September 29, 2024, 07:16:40 PM

Author Topic: Got my pledgemusic...  (Read 18290 times)

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Got my pledgemusic...
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2015, 04:59:44 PM »
Definitely not confusing the size of Scott's management team.  But the fact is he has a personal assistant, a manager, and when on the road a tour manager.  Whether or not one person overlaps these responsibilities or if there is a small group, the roles certainly exist.  And part of those job descriptions is to coordinate his schedule and juggle contracted responsibilities.

While yes, ideally, Scott should be aware of what is attached to his name and his responsibility, I think it might be a bit out of touch to think that remembering to fulfill the Pledge autograph items is near the front of Scott's mind.

Either they set a couple of dates for Scott to get to a location and sign a bunch of stuff, or they delivered crap to Scott's house and told him to sign by x date.  Either way, they're late.

The lateness of non-autographed items as well seems more frustrating.  Not sure you can give any excuse why a standard CD or t-shirt isn't ready.  Just poor planning or poor execution.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 05:01:41 PM by CritterTypeThing »
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Txloungefly

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2015, 05:12:15 PM »
I only ordered the CD and signed pic.  I sent Pledge a note Sunday and just asked about the status of the order and they replied by last night:

Thanks for getting in touch!
Unfortunately Scott’s team is still working on shipping out all outstanding items. They have advised they are looking to ship out the remaining orders in the next two weeks.
You will receive an email as soon as your order ships as well.
If you would prefer a refund than to wait please let us know and we can process one for you.
Thank You!
Luke
 PM

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2015, 05:16:54 PM »
I only ordered the CD and signed pic.  I sent Pledge a note Sunday and just asked about the status of the order and they replied by last night:

Thanks for getting in touch!
Unfortunately Scott’s team is still working on shipping out all outstanding items. They have advised they are looking to ship out the remaining orders in the next two weeks.
You will receive an email as soon as your order ships as well.
If you would prefer a refund than to wait please let us know and we can process one for you.
Thank You!
Luke
 PM

Thanks for sharing the update you got....fingers crossed!
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2015, 05:20:40 PM »
I didn't realize that I had such a following on BE. I'll ask again: If you are so offended by my posts, why on earth do you continue to read them?
I don't know why you think I'm part of your following, I was just correcting your  misconception
Well, if you don't follow my posts, what is your basis for stating that they are "consistently whiny?"
Like I said a link was provided showing how consistently whiny you are. All the posts were on that link that we were talking about. Learn to read man

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2015, 05:46:47 PM »
I didn't realize that I had such a following on BE. I'll ask again: If you are so offended by my posts, why on earth do you continue to read them?
I don't know why you think I'm part of your following, I was just correcting your  misconception
Well, if you don't follow my posts, what is your basis for stating that they are "consistently whiny?"
Like I said a link was provided showing how consistently whiny you are. All the posts were on that link that we were talking about. Learn to read man
Exactly. The link was posted, you went ahead and clicked it, and then proceeded to read all of my posts.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2015, 06:27:58 PM »
Exactly. The link was posted, you went ahead and clicked it, and then proceeded to read all of my posts.
Yes I clicked on a link like I click on all the links here. No I didn't read all your posts, but I know you need something to bitch about though so carry on

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2015, 07:40:52 PM »
If Scott took a dump on The Legacy's face he would find a way to shift the blame away from Scott, and probably shake his hand after

"I shouldn't have been laying there, Mr. Weiland!"
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2015, 09:43:36 PM »
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 08:28:39 PM by Flyingmerpa »

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2015, 09:44:39 PM »
If Scott took a dump on The Legacy's face he would find a way to shift the blame away from Scott, and probably shake his hand after

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2015, 10:24:53 PM »
I feel like I've seen a few posts in Andrew's history being a bit negative towards Dean and others seemingly drunk (or it was extreme sarcasm?).  HelloItsLate is just calling it out like it is.

Let's be honest - there's a lot of negativity coming from both sides.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2015, 01:15:00 AM »
Sorry, Ms. Shangri....

I don't remember getting any sort of receipt or invoice with my non-signed vinyl copy of the album.....

I don't remember the sender either. And I recycled the hell out of the cardboard it came in. I don't think it had PledgeMusic as the sender, though.....

Maybe if you still have the email receipt you can use it to get the customs agent to give you the stuff you paid a bunch of money for.

Honestly, it's kinda strange to me how customs would have issues with North American stuff coming INTO South America. Unless it was a lot of cash.... I can imagine a customs agent from the USA totally fucking up an album or something coming FROM South America though, thinking it was made of cocaine or something....

