September 29, 2024, 07:21:08 PM

Author Topic: Got my pledgemusic...  (Read 18296 times)

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Got my pledgemusic...
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2015, 10:48:13 PM »
I don't think anyone is confusing Scott's management with a big machine... I mean, he is playing to 200 person shows these days.

That said, he has management staff/and/or a personal assistant, whom he pays to keep his affairs in order. If he was capable of doing that himself, he wouldn't need to cut them 20%.

I agree, in fact that's my point. Scott's management team is likely one or two part timers, plus a couple of interns. Anything more wouldn't make sense, based on record sales, size of shows, etc.

Yet I read posts that lay the blame for many of Scott's problems squarely on management. Late merchandise, goofy handouts at STP shows? Blame management. One person on here even blamed Scott's management for the meet and greet fiasco, saying he was 'forced' to appear, as in against his will, by management.

Well, management isn't forcing anyone to do anything. Scott's management barely exists.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2015, 11:10:23 PM »
Let's call a spade a spade. I have said this on here before. I am sure the good guy that Robert, Dean, and Eric loved, as well as Duff and Dave, is still in there somewhere and could come out. But he's masked by someone else at this point. People are complex and we don't know Scott, but we can infer a lot. I think, at heart, Scott probably is a good guy. That's what the guys in his band probably see a lot of. But that also comes with a lot of baggage.

I'll take Scott at his word that many times he was late was actually due to fear, not rock and roll excess. But the New Jersey story with Robert banging on his trailer is rock and roll excess. And I think we can all probably guess that being a rock and roll star often times means you're going to act like one sometimes. So I think Scott can be a diva.

Then add the substance abuse problems, and that further complicates things. Scott is probably a much, much different guy when completely sober, like 2000 and some of 2001, and just after he joined Velvet Revolver. But those times are few and far between nowadays.

Scott has to make $60,000 a month just to maintain the status quo. Since music doesn't make money nowadays, that means he's gotta do a lot of touring. That's why the VIP stuff is there and that is why the Pledge stuff is there. His heart isn't in it.

Now, if he were sober and not feeling forced to tour and do these things, he'd probably do what he wanted to do, tour less, make music more, and then maybe meeting fans on tour and signing things is less a job and more a way to thank fans. But he seems tired and uninspired nowadays.

Make no mistake--he burned many a bridge and very few people want to play with him. STP and Slash, et al, could make more with Scott, but they choose not to. The baggage isn't worth it. As I joked before, with Art of Anarchy, he once played with Slash, and now he is playing with Slash's replacement (Buckethead)'s replacement. It's been a long fall.

People tend to change when they hit rock bottom. Or they die. Scott just keeps on floating. Maybe it needs to get worse again before it gets better.

I wish him nothing but the best. I like Blaster. But I'd much rather have STP or VR and a more inspired Scott. Above all, I want him healthy. Here's to that.

TaylorCJ

• Co-Pilot
  • We told her that you loved her
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2015, 11:23:40 PM »
I got a hand written note from Pledge Music today thanking me for my patience ( I'm just waiting on a signed photo). I haven't been hounding them or anything, just asked for an update a while back. It's nice to see that at least someone gives a shit about this thing!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2015, 02:38:18 AM »
I got some questions for those of you who did get your orders.

My order is at Customs (bummer), and since I happen to live in a complicated country I'm having problems to release it... So

1- Was the price of the item shown anywhere outside or inside (invoice, recipe, CD etc) the package?
2- Is it the sender Pledge or who?

Of course I asked Pledge first three days ago but they haven't replied yet.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2015, 09:25:06 AM »
Sorry, Ms. Shangri....

I don't remember getting any sort of receipt or invoice with my non-signed vinyl copy of the album.....

I don't remember the sender either. And I recycled the hell out of the cardboard it came in. I don't think it had PledgeMusic as the sender, though.....

Maybe if you still have the email receipt you can use it to get the customs agent to give you the stuff you paid a bunch of money for.

Honestly, it's kinda strange to me how customs would have issues with North American stuff coming INTO South America. Unless it was a lot of cash.... I can imagine a customs agent from the USA totally fucking up an album or something coming FROM South America though, thinking it was made of cocaine or something....

Either way, it's goddamn ridiculous. Why do we live in a world where people can't just have foreign packages dropped off with the rest of their mail?

What the hell does customs think it is? Do they want you to pay taxes on it? Or do they think it's a danger to society or something?
Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2015, 09:45:24 AM »
It's no wonder he's become such a complete failure.

Do you ever have anything nice to say like ever?  Good god you are depressing.

Lol, seriously. All of the posts from the past several months I remember seeing from this fool are negative, verbal bullshit, diarrhea posts.

I had some down time a few days ago and used one of the forum features to look at some of the posts before they became BelowEmpty.com's resident Charlie Brown: http://www.belowempty.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=8369

And yeah. HelloItsLate is literally the most negative person I have ever come across on the internet.

