September 23, 2024, 09:20:10 AM

Author Topic: Amythest live 24 5 river city  (Read 1656 times)

Tom82

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Amythest live 24 5 river city
« on: May 26, 2015, 12:59:05 AM »

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Amythest live 24 5 river city
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 01:15:14 AM »
I love this song, it's my favorite on the album, but I don't like this performance really.  Sounds like they were having audio problems which is not their fault.  Also a classic case of Scott falling asleep at the wheel.  Again the backing band sounds solid. 

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 03:24:41 AM »
Scott didnt sound good there... Compare it to this from 2 months ago -

http://youtu.be/h6AoXHM6nTY

You can hear Scott really putting the effort in there even if its not perfect but since Jeremy died he just doesn't look or sound into it at all :-(
which is understandable, I really think he should've had more time off after that. It's obviously affected him in a huge way and it's showing. Watch any of the videos from Feb, March and you'll see/hear the difference. He could of course be on stronger anti depressents or anti anxiety meds now and that could be causing this sedated effect... Either way I hope he gets better soon.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 06:05:13 AM »
Yeah the performances are on 2 totally different levels on Scott's part.  In this case though I really feel it might not have been his fault.  There are parts where you can't hear the vocals at all and parts where you can.  His bass player even points at him at one point.  The way I interpreted that was perhaps he was trying to communicate to a sound guy "hey man, turn this guy up".