September 30, 2024, 09:22:29 AM

Author Topic: 2015-05-13 - Marion, SC - Swamp Fox Entertainment Complex  (Read 5201 times)

PigsinZen

• Hickory Dichotomy
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Superman with Silvergun
    • View Profile
Re: 2015-05-13 - Marion, SC - Swamp Fox Entertainment Complex
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2015, 04:59:07 PM »
A teleprompter?  REALLY? ??? ?

Scott has been using a teleprompter for many, many years. At least since the Velvet Revolver days.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 01:23:03 AM »

Scott has been using a teleprompter for many, many years. At least since the Velvet Revolver days.

I never even knew that.  Learning this kind of saddens me really.  When I think of someone needing a teleprompter to sing their own songs they've been singing for years and years and years I think of someone like Ozzy, not Scott.  Maybe I'm in denial and need to accept this as just another sign of a harsh reality. 

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2015, 05:39:43 AM »

I never even knew that.  Learning this kind of saddens me really.  When I think of someone needing a teleprompter to sing their own songs they've been singing for years and years and years I think of someone like Ozzy, not Scott.  Maybe I'm in denial and need to accept this as just another sign of a harsh reality. 

Axl Rose started using them very early on in if his career if that helps lol.
Literally by the 'Use Your Illusion tour' in the early 90's he had them for every show...
Sometimes it just helps if you have one of those 'brain fart' moments just to look at it and get back on track, none of these singers spend all night looking at them so I don't have a problem with them really.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2015, 06:13:08 AM »
Nah, I'm still not sold.  That's some karaoke shit for people who kinda know the song but maybe don't; not for pros who not only wrote the song but have been performing it for 20+ years.  I think it's even lame that Ozzy does it, but I get it, his brain is just so fried so I give him a pass.  I know Scott has issues but I don't think of him being on the level of Ozzy.

I can almost guarantee you that you could put any regular poster from this message board up there and they would be just fine without a teleprompter.  If any of us could do it without the words on a screen so can he. 

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2015, 01:27:39 PM »
I was right at the stage in front of Scott for the Toronto show and I only noticed him look at the teleprompter twice.  Once during Way She Moves and once during White Lightning.  So not during any STP song.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2015, 01:39:49 PM »
Ozzy looks at them a lot for the newer songs, at least from what I noticed. It never bothered me that much. Scott usually doesn't stare at them for entire songs like Ozzy, he mostly looks at them so he knows where he is in a song (so it seems).

I've been watching recent clips of AC/DC playing live, and I noticed Brian Johnson looking at teleprompters too which was kind of a surprise. I'd rather have someone read the words than run over to one side of the stage and make unintelligible noises, lol.
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2015, 02:50:32 PM »
Ozzy looks at them a lot for the newer songs, at least from what I noticed. It never bothered me that much. Scott usually doesn't stare at them for entire songs like Ozzy, he mostly looks at them so he knows where he is in a song (so it seems).

I think that's probably what Scott is doing, he has always had a bit of a problem with his timing, occasionally fluffs them and sings when there should be a solo, or sings the wrong verse.

It's easy to get turned about when you are trying to sing and be a frontman at the same time.

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 04:53:17 PM »

I've been watching recent clips of AC/DC playing live, and I noticed Brian Johnson looking at teleprompters too which was kind of a surprise. I'd rather have someone read the words than run over to one side of the stage and make unintelligible noises, lol.

He uses it more often than u think. But u can't tell cause he often wears sunglasses

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 05:27:53 PM »
I was right at the stage in front of Scott for the Toronto show and I only noticed him look at the teleprompter twice.  Once during Way She Moves and once during White Lightning.  So not during any STP song.

He also did the old school siren walk off that he did with STP and VR at times, glad he brought that back, its a cool way to end a show
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 11:15:04 PM »
As has been mentioned, it has been no secret that a teleprompter is set up on the stage and has been for a long time. At this show, he was never wearing any sunglasses and I was just about in front of the thing, he used it very rarely. I have invested time, money and energy to see Scott live numerous times and there is always a little pre show trepidation. The last thing on my mind leading up to showtime is whether he still has that particular piece of equipment on stage.  I don't think its going anywhere soon.

It was good to see so many songs from Blaster. It be weird if he did 90% of the show with STP/VR stuff but that's not what he's doing.

And I have always dug that siren walk off as well.