September 30, 2024, 09:28:01 AM

Author Topic: Joey Castillo leaves Wildabouts mid tour  (Read 4960 times)

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Joey Castillo leaves Wildabouts mid tour
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 08:41:41 PM »
LOL alternativegrungenation jumped the gun again.  Remember when they swore up and down it was in fact Scott in jail for meth?

Stay classy Brett.
Brett will take any opportunity to throw Scott under the bus to generate clicks

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 08:45:24 PM »
http://www.alternativenation.net/queens-of-the-stone-ages-joey-castillo-leaves-scott-weiland-the-wildabouts/

We've posted an update!  As we stated in our original report, it was unclear if Joey's departure was permanent or temporary.  Turns out Joey's only leavin' on a southern train for a week!

http://www.alternativenation.net/scott-weiland-announces-that-joey-castillo-will-rejoin-the-wildabouts/

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 01:10:47 AM »
LOL alternativegrungenation jumped the gun again.  Remember when they swore up and down it was in fact Scott in jail for meth?

Stay classy Brett.

Yeah I've noticed this... I thought he was a big Scott/STP fan? The way the articles about him are written though (mocking him most of the time) you wouldn't think it. Is it team Deleo syndrome gone mad?? I mean having a joke on here is one thing but when you're running a music news website that Scott himself may even read (you never know) and the article is almost passive aggressive and making fun of him/stirring up shit that's not cool! Especially if you are a fan. I guess I just don't get your angle?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 01:13:49 AM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 01:29:22 AM »
Scott should worry less about who is drumming for the funky bunch and focus more on his pledgemusic campaign which is quickly becoming a disaster.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 01:58:34 AM »
CagedTiger,

There is no angle.  My view on the DeLeos/STP has even changed, I mentioned in an article discussing the state of 90's bands a few months ago that I now don't think they should use the name and that I'm not too enthused about what those guys are doing to the band's legacy.  I also called them out a bit in my article about them kicking out the guy chanting for Scott a couple of months ago, and I posted quotes of theirs that sounded a bit bitter regarding Scott on the site rather than trying to frame it in some way that made them look better.  I also pointed out Dean's hypocrisy on dropping 'with Chester Bennington' from STP since when I talked to him he told me he thought they needed it so they weren't false advertising to fans.

I basically post what is out there, and a lot of it comes straight from the fans.  The thing is though that CheSTP is a professional band and there aren't things like negative meet and greet feedback or failing to ship PledgeMusic orders.  They're nice guys to fans, and overall very professional with their music and organization.

With Scott and his organization there is a lot of unprofessional behavior that is disrespectful to his paying customers, and that's definitely news.  It extends to his management/label/PR, who promoted the album by trashing STP with flyers at shows, and have also come off as disingenuous in the interactions I've had with them.

If there's any negative tone in the stories it's because I'm tired of seeing this type of behavior since I'd rather be writing about him doing great shows, and it's disappointing as a fan.  People love reading about Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam's great shows on my site, I'd prefer for Weiland's career to have positivity surrounding it like that, it'd be a lot more fun to write about than paying customers being disrespected.

Also when it comes to Weiland, I posted that "Vasoline" soundboard recording from a show after Corpus Christi, no other sites reposted it.  When Jeremy passed, we promoted the GoFundMe for his funeral and wrote a retrospective on his best moments on Blaster.  We've also posted videos of Scott debuting new songs that many other sites didn't post.

Scott Weiland is my favorite singer, tremendous respect for the music he's made, but I'm not going to be blind when it comes to his fans being disrespected.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:02:56 AM by StoneTempleBrett »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 02:07:51 AM »

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 02:26:18 AM »

Stay classy Brett.

