September 29, 2024, 07:23:41 PM

Author Topic: Got my pledgemusic...  (Read 18303 times)

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Got my pledgemusic...
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2015, 03:02:53 PM »
So I guess EVERYONE in the STP/Scott camp reads this thing, huh?
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2015, 03:14:34 PM »
Also, the picture in the first post is quite obviously Scott's handwriting.  He copied it out personally.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2015, 03:18:54 PM »
So I guess EVERYONE in the STP/Scott camp reads this thing, huh?

It's a slippery slope. On one hand, you want to take your audience's pulse but once you develop rabbit ears it's a recipe for disaster because you'll never satisfy everyone and drive yourself mad in the process.

Now, addressing a mass complaint on the PledgeMusic front was probably essential to at least pacify those that helped fund the record.

I wonder if it'd just be easier to come on BelowEmpty directly. Or send a message directly to the funders through the PledgeMusic site. I'm not complaining but posting publicly could draw unnecessary attention. Just my $0.02.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2015, 04:31:23 PM »
For what it's worth...this was posted on Facebook.

"Just a quick word to those PledgeMusic supporters that have not yet received their items. Some of this was out of my hands, some of it was just a matter of the chaos of the last weeks...but we are almost there. Your items ARE coming. Thank you again for supporting me, The Wildabouts, and BLASTER. (And yes, I do write the lyric sheets. Each and every one.)
Your support means everything to me. Thank you again.

- Scott"

Did not see this before my previous post - thanks for sharing.  Little updates like this is all it takes to keep people from getting pissed to the point of canceling orders.  They should have said something sooner, but looks like they are getting the hang of it.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2015, 07:14:31 PM »
I didn't realize that I had such a following on BE. I'll ask again: If you are so offended by my posts, why on earth do you continue to read them?

If you are so offended by Scott then why do you continue to care about anything he does?

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2015, 07:38:43 PM »
I didn't realize that I had such a following on BE. I'll ask again: If you are so offended by my posts, why on earth do you continue to read them?

If you are so offended by Scott then why do you continue to care about anything he does?
The reason is simple: He is my favorite artist of all time. I've been listening to his music every day for years, and I always will. For me, it doesn't get any better. I feel so angry and frustrated as I continue to watch helplessly as he just throws it all away. I guess I need to vent. Sorry.

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2015, 08:45:30 PM »

The reason is simple: He is my favorite artist of all time. I've been listening to his music every day for years, and I always will. For me, it doesn't get any better. I feel so angry and frustrated as I continue to watch helplessly as he just throws it all away. I guess I need to vent. Sorry.

^ That's your problem....you God-ilize the man. That's what happens to all you kids who call these artists your heros of what have you. If you saw them as vulnerable human beings and that shit happens to them too, then you wouldn't be so hurt or whatever you're feeling.

He's not just sitting there on a puffy couch being waited on hand and foot and knows absolutely everything that is going on. It's not his fault the Pledgemusic thing got out of hand. It's their fault and probably his people. I still haven't received mine but I'm not complaining. It'll get here when it gets here.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:47:32 PM by Blueberry »

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2015, 08:51:52 PM »

^ That's your problem....you God-ilize the man. That's what happens to all you kids who call these artists your heros of what have you. If you saw them as vulnerable human beings and that shit happens to them too, then you wouldn't be so hurt or whatever you're feeling.

He's not just sitting there on a puffy couch being waited on hand and foot and knows absolutely everything that is going on. It's not his fault the Pledgemusic thing got out of hand. It's their fault and probably his people. I still haven't received mine but I'm not complaining. It'll get here when it gets here.

I just got a notification that my signed CD shipped a week ago, yours is probably coming soon.

No big deal though, at least the digital download was available on the release date.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2015, 08:54:58 PM »

I just got a notification that my signed CD shipped a week ago, yours is probably coming soon.

No big deal though, at least the digital download was available on the release date.
I don't want or expect him to be God. I want him to continue to function.

Sorry, Jim the Stimulator; I didn't mean to include your comments in there.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2015, 11:23:17 PM »
Just so you guys know, Alternative Nation had e-mail correspondence with Scott Weiland's management yesterday and we mentioned the PledgeMusic issue and how fans were upset about not getting their items.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2015, 12:13:12 AM »
Just so you guys know, Alternative Nation had e-mail correspondence with Scott Weiland's management yesterday and we mentioned the PledgeMusic issue and how fans were upset about not getting their items.
Takin credit huh?

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2015, 02:38:16 AM »
I'm in the same boat and also ordered a megaphone.  Not super rich and probably insane, but I can afford it.  There are no excuses for this many delays, but he's my favorite artist of all time, and to me it's worth it and a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Realistically who knows how much longer he'll be around as much as I hate to say it, so what do I lose out by waiting to see what happens?  Worst case scenario they are not fulfilled, and I get my money back.  Best case, I get an awesome piece of rock memorabilia that was used for an STP/VR recording/show (as advertised... hopefully not being freshly ordered and signed...) that can't be topped in my book.  It's shitty to have to wait but getting it a month or two late is better than not at all.  I do completely understand the frustration on everyone else's part as well and definitely thought about canceling my order more than once as well.

I hear you.  Scott's also my favorite artist, and the reasons you listed are exactly why I also ordered the megaphone.  Honestly, the big reason why I cancelled is because I was hurt.  Here we are, a handful of devoted fans spending a considerable amount of money on something most people would scoff at.  The execution on Scott's part to hold up his end of the deal is trivial.  Yet we're still treated like we're unimportant- a burden even. 

If I didn't already own some rare Scott memorabilia, I probably would have waited it out.  I know it isn't personal, but I feel like Scott took a big stinky dump on my loyalty, and cancelling the order seemed like the only way to express my disappointment.  It was not a decision I took lightly. 

I hope you get your order soon, it will definitely be a cool item to have.  8)

Thanks, and I get where you are coming from also.  Do you care to share what other rare Weiland memorabilia you have??

I'm kind of baffled why they are being so nonchalant about this, and not even so much as making a statement on PledgeMusic apologizing or giving people an updated timeline.  They got their money and put fulfillment on the back burner, but I'm surprised they don't realize these are the hardcore fans who are shelling out big bucks.  My point is that what do they think will happen when the next album comes out?  Will anyone be shelling out for even the standard album or a tshirt after this fiasco?

I have a pair of True Religion jeans that Scott owned and wore. He signed them and sold them for charity.
Sin make me strong.

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2015, 04:01:26 PM »
Did anyone else here order a megaphone or any high ticket item and still not receive it?  The PledgeMusic discussion board is getting vicious regarding these items.  If they do another PledgeMusic campaign for the next album, I'm getting the vibe most people won't be participating a second time around...

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2015, 05:46:57 PM »
If another album even happens, I bet Pledge wouldn't let him do it given the amount of problems this one has had and orders they still haven't filled months after the fact.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2015, 06:54:05 PM »
There is a reason why I will no longer give Scott money. Luckily I decided that long before any of this Pledge stuff. Sorry for all of you that got wrapped up in this.