes it seem like the guy literally only asked Scott questions about the negative shit in his life, and then tried to get cute at the end. 

I wouldn't expect Scott to be all cheery at that point.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 11:12:01 PM »
There has to be a missing piece of information given about the interview. I don't know why Scott would attack the guy like that without something pissing him off before that point.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 01:30:12 AM »
Wow! What a revealing interview! Lol. Here it is in full, check out those questions and then the answers he gives! I'm guessing Scott was having a bad day :(

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/scott-weiland-says-filters-richard-patrick-acted-like-a-douche-bag-7389358
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Elvis

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 04:42:26 PM »
I see nothing wrong with what Scott said.

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 10:25:18 PM »
Strange attitude by Weiland, but does this headline express some kind of agenda or something? It's pretty misleading....
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 11:53:53 PM »
Someone has posted a link to this interview on Richard Patrick's Facebook page along with the comment -
"Richard Patrick is my boy... Screw you Scott"

Richard Patrick responded to this with -
"Hahaha Oh poopy butt!"

It's all getting rather childish and some of the hateful comments towards Scott are fucking ridiculous. I think some of these 'fans' think they are ACTUAL friends with Richard Patrick because they are on Facebook!
I think Scott's been pretty chill about the situation to be honest, let's give him the benefit of the doubt here, if I'd battled a crippeling heroin addiction for years and then got clean and had been for 13 years and someone went round saying I was on drugs again I would be fucking angry!! I'd be saying if I run into Richard Patrick I'm likely to beat the shit out of him! Scott is kinda playing it down if anything like "it was kind of a douche move but if I see him I won't speak to him"...

I'm a fan of Filter but I think it was a total dick move of Richard to start speculating and running his mouth to journalists about someone he barely knows and hasn't seen in years.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:58:46 PM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

MAZZA26

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 01:11:58 AM »
I'm not infatuated with Scott Weiland as many of you are on this site however that was a load of old horse*hit! The questions lined up for Scott were rubbish, unfair, awfully constructed and awfully implemented therefore it made him look a bit twatish but the questions didn't help.  As for the Richard v Scott thing....well it would be far better for them to have a chat with each other and sort sh*t out.  I've heard some of Richard Patrick's interviews in the last few years and they come across a bit overbearing...for someone like Scott they must be frustrating.  One minute RP is ON the next he is OFF (a bit like Noel Gallagher as opposed to his brother.)  That would not help Scott at all.  That's not constructive.  Then again you need to help yourself.

sbuxreg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/sbuxreg
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 03:50:07 AM »
I don't think it's appropriate for Scott to say "Let's go suck a dick" to people that shell out tons of money to meet him. He want's their money but doesn't want to be bothered w/ them. You can't have it both ways Scottie boy.  I've followed this man since roughly 1994. I even named my only child after him. I am not a "chester fan boy" or a "scott hater" by any means but I just can't condone his behavior.  The unfortunate nature of the music business these days is Touring is where you butter your bread.  If you can't be good to the fans who are paying their hard earned money to come and see you and or do a meet and greet with you, go get a real job like most of the rest of us and see how rewarding that is. Nobody will be kissing your ass at that juncture.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 05:52:39 AM »
YAY CLICKBAIT!
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 08:19:57 PM »
#highroad

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 02:18:33 PM »
I think anyone would be upset if someone talked about their private business in public. If Richard Patrick is genuinely concerned about Scott then he should reach out to him privately. Doing it in such a public way will backfire which we see in the way Scott is acting defensive.
So if he wants to be there for Scott, help him or whatever then fine, but do it in private.
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 02:36:03 AM »
I think anyone would be upset if someone talked about their private business in public. If Richard Patrick is genuinely concerned about Scott then he should reach out to him privately. Doing it in such a public way will backfire which we see in the way Scott is acting defensive.
So if he wants to be there for Scott, help him or whatever then fine, but do it in private.

I completely agree with you.
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 07:34:53 PM »

I completely agree with you.

At the same time, if you want your business to stay private then keep it private. You can't blame other people for speculating about your sobriety when you show up on stage and in public completely trashed like the Corpus Christy show.

As for Richard, he was directly asked to give his opinion on Scott. Yeah, he stated it dickishly, but people act like he has some axe to grind when he was specifically asked about his opinion on the subject. He didn't bring up the subject out of nowhere, it was a part of a larger conversation about sobriety.
Grab the hate and drown it out...