October 01, 2024, 12:20:36 PM

Author Topic: 2015-04-28 - Corpus Christi, TX - Brewster Street Ice House  (Read 23217 times)

hahninator

• Pilot
  • Read between the lines...
    • View Profile
    • LPLive
Re: 2015-04-28 - Corpus Christi, TX - Brewster Street Ice House
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2015, 07:44:39 PM »
Is this legit? As a fan of QOTSA, I thought Castillo was very complementary but I never knew the story as to why he was booted.

http://www.alternativenation.net/story-behind-joey-castillos-departure-from-queens-of-the-stone-age-revealed/

But, as the album title mocks, everything kept on fucking up “like clockwork”. While Homme started to push, another band member began to pull. In the midst of recording, he ended up having to fire the band’s drummer of ten years, Castillo. Homme won’t say much about his departure, though Castillo has suggested in interviews that punishing tour schedules with both Queens of Eagles of Death Metal eventually took their toll.

Homme, meanwhile, hints that differences, musical or otherwise, forced them apart. “Friends are people who have parallel interests,” he says matter-of-factly, “and I gave up being upset when someone’s life takes a different direction long ago. It’s not a reflection of what I’m doing or what they’re doing, it’s just the way it is.”

Probably.

RhettButler

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2015, 08:01:36 PM »
Love how Alternative Nation takes credit for "breaking the story" about Scott's show:

http://www.alternativenation.net/scott-weiland-was-drinking-texas/

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2015, 08:04:37 PM »
As usual around here I think we're blowing things way out of proportion.  This is Scott we're talking about here.  There's a very delicate balance with him.  There are going to be episodes in this realm going forward and to expect anything different is just not sensible.  We all know these things.  Let's hope they are the exception and not the rule.  Not giving up on him and I'm not going to feel sorry for him either.  Sucks for him that social media magnifies his f'ups.  Seems like he's got some good people around him these days guiding him, ie apologies, starting on time, ect.  I trust the good will outweigh these episodes as it usually does.

Erik B.

• I'm just this guy, ya know?
  • Cardinal
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2015, 08:16:39 PM »
I didn't read through all these posts, so I'm sorry if I repeat something that's already been said.

I watched the Vasoline video, and part of Crackerman. That's all I could handle.

Here's my take: if he's not on drugs, then he's just entered a phase of 100% not giving a shit. These songs... these STP songs that he's fucking around with are the songs that made him who he is today, one way or another. You may not be friendly with the guys you made the music with, but have some goddamn respect toward the music itself, and to the fans who came to hear it. If you care so little about your past, then fuck it. Don't play that music and just play your new album and your solo shit.

FUCK.

This just pisses me off.

Sorry.

Back to lurking.
Sometimes you just have to step back, put things in perspective, and think, "Well, at least I can l look forward to hell."

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2015, 08:22:26 PM »
Dam this shit is getting everywhere. People are even discussing it on random football msg boards I frequent.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2015, 08:36:25 PM »
Re: Joey, I know he had his problems in the past, but I was under the impression he had cleaned up considerably. Who knows, though.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2015, 08:53:11 PM »
Love how Alternative Nation takes credit for "breaking the story" about Scott's show:

Haha that's hilarious! They seem to be getting a lot of their 'breaking news' directly from this forum lately! They even copied and pasted one of my posts regarding Richard's Patrick's comments on Facebook, word for word and never gave this site credit as the source.
I should start a music website and then fish around OTHER music websites looking for news to post, easy money!!
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

RhettButler

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2015, 09:03:57 PM »

Haha that's hilarious! They seem to be getting a lot of their 'breaking news' directly from this forum lately! They even copied and pasted one of my posts regarding Richard's Patrick's comments on Facebook, word for word and never gave this site credit as the source.
I should start a music website and then fish around OTHER music websites looking for news to post, easy money!!

I really like Alternative Nation, but it is kind of amateurish.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2015, 09:09:06 PM »
According to Facebook, Scott Weiland is trending. "Scott Weiland Butchers 'Vasoline' Swears No Drugs Involved"

littlelamb222

• my love is cool
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2015, 09:12:03 PM »
yikes, i watched vasoline and i couldnt make through the whole thing.
its terrible about the jeremy thing, so sad, but nick from mink thats cool! (i know a little late)
also did anyone happen to see that joeys drums have the Q from queens? maybe it wasnt that but it looked pretty similar to me

"Where did Mary go... fluffy pillows... she swam away..." Ah shit!

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2015, 09:35:31 PM »
yikes, i watched vasoline and i couldnt make through the whole thing.
its terrible about the jeremy thing, so sad, but nick from mink thats cool! (i know a little late)
also did anyone happen to see that joeys drums have the Q from queens? maybe it wasnt that but it looked pretty similar to me

I thought the same thing but it turns out it's an actual drum brand in LA.
http://qdrumco.com/
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:37:54 PM by Drew06 »

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2015, 10:00:53 PM »
Anybody else think that Nick is better suited for the STP songs? He has a way better heavy tone than Jeremy.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2015, 10:01:23 PM »

I really like Alternative Nation, but it is kind of amateurish.

I visit the site because it is a good place to find all the recent news for the bands I like but I look at it as more of a 'fan site' than anything that jusr rounds up all the recent story's from other sites and puts them all in one convenient place, which I appreciate as it saves me the time of searching all around the Internet for it. It's just funny when they claim to break story's that they have blatantly picked up somewhere else!
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

CoreurpletinyNo4ShangriY

• I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES! I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES!
  • Pilot
  • I know the questions but I lost the answers
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2015, 10:03:25 PM »
I'm so confused by the great sounding show the day after this one... Only time will tell what goes on with Scott.
Also I do agree that Nick is KILLING the songs. I am so impressed.
STP Shows: 9/5/10 - 7/26/11 - 8/6/11 - 9/10/11 - 8/24/12
STP with Chester: 9/6/13 - 4/25/15
Weiland Shows: 11/28/12 - 3/12/13 - 8/14/13 - 9/14/14
- 3/10/15 - 11/28/15

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2015, 10:11:43 PM »
Going to be interesting to see how tonight plays out.

Why the hell is Scott playing 3 shows in a row and 4 shows in 5 nights this point of his career?