Either way, it's goddamn ridiculous. Why do we live in a world where people can't just have foreign packages dropped off with the rest of their mail?

What the hell does customs think it is? Do they want you to pay taxes on it? Or do they think it's a danger to society or something?

It's all about dollars. My country believes that my 28 dollars I spent in a CD from US may cause a crisis or something like that. Hinder purchases to regular people it's just the way they found to prevent foreign currency outflow. Ridiculous.

So, my intention is to pretend I did not pay for that order. Tell Customs to open up the package and show them it is just a simple CD, that I won or someone sent it to me as a gift. But for that, I need no price in it.
I don't remember ever receiving an invoice or receipt in the past.

The other option is to admit that I bought it, present a sworn declaration to the department of tax administration and pay 14 dollars (50% of the declared value) to Customs as duty (because one person per year can only buy 25 dollars). Believe it or not the hardest part here is to present the sworn declaration.

And whatever I do, I have to pay 5 dollars to Customs just because, and a dollar to the Post Office for every day they keep my little package.

Anyway, thanks andrew!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:16:44 AM by Shangri »
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2015, 08:57:21 PM »

That is such a ridiculous thing to say. We all know Dear Leader Scott Weiland doesn't pee or poop.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2015, 09:36:28 AM »
It's no wonder he's become such a complete failure.

Do you ever have anything nice to say like ever?  Good god you are depressing.

Lol, seriously. All of the posts from the past several months I remember seeing from this fool are negative, verbal bullshit, diarrhea posts.

I had some down time a few days ago and used one of the forum features to look at some of the posts before they became BelowEmpty.com's resident Charlie Brown: http://www.belowempty.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=8369

And yeah. HelloItsLate is literally the most negative person I have ever come across on the internet.

Why even join the forum of a band whose singer you harbor such vitriol towards?

If he/she weren't such a twatasaurus, I would pity them....

I was bored and took a read of those posts! What's funny is that every single one is negative towards Scott (calling him a dickhead etc) yet the guy still pledged $150 for a signed lyric sheet by someone he clearly dislikes!? Makes no damn sense!
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2015, 02:44:10 PM »
I'm in the same boat and also ordered a megaphone.  Not super rich and probably insane, but I can afford it.  There are no excuses for this many delays, but he's my favorite artist of all time, and to me it's worth it and a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Realistically who knows how much longer he'll be around as much as I hate to say it, so what do I lose out by waiting to see what happens?  Worst case scenario they are not fulfilled, and I get my money back.  Best case, I get an awesome piece of rock memorabilia that was used for an STP/VR recording/show (as advertised... hopefully not being freshly ordered and signed...) that can't be topped in my book.  It's shitty to have to wait but getting it a month or two late is better than not at all.  I do completely understand the frustration on everyone else's part as well and definitely thought about canceling my order more than once as well.

I hear you.  Scott's also my favorite artist, and the reasons you listed are exactly why I also ordered the megaphone.  Honestly, the big reason why I cancelled is because I was hurt.  Here we are, a handful of devoted fans spending a considerable amount of money on something most people would scoff at.  The execution on Scott's part to hold up his end of the deal is trivial.  Yet we're still treated like we're unimportant- a burden even. 

If I didn't already own some rare Scott memorabilia, I probably would have waited it out.  I know it isn't personal, but I feel like Scott took a big stinky dump on my loyalty, and cancelling the order seemed like the only way to express my disappointment.  It was not a decision I took lightly. 

I hope you get your order soon, it will definitely be a cool item to have.  8)

Thanks, and I get where you are coming from also.  Do you care to share what other rare Weiland memorabilia you have??

I'm kind of baffled why they are being so nonchalant about this, and not even so much as making a statement on PledgeMusic apologizing or giving people an updated timeline.  They got their money and put fulfillment on the back burner, but I'm surprised they don't realize these are the hardcore fans who are shelling out big bucks.  My point is that what do they think will happen when the next album comes out?  Will anyone be shelling out for even the standard album or a tshirt after this fiasco?

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2015, 02:58:16 PM »
For what it's worth...this was posted on Facebook.

"Just a quick word to those PledgeMusic supporters that have not yet received their items. Some of this was out of my hands, some of it was just a matter of the chaos of the last weeks...but we are almost there. Your items ARE coming. Thank you again for supporting me, The Wildabouts, and BLASTER. (And yes, I do write the lyric sheets. Each and every one.)
Your support means everything to me. Thank you again.

- Scott"

STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19