October 01, 2024, 12:37:11 PM

Author Topic: 2015-04-28 - Corpus Christi, TX - Brewster Street Ice House  (Read 23224 times)

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2015-04-28 - Corpus Christi, TX - Brewster Street Ice House
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2015, 10:50:23 PM »
Love the TMZ story that says Weiland says he is not on drugs, but then his people admit he had a few drinks. Why do we keep forgetting alcohol is a drug?

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2015, 10:55:48 PM »
Why the hell is Scott playing 3 shows in a row and 4 shows in 5 nights this point of his career?

$. Hard to turn a profit touring the club circuit and having put pay for hotels, buses, per diem,  handlers, techs, etc. for days on the road that don't result in income.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2015, 10:57:45 PM »
He's actually playing 4 shows in 4 nights as he has a show tonight and tomorrow night as well.  This will be the real test.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2015, 12:02:10 AM »
He's got bills, man. Just like we all do. Definitely rough on the vocals.
Werd to Big Berd!

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2015, 12:38:55 AM »
There's one question that is still unanswered for me regarding all this...

Why was Scott taking his jacket off in the first place only to want to put it straight back on again?
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2015, 01:03:41 AM »
Love the TMZ story that says Weiland says he is not on drugs, but then his people admit he had a few drinks. Why do we keep forgetting alcohol is a drug?
i think he is liquored up with prescription pills to boot.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2015, 01:03:50 AM »
There's one question that is still unanswered for me regarding all this...

Why was Scott taking his jacket off in the first place only to want to put it straight back on again?

Same reason you or I would take off a jacket.  Ever played under lights?  It gets fuckin' HOT up there!  If I had to guess I'd say he probably felt uncomfortable with it on but then was so disorientated from whatever mix of alcohol and pills was in his system that he probably just put it back on.  No real reason.

Erik B.

• I'm just this guy, ya know?
  • Cardinal
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2015, 01:40:10 AM »

Because it's not illegal.
Sometimes you just have to step back, put things in perspective, and think, "Well, at least I can l look forward to hell."

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2015, 01:59:38 AM »
I remember people saying back in '08 that "OMG Scott is gonna die any day now" after the PNC Jersey show.   He always bounces back strong, and he did it again the following night.  Yes, he sounded awful vocally, but considering he probably drinks or gets buzzed before most shows these days, that probably doesn't factor in much.  I think this does come down to a monitor issue.  It is not like he is fucking up every night in a row.  We all know he has a couple bad shows here and there.  You may hate me for saying this, but it IS part of the rock n roll unpredictability that separates him and makes him more interesting than say a Myles Kennedy or a Chester Bennington.

This was the first I've seen or heard of their new guitar player, or even footage I've seen with Joey C in the band, and all I can say is these guys sound AMAZING.  Nick has a total Dean Deleo/Slash quality about him and sounds great on the guitar...amazing tone and playing.  Joey is solid as hell and hard hitting.  As bad as Scott sounded, they saved the performance.  Could have easily enjoyed watching them play the whole night even if Scott was off.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 02:01:19 AM by Casual »

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2015, 04:19:15 AM »
I didn't read through all these posts, so I'm sorry if I repeat something that's already been said.

I watched the Vasoline video, and part of Crackerman. That's all I could handle.

Here's my take: if he's not on drugs, then he's just entered a phase of 100% not giving a shit. These songs... these STP songs that he's fucking around with are the songs that made him who he is today, one way or another. You may not be friendly with the guys you made the music with, but have some goddamn respect toward the music itself, and to the fans who came to hear it. If you care so little about your past, then fuck it. Don't play that music and just play your new album and your solo shit.

FUCK.

This just pisses me off.

Sorry.

Back to lurking.
Well said old friend.  I totally agree. Hopefully he can get his shit in order.  I'd be pissed if I was at this show.  So disappointing considering how well he seems to have been doing lately before this.

On the plus side (the only one I can see) Nick does sound amazing, 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 04:42:04 AM by Aaron »

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2015, 07:10:41 AM »
Nick Maybury
Thank you Cassandra-lee..
Hey Marcelo we sincerely appreciate your concern for Scott and you sound like you truly care but please if your a true fan of Scott we need your compassion and support and understanding - the actual dead on truth is - he had a bad RF problem in his in ear monitor
Am I seeing (or NOT seeing, in this case) things, but it looks like he had no in-ear monitors during the show at all.

Also, "Vasoline" video is now private.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2015, 12:43:37 PM »
Scott is on quaaludes from what some sparrows are telling me.   That with alcohol is a horrible combination.

When he was on heroin he was never this bad.

Message his manager on Facebook with messages of support / concern and let's see what happens.

This might be a good idea and something all of us can do.  Link his manager's profile and lets send our concerns.

Edit:  I think this is it https://www.facebook.com/lucaskeller?fref=ts

I told you guys about Weiland taking ludes a while back in one of my posts and several of you proceeded to tell me that ludes aren't cool and that nobody takes ludes anymore.

This is a perfect example of Scott taking one too many and having a few too many drinks prior to going on.

