September 29, 2024, 07:28:41 PM

Author Topic: Got my pledgemusic...  (Read 18312 times)

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Got my pledgemusic...
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2015, 02:38:50 AM »
If you go to your orders page, it says that (and it has said this since the pledgemusic page was opened) all orders were to be fulfilled by April 28th. Considering I got it 2 weeks later after Jeremy died while on tour, I really think people are blowing this out of proportion.

Are you aware of how this site operates? They set a date to have things fulfilled by. When Jeremy died, they even issued an update saying they were running behind. All I'm saying is they were 100% upfront about the date from the beginning (just like every other artist), and they acknowledged they would be running behind.
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2015, 02:54:13 AM »
The fact that they can't offer an ETA on 25 megaphones that hit people's credit card statements 8 weeks ago at $500 a pop is complete BS. These megaphones were advertised as in storage already used during STP and VR. It's not like he had to invest any time signing 25 items or play 25 shows to accumulate a stockpile.

I don't see how cancelling my order at this point is blowing it out of proportion. $500 for a megaphone is a lot of money, I think anyone that spends that had a right to realistic expectations.
Sin make me strong.

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 03:02:46 AM »
I saw the date of 4/28. Pledge music also issued a statement that all orders would ship the week of 4/10 after Jeremy's death. That obviously didn't happen.  After 4/28, I got a message saying it would ship in two weeks. After 2 weeks passed, I got a message that Scott's team was still working on it and didn't have a date.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 04:18:52 AM by Suffer_Long »
Sin make me strong.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 03:18:07 AM »
Considering I got it 2 weeks later after Jeremy died while on tour, I really think people are blowing this out of proportion.

If Jeremy died say 2 weeks before the release date, this would all make sense. The fact he died the night before the album was released and there is a big delay means they had nothing done by the release date. I've done the pledge thing before, I got my signed CD the day after release day, meaning it shipped BEFORE the album was released. Anyone with organizational skills would have started several weeks before March 28. It all just shows that Scott doesn't care. I originally ordered a signed cd, after waiting a month and still no email saying it was shipped I cancelled and got my money back.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2015, 02:22:24 PM »
To be fair, the description said nothing about it being signed
You raise a very good point . I just went back to the PledgeMusic site and re-read the description of what I purchased for $150:

Limited Edition Handwritten Lyric Sheet: The song of your choice written out by hand.

Even more interesting, I noticed that Filter has a similar offering listed on PledgeMusic. Check this one out:

Handwritten Lyric Sheet: Pick your favorite Filter song and Richard will write it out for you by hand and sign it.

In Scott's case, the description doesn't say that the lyric sheet would be written out by Scott. Apparently, these lyric sheets are not signed and do not come with a certificate of authenticity. Are they worth $150? You decide. For my part, I'm glad I received a refund.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 02:36:45 PM »
Sorry for the double post.

If there is anyone else out there who is still waiting for the Scott Weiland merchandise they paid for more than four months ago, you should know that you do not have to wait indefinitely (despite Scott's continual excuses). Here's what the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has to say about it:

Under the FTC's Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule, a seller must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that it can ship within a certain time. If, after taking a customer’s order, the seller learns that it cannot ship within the time stated (or within 30 days), the seller must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If the seller cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay, the seller must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid for the unshipped merchandise.

I don't know about anyone else, but my order was delayed several times. No one ever asked for my consent, and I was issued a refund only after I requested it.

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2015, 04:19:34 PM »
^^ This.
Sin make me strong.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2015, 05:24:22 PM »
A drug addict rock star isn't prompt and that surprises you guys?

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2015, 05:51:43 PM »
Not surprised. Just disappointed.
Sin make me strong.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2015, 06:48:04 PM »
You're right, The Legacy. Even so, I don't recall seeing an exception in the FTC rule for "drug addict rock stars." The bottom line is that he is not above the law. Maybe someone should point this out to him, and he'll stop sitting on -- and presumably earning interest on -- the hard-earned money of his loyal fans.

You seem to be very intent on starting an argument with me. I did not come here to argue with anyone. I came to this "Scott Weiland fan site" to share my experience with others who might care, and who might be in the same boat as me. That is all.

I think it's quite admirable that there are a handful of fans on this site who will defend Scott no matter what he does. But consider this: We spoke with our wallets.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2015, 06:54:46 PM »
You're right, The Legacy. Even so, I don't recall seeing an exception in the FTC rule for "drug addict rock stars." The bottom line is that he is not above the law. Maybe someone should point this out to him, and he'll stop sitting on -- and presumably earning interest on -- the hard-earned money of his loyal fans.

You seem to be very intent on starting an argument with me. I did not come here to argue with anyone. I came to this "Scott Weiland fan site" to share my experience with others who might care, and who might be in the same boat as me. That is all.

I think it's quite admirable that there are a handful of fans on this site who will defend Scott no matter what he does. But consider this: We spoke with our wallets.
I'm not even defending him I'm just saying people with common sense would expect this Based on his history

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2015, 07:23:19 PM »
I'm going to weigh in here as a long time a weiland fan who was smart enough to avoid the pledgemusic trap.

That said, I think fault lies more with Scott's management, and less with Scott.

I mean, how hard is it to order a bunch of these and then ship them out for a 10x return to some fools (with all due respect) willing to spend $500 on them?

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PMP58U-Professional-Megaphone-Function/dp/B004HJ754O/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1431886777&sr=8-6&keywords=Megaphone

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2015, 08:10:44 PM »
I'm going to weigh in here as a long time a weiland fan who was smart enough to avoid the pledgemusic trap.

That said, I think fault lies more with Scott's management, and less with Scott.

I mean, how hard is it to order a bunch of these and then ship them out for a 10x return to some fools (with all due respect) willing to spend $500 on them?

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PMP58U-Professional-Megaphone-Function/dp/B004HJ754O/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1431886777&sr=8-6&keywords=Megaphone

No offense taken. 8 weeks of buyer's remorse gives you a looonnng time to come to your senses :-)
Sin make me strong.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2015, 08:14:40 PM »
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 08:23:45 PM by Flyingmerpa »

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2015, 08:40:43 PM »
People that are spending $500 on a megaphone are either really wealthy or horrible with their money.

It's frivolous and silly no matter how wealthy you are. Fortunately I'm at a point in my life that I can afford an occasional splurge. With that said, part of me is relieved I got to cancel and keep my money.
Sin make me strong.