Yeah I've noticed this... I thought he was a big Scott/STP fan? The way the articles about him are written though (mocking him most of the time) you wouldn't think it. Is it team Deleo syndrome gone mad?? I mean having a joke on here is one thing but when you're running a music news website that Scott himself may even read (you never know) and the article is almost passive aggressive and making fun of him/stirring up shit that's not cool! Especially if you are a fan. I guess I just don't get your angle?

His angle is that he is a massive tool attempting to troll on Rik's board.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 02:33:36 AM »

Stay classy Brett.

His angle is that he is a massive tool attempting to troll on Rik's board.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 03:09:16 AM »
Sucks to see a so called fan constantly stirring the shit up.  He also has a bunch of minions on this site as well stirring it up.  At first, he'd say he was worried about Scott's health and now it's about his fans. But Scott is giving him the ingredients.  And until he cleans up his act, tools like this will put it out there for everyone to digest.       

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 03:20:25 AM »
CagedTiger,

There is no angle.  My view on the DeLeos/STP has even changed, I mentioned in an article discussing the state of 90's bands a few months ago that I now don't think they should use the name and that I'm not too enthused about what those guys are doing to the band's legacy.  I also called them out a bit in my article about them kicking out the guy chanting for Scott a couple of months ago, and I posted quotes of theirs that sounded a bit bitter regarding Scott on the site rather than trying to frame it in some way that made them look better.  I also pointed out Dean's hypocrisy on dropping 'with Chester Bennington' from STP since when I talked to him he told me he thought they needed it so they weren't false advertising to fans.

I basically post what is out there, and a lot of it comes straight from the fans.  The thing is though that CheSTP is a professional band and there aren't things like negative meet and greet feedback or failing to ship PledgeMusic orders.  They're nice guys to fans, and overall very professional with their music and organization.

With Scott and his organization there is a lot of unprofessional behavior that is disrespectful to his paying customers, and that's definitely news.  It extends to his management/label/PR, who promoted the album by trashing STP with flyers at shows, and have also come off as disingenuous in the interactions I've had with them.

If there's any negative tone in the stories it's because I'm tired of seeing this type of behavior since I'd rather be writing about him doing great shows, and it's disappointing as a fan.  People love reading about Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam's great shows on my site, I'd prefer for Weiland's career to have positivity surrounding it like that, it'd be a lot more fun to write about than paying customers being disrespected.

Also when it comes to Weiland, I posted that "Vasoline" soundboard recording from a show after Corpus Christi, no other sites reposted it.  When Jeremy passed, we promoted the GoFundMe for his funeral and wrote a retrospective on his best moments on Blaster.  We've also posted videos of Scott debuting new songs that many other sites didn't post.

Scott Weiland is my favorite singer, tremendous respect for the music he's made, but I'm not going to be blind when it comes to his fans being disrespected.

Well thanks for the detailed response. I was referring to the 'negative tone' within the articles rather than the actual story's themselves and you've addressed that, although personally I feel you'd be better off not allowing your frustration to come across in the article, it doesn't look very proffessional but hey it's your site!

Also I'm not saying the negative stuff like the Pledgemusic thing or the Corpus Christi show shouldn't be reported on because they should, they ARE news and they ARE relevent but the gossip/rumour articles I've seen on your site like 'Scott snorted aspirin' and 'Sirius DJ calls Scott Weiland a jizzbucket' aren't even worth the space you're giving them.

I do enjoy some of the articles on your site and it is a good resource for NEWS regarding the bands I like, I just wish i didn't have to wade through the gossip and negativity to get to it sometimes!!
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 07:52:36 AM »
Not to necessarily be negative, but if this is a 'band' and not Scott solo, why not be open earlier about when Castillo will and will not be the drummer?

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 08:16:23 AM »
Not to necessarily be negative, but if this is a 'band' and not Scott solo, why not be open earlier about when Castillo will and will not be the drummer?

Yep.  Joey is one of the greatest drummers out there today, possibly the best Scott's ever played with.  Regardless of the quality of Scott's performances this year, Joey has been the backbone of the band.