Scott needs help. All these people that make excuses for him, monitors going out, etc... Are going to be the end of him. All of these people are puppets. Scott keeps them around because they let him pull this shit. They allow it because they need the work... Castillo included.

Yes, Castillo is a heroin addict. Unsure as to if he's currently using but I don't think so.

I was told months and months ago Scott hasn't been doing any heroin but that he'll do any other drug on the table but that he no longer take prescription pills and he's taking ludes. This is just a case of completely overdoing it.
Take it.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2015, 01:06:20 PM »
With all this talk about monitors here's what I can say. 

As someone who has played numerous shows before I can say that yes, it is true that having good monitors does definitely make a difference, but I can't accept that as being any part of an excuse.  Since I'm not a pro musician there have been plenty of times where I've had to play places with sub-par PA situations.  In those cases there are some notes that are a bit off but as far as a point of reference goes, if you've done something repetitiously enough times there are certain notes that you can feel in your chest/throat as you're pushing that you just know are spot on by the way they feel coming out of you even though you might not necessarily be able to hear them. 

For example, in another section on this forum I posted a thread with links to an STP tribute my band does on the side.  In those clips we're playing a place that doesn't have the best PA setup where they had to turn off the stage monitors due to feedback issues with my mic.  I know that throughout the set there were probably a few spots where I was a little flat but since I have repetitiously sung these songs in my life there are certain spots I can just feel in my chest/throat that I know are spot on and that's where I get my point of reference from.  I know at least a few of you have seen these said clips and I've gotten compliments so I couldn't have been that flat. My point is that if I'm an amateur and I can do it fairly spot on for the most part with no monitors then a pro like Scott should be able to sing a song that he's been singing for 21 years without monitors with no major issues.

To further back up my claim....  Here's a video of Scott where he sings just fine by 2012 standards.  Notice the first thing he does is he pulls out his RF in ear monitor.  You'll see it dangling on his shoulder.  He doesn't even need it.  He is a pro who has performed these songs countless times and he is fully capable of doing it without an in ear monitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5XzZCfBLVI

So Scott, Nick, the management, TMZ, CNN, or anyone else can tell me whatever they want but I'm not naive, I know what I'm seeing and if you ask me the main reason for this particular incident is definitely mixing booze and pills. Monitor trouble is just a side show. 

Thankfully it sounds like it's something that was just limited to this one performance and hopefully the guys in the band have gotten through to him that this is something he can't be doing if he wants people to pay to come see him still.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:08:10 PM by NickLorenza »

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2015, 02:12:14 PM »
With all this talk about monitors here's what I can say. 

As someone who has played numerous shows before I can say that yes, it is true that having good monitors does definitely make a difference, but I can't accept that as being any part of an excuse.  Since I'm not a pro musician there have been plenty of times where I've had to play places with sub-par PA situations.  In those cases there are some notes that are a bit off but as far as a point of reference goes, if you've done something repetitiously enough times there are certain notes that you can feel in your chest/throat as you're pushing that you just know are spot on by the way they feel coming out of you even though you might not necessarily be able to hear them. 

For example, in another section on this forum I posted a thread with links to an STP tribute my band does on the side.  In those clips we're playing a place that doesn't have the best PA setup where they had to turn off the stage monitors due to feedback issues with my mic.  I know that throughout the set there were probably a few spots where I was a little flat but since I have repetitiously sung these songs in my life there are certain spots I can just feel in my chest/throat that I know are spot on and that's where I get my point of reference from.  I know at least a few of you have seen these said clips and I've gotten compliments so I couldn't have been that flat. My point is that if I'm an amateur and I can do it fairly spot on for the most part with no monitors then a pro like Scott should be able to sing a song that he's been singing for 21 years without monitors with no major issues.

To further back up my claim....  Here's a video of Scott where he sings just fine by 2012 standards.  Notice the first thing he does is he pulls out his RF in ear monitor.  You'll see it dangling on his shoulder.  He doesn't even need it.  He is a pro who has performed these songs countless times and he is fully capable of doing it without an in ear monitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5XzZCfBLVI

So Scott, Nick, the management, TMZ, CNN, or anyone else can tell me whatever they want but I'm not naive, I know what I'm seeing and if you ask me the main reason for this particular incident is definitely mixing booze and pills. Monitor trouble is just a side show. 

Thankfully it sounds like it's something that was just limited to this one performance and hopefully the guys in the band have gotten through to him that this is something he can't be doing if he wants people to pay to come see him still.
As someone who also has done many a live show as a non-pro lead vocalist I can echo this comment.  Certainly monitors are a big help to ensure you are hitting your notes dead on, but you should be able to get pretty close even if you're singing blind... especially if you've been doing the song for 20+ years.  Scott is a pro and on his good days he can sing with the best of them, with or without monitors.  He's definitely on something here, I wont speculate as to what.  His actions (singing aside) make that plenty clear.  You could listen to that video on mute and know something is very wrong.  I truly hope he can fix whatever the issue is.  I pray for a 100% sober Scott again.  When he's sober, he's unstoppable. 

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2015, 04:43:22 PM »
This video has blown up, my bosses even asked me about it at work