September 30, 2024, 05:23:08 AM

Author Topic: 2015-05-03 - Memphis, TN - Beale Street Music Festival  (Read 3263 times)

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
2015-05-03 - Memphis, TN - Beale Street Music Festival
« on: April 30, 2015, 10:41:54 PM »
2015-05-03 - Memphis, TN - Beale Street Music Festival

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
Re: 2015-05-03 - Memphis, TN - Beale Street Music Festival
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 12:44:43 AM »
Will be at this show tomorrow afternoon. First time seeing the Wildabouts so not sure what to expect, especially considering the now infamous video from the other day. I will report back after the show.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 09:29:22 AM »
Will be at this show tomorrow afternoon. First time seeing the Wildabouts so not sure what to expect, especially considering the now infamous video from the other day. I will report back after the show.

Judging from the clips from the last couple shows, Weiland knows he done goofed and is going to be on his best behavior the rest of the tour. So unless he gets a cold or laryngitis or something, I think you're in for a good show.

I dunno if you're one of those people who are interested in recording parts of shows, but I'd be very appreciative if you can get some clips of the non-STP tracks they play. Because nobody ever records that stuff.

Instagram always has clips of Vasoline, Unglued and Dead & Bloated, but never Hotel Rio or Amethyst.

If not, that's fine too, just enjoy yourself. Have a good time.
Bleeda blooda

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 02:44:03 PM »

Judging from the clips from the last couple shows, Weiland knows he done goofed and is going to be on his best behavior the rest of the tour. So unless he gets a cold or laryngitis or something, I think you're in for a good show.

I dunno if you're one of those people who are interested in recording parts of shows, but I'd be very appreciative if you can get some clips of the non-STP tracks they play. Because nobody ever records that stuff.

Instagram always has clips of Vasoline, Unglued and Dead & Bloated, but never Hotel Rio or Amethyst.

If not, that's fine too, just enjoy yourself. Have a good time.

I don't usually record at shows cause I typically just take in the moment, but if I remember, I'll try to get a clip or two. Any songs in particular you'd like to hear?

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 01:19:31 AM »
Just got back from the show. The band sounded awesome, especially Nick Maybery. The dude can play. Scott was coherent and sounded great. Same setlist from the other shows minus Circles, which disappointed me. Vasoline and Hotel Rio were personal favorites for me. Truly suprising how good they were considering all the bad videos that come out of him fucking up. I guess I've just been lucky that every time I've seen Scott, he showed up on time and sounded fine.

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 03:09:54 AM »
Just got back from the show. The band sounded awesome, especially Nick Maybery. The dude can play. Scott was coherent and sounded great. Same setlist from the other shows minus Circles, which disappointed me. Vasoline and Hotel Rio were personal favorites for me. Truly suprising how good they were considering all the bad videos that come out of him fucking up. I guess I've just been lucky that every time I've seen Scott, he showed up on time and sounded fine.

Good to hear. Joey and Nick keep posting stuff on IG and it seems like they are all having a good time. Would love to hear this version of the Wildabouts record some new music.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 01:58:59 PM »
Yeah Andrew is right, with all the uproar over last weeks incident I also think he'll be on his best behavior the rest of this tour. 

I'm glad to hear you liked the performance.  I really think this new guitarist has some spark in his playing. I first noticed it on Vasoline actually. He didn't sound like someone putting their own spin on it making it a cheesy cover.  His tone was great and at least to me it sounded as close to Dean's playing on the song as anyone else I've heard Scott use in that role.

Scott really has done a good job assembling a band that can definitely do more than just hold its own.  If he can stay motivated, it is going to be real interesting to see what kind of new material this incarnation of the band comes up with. 

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com

Elvis

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 12:55:02 AM »
This guy Nick can jam.  I think he's motivating Scott. 

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 06:22:36 AM »
He starts a bit rough on Amethyst but real strong the rest of the way
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"