September 29, 2024, 07:14:33 PM

Author Topic: Got my pledgemusic...  (Read 18288 times)

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Got my pledgemusic...
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2015, 08:44:39 PM »
I imagine after this whole mess Scott will have lost even more of his "biggest" fans. People can blame whoever they want for the delays, but there is one person in charge at the top of the Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts and he isn't home enough to care.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2015, 08:52:03 PM »
I got the signed LP because the only Scott Weiland signature I ever obtained on my own was at a Velvet Revolver signing session, and I gave it away to a girl. Which I don't regret as she was a nice girl, and a genuine fan, and deserving of such a thing.

It arrived very late of course, but I expected that. I was more upset it misses Blue Eyes, and so consequently I now always listen to the CD instead. That's probably some idiot office assistant's fault though.

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2015, 09:20:39 PM »
This wasn't my first experience either. Back when Scott had that charity auction of personal items for his brother's family back around the time of Happy in Galoshes, I bought a pair of jeans worn and signed by Scott. I paid $300 for them and got them mailed to me straight away. So despite Scott's unreliable reputation, there was some precedent and reason to expect a pleasant exchange.
Sin make me strong.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 05:19:32 PM »
What kills me about all of this is that the PledgeMusic thing is so easy. Or should be. Scott clearly needs the money. And he has some fans here who are fortunate enough to have money to burn -- and we actually wanted this stuff! Like someone said, all he had to do was buy a bunch of those megaphones, slap a quick signature on them, throw them back in the same boxes, and ship them out. But it was still impossible for him to do even that. Here we are, trying to HAND him our money, and he still can't do it. It's no wonder he's become such a complete failure.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2015, 06:48:40 PM »
It's no wonder he's become such a complete failure.

Do you ever have anything nice to say like ever?  Good god you are depressing.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2015, 07:09:09 PM »
It's no wonder he's become such a complete failure.

Do you ever have anything nice to say like ever?  Good god you are depressing.
Well hello there! Have a nice day!!!

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2015, 07:25:22 PM »
Still waiting on my signed CD and signed picture.

I take this as more of a management problem.

His camp made a commitment with PledgeMusic and they tailored the offerings that The Wildabouts were willing to do.  Scott and the band I'm sure have many commitments.  Usually when you have a manager/assistant/team the expectation is for those people to help keep things in line.

For the amount they probably sold, you get the crew to sit the fuck down for an hour or so at the time and just sign away.  It's really not terribly hard.

I'm pretty disappointed, considering the artists agree to what to offer in the store and that all that promo stuff could have easily been done prior to the release of the album.  To say the guitarist's death was the hold up is a shame on them for using that.  It all could have and should have been done prior to the day of the album release when you know the artists are going to be booked solid with all types of press.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2015, 07:36:54 PM »
It's pretty easy people.........  Cancel if you have buyers' remorse.  Jeez.  I bought the special event from pledge and they just rescheduled.  The lead guitarist did die.  I'm sure most, if not all, of the energy/resources was getting this squared away so they didn't have to cancel the entire itinerary.  The fact that he's out touring and trying to support this album is a mini miracle. 

Certainly feels like grungereport guy and his minions are on here trying to stir it up.  Not biting. 

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2015, 07:52:59 PM »
Ultimately, you have to be aware of what is being done in your name. I'm not saying Scott is responsible for that weird dude TMZ reported actually WAS Weiland in jail a year or so ago. But he needs to be responsible for this stuff, even if it is management that screwed it up. Ultimately it's Scott's name, not management's, that takes the hit.

If Scott is going to take credit for stuff in his name, there comes responsibility with that. I hope the guy finds happiness, I really do, but I don't think he's too terribly happy now. Sure, traveling can be grueling, but he gets to see the country with his friends and he works for 90 minutes every other night. Yeah, time spent writing is working, but he has time to do this.

I've heard that Adam Carolla's prizes for his Fund Anything campaigns (for his independent film and for the podcast defense fund) were late and some still haven't been fulfilled. But that guy is putting out his second book in as many years (as well as recording the audiobooks for them), records 3 or 4 podcasts, one of which is daily, stars in a TV show (Catch a Contractor), directed, produced, and starred in an independent film, directed and produced a documentary on Paul Newman's racing life (both in the last year), and does live podcasts and standup dates.

If Scott were near that busy--touring with one band, recording with, say, two others, and doing other types of media (multiple books, etc.), then maybe I'd get it. But he's in one band where he works 90 minutes every other night, basically.