Why even join the forum of a band whose singer you harbor such vitriol towards?

If he/she weren't such a twatasaurus, I would pity them....
Bleeda blooda

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2015, 01:21:08 PM »

Lol, seriously. All of the posts from the past several months I remember seeing from this fool are negative, verbal bullshit, diarrhea posts.

I had some down time a few days ago and used one of the forum features to look at some of the posts before they became BelowEmpty.com's resident Charlie Brown: http://www.belowempty.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=8369

And yeah. HelloItsLate is literally the most negative person I have ever come across on the internet.

I'm happy to hear that you're such a vehement opponent of negativity. Does this mean that you'll be standing up for Chester, the DeLeos, or anyone else who is subject to an endless stream of negativity on this site?

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2015, 02:44:44 PM »

Dude. This is the Internet. It is not your personal Happy Place.

People come here to express their opinions. Everyone has a different perspective. If you find mine to be consistently offensive, there is a simple solution: Don't read my posts. Whenever you're in a thread and you see "HelloItsLate," just keep scrolling.

Did you seriously create an archive of all my past posts? On some strange level, I find that mildly flattering. A bit stalkerish, too, but flattering, nonetheless.

Here's some friendly advice: If you want to surround yourself with positive, agreeable people, you are free to do so. You just need to get off the Internet and go out and make some real-life friends.

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2015, 02:48:10 PM »
I'm in the same boat and also ordered a megaphone.  Not super rich and probably insane, but I can afford it.  There are no excuses for this many delays, but he's my favorite artist of all time, and to me it's worth it and a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Realistically who knows how much longer he'll be around as much as I hate to say it, so what do I lose out by waiting to see what happens?  Worst case scenario they are not fulfilled, and I get my money back.  Best case, I get an awesome piece of rock memorabilia that was used for an STP/VR recording/show (as advertised... hopefully not being freshly ordered and signed...) that can't be topped in my book.  It's shitty to have to wait but getting it a month or two late is better than not at all.  I do completely understand the frustration on everyone else's part as well and definitely thought about canceling my order more than once as well.

I hear you.  Scott's also my favorite artist, and the reasons you listed are exactly why I also ordered the megaphone.  Honestly, the big reason why I cancelled is because I was hurt.  Here we are, a handful of devoted fans spending a considerable amount of money on something most people would scoff at.  The execution on Scott's part to hold up his end of the deal is trivial.  Yet we're still treated like we're unimportant- a burden even. 

If I didn't already own some rare Scott memorabilia, I probably would have waited it out.  I know it isn't personal, but I feel like Scott took a big stinky dump on my loyalty, and cancelling the order seemed like the only way to express my disappointment.  It was not a decision I took lightly. 

I hope you get your order soon, it will definitely be a cool item to have.  8)
Sin make me strong.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2015, 02:59:49 PM »

Dude. This is the Internet. It is not your personal Happy Place.

People come here to express their opinions. Everyone has a different perspective. If you find mine to be consistently offensive, there is a simple solution: Don't read my posts. Whenever you're in a thread and you see "HelloItsLate," just keep scrolling.

Did you seriously create an archive of all my past posts? On some strange level, I find that mildly flattering. A bit stalkerish, too, but flattering, nonetheless.

Here's some friendly advice: If you want to surround yourself with positive, agreeable people, you are free to do so. You just need to get off the Internet and go out and make some real-life friends.
He didn't create the archive, all of our profiles has one built in. All he had to do was provide a link and it showed how consistently whiny you are

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2015, 03:32:43 PM »
I didn't realize that I had such a following on BE. I'll ask again: If you are so offended by my posts, why on earth do you continue to read them?

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2015, 03:35:43 PM »
I didn't realize that I had such a following on BE. I'll ask again: If you are so offended by my posts, why on earth do you continue to read them?
I don't know why you think I'm part of your following, I was just correcting your  misconception

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2015, 03:45:40 PM »
I don't know why you think I'm part of your following, I was just correcting your  misconception
Well, if you don't follow my posts, what is your basis for stating that they are "consistently whiny?"

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2015, 03:53:07 PM »
With all due respect to Jeremy, how could his death possibly interfere with the mailing out of T-shirts and other similar items that were ordered three months before he passed away?

You're right about that. All that stuff should have been handled already, and it's not like Scott is the one sitting in a sweatshop making the shirts. I was (perhaps naively) under the impression that the easy stuff had already been shipped, but everyone was waiting for the personalized items.

If that is not the case, then I ask what the hell?
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2015, 04:09:09 PM »
I guess he didn't finish signing everything at the session he posted a picture from, and then didn't bother going back to finish the job.

I got a signed LP, so he definitely did some of them. Why unsigned items would not have gone out is quite inexplicable though.