Again, I hope he finds happiness. But if he can't even find time to do these little things for obscene money, I can't believe he is.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2015, 08:09:15 PM »
For the record, I do not have buyer's remorse. I am just unwilling to wait forever for this shit, and I'm tired of hearing the lame excuses for why it was not delivered as promised.

Even now, as some of us are cancelling our orders for large-ticket items, do you think someone will take notice and start shipping this overdue stuff out? Doubtful.

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2015, 08:23:11 PM »
I didn't think Jeremy's death was a lame excuse, but I also was/am not trying to start an argument. I guess I should have said I understand why people are canceling their orders. On the flip side, I ordered a handwritten lyric sheet from the band Dead Sara and they just wrote the lyrics out and photo-copied it and sent it out. Didn't even bother signing the photocopy, just signed the original. So, I guess I felt like this was better.

And it's easy for me to say that considering I actually received my items and some people did not. I feel bad for those who didn't.
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2015, 08:27:08 PM »
With all due respect to Jeremy, how could his death possibly interfere with the mailing out of T-shirts and other similar items that were ordered three months before he passed away?

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2015, 08:29:47 PM »
Ultimately, you have to be aware of what is being done in your name. I'm not saying Scott is responsible for that weird dude TMZ reported actually WAS Weiland in jail a year or so ago. But he needs to be responsible for this stuff, even if it is management that screwed it up. Ultimately it's Scott's name, not management's, that takes the hit.

If Scott is going to take credit for stuff in his name, there comes responsibility with that. I hope the guy finds happiness, I really do, but I don't think he's too terribly happy now. Sure, traveling can be grueling, but he gets to see the country with his friends and he works for 90 minutes every other night. Yeah, time spent writing is working, but he has time to do this.

I've heard that Adam Carolla's prizes for his Fund Anything campaigns (for his independent film and for the podcast defense fund) were late and some still haven't been fulfilled. But that guy is putting out his second book in as many years (as well as recording the audiobooks for them), records 3 or 4 podcasts, one of which is daily, stars in a TV show (Catch a Contractor), directed, produced, and starred in an independent film, directed and produced a documentary on Paul Newman's racing life (both in the last year), and does live podcasts and standup dates.

If Scott were near that busy--touring with one band, recording with, say, two others, and doing other types of media (multiple books, etc.), then maybe I'd get it. But he's in one band where he works 90 minutes every other night, basically.

Again, I hope he finds happiness. But if he can't even find time to do these little things for obscene money, I can't believe he is.

Great post.

People keep mentioning 'Scott's management' as if there were some huge organization behind him, but that's unlikely.

Just do the math. Let's say management gets 20% of everything: Blaster sales, concert receipts, meet n greets, etc.

I'm guessing Scott's management made a few thousand $$ from Blaster and maybe 2k from a live show. They've probably made something like 50k so far this year off of Scott. That's peanuts; either it's a very small organization with few clients that can give Scott some attention, or it's a large organization that pays him no mind because they have bigger clients.

It's way to easy to put everything on management, but it's just another way to deflect blame. Scott doesn't have this big machine behind him making all the decisions.

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2015, 09:41:26 PM »
I don't think anyone is confusing Scott's management with a big machine... I mean, he is playing to 200 person shows these days.

That said, he has management staff/and/or a personal assistant, whom he pays to keep his affairs in order. If he was capable of doing that himself, he wouldn't need to cut them 20%.

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2015, 10:12:49 PM »
People that are spending $500 on a megaphone are either really wealthy or horrible with their money.

It's frivolous and silly no matter how wealthy you are. Fortunately I'm at a point in my life that I can afford an occasional splurge. With that said, part of me is relieved I got to cancel and keep my money.

I'm in the same boat and also ordered a megaphone.  Not super rich and probably insane, but I can afford it.  There are no excuses for this many delays, but he's my favorite artist of all time, and to me it's worth it and a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Realistically who knows how much longer he'll be around as much as I hate to say it, so what do I lose out by waiting to see what happens?  Worst case scenario they are not fulfilled, and I get my money back.  Best case, I get an awesome piece of rock memorabilia that was used for an STP/VR recording/show (as advertised... hopefully not being freshly ordered and signed...) that can't be topped in my book.  It's shitty to have to wait but getting it a month or two late is better than not at all.  I do completely understand the frustration on everyone else's part as well and definitely thought about canceling my order more than once as well.