October 01, 2024, 02:33:23 PM

Author Topic: 2015-04-28 - Corpus Christi, TX - Brewster Street Ice House  (Read 23231 times)

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: 2015-04-28 - Corpus Christi, TX - Brewster Street Ice House
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2015, 03:10:37 PM »
Man.... He looks like a zombie. I'm sorry  - but I don't buy the monitor excuse.
If he can't get clean for his kids, what makes anyone think he'll get clean for fans? The guy is a mess.
Werd to Big Berd!

CoreurpletinyNo4ShangriY

• I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES! I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES!
  • Pilot
  • I know the questions but I lost the answers
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2015, 03:58:45 PM »
I don't know what's going on in the mans life, I have no place to say what is going on in the mans life, but I really hope for the best. I am sadly seeing one of my idols slip away. I've been observing since 2 years ago, I've seen him 4 times and each show Scott looked progressively worse. His singing in these videos may have been affected by the monitors, but the skeleton-like movements and even sheer emotionless face show much more. You could say that Nick is telling the truth, but it seems like there is so much more going on. I've been depressed so I know how it feels to freeze up and act almost out of tune with the world, and Scott has been acting like this for months it seems, including when I saw him in NY in March. I dont necessarily think he is back on drugs but it appears as if he is evaluating himself and finally realizing who Scott Weiland has become. Hes seeing press and shitty album sales and low ticket sales and negative media press, he probably regrets the shit out of offending his fans at meet and greets, and probably ultimately realizes why he is at this point in his life. This is all speculation, like I said!
STP Shows: 9/5/10 - 7/26/11 - 8/6/11 - 9/10/11 - 8/24/12
STP with Chester: 9/6/13 - 4/25/15
Weiland Shows: 11/28/12 - 3/12/13 - 8/14/13 - 9/14/14
- 3/10/15 - 11/28/15

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2015, 04:34:47 PM »
This article is a snap shot of what Scott was up to during the S/T days. Robert's quote may explain it all. Sadly, things haven't seemed to change much since.

http://www.spin.com/2010/06/stone-temple-pilots-scott-weiland-reunited-thriving-june-2010-cover-story/
Werd to Big Berd!

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2015, 04:39:53 PM »
Nick Maybury
Thank you Cassandra-lee..
Hey Marcelo we sincerely appreciate your concern for Scott and you sound like you truly care but please if your a true fan of Scott we need your compassion and support and understanding - the actual dead on truth is - he had a bad RF problem in his in ear monitor mix - it was out of his hands - poor guy was in the woods THE WHOLE gig - cutting in and out constantly - can you imagine the stress and anxiety that caused him?? if you go watch back on the live footage youl see tht he actually leaned right over into the monitor world and was trying to fix the mix with monitors all night - he was shaking his head and giving hand signals the whole set .. He sang and performed like the genius he is tonite in Houston - it was night and day.. any business takes work you rectify problems as you go and the problem was fixed tonite - we sincerely apologize you felt this for that show sorry it was an off night - I know how bad it was cause I had the dodgy RF in my in ear pack for the Birmingham Alabama show - it's a lot easier playin loud guitar with out monitors - as a singer you rely on monitors playing in a loud rock band - forgive Scott and his monitor guy who had to deal with this on the gig during the show - we apologize you had to experience an unfortunate technical difficulty - please don't project stuff that isn't true - we love you and look forward to having a better gig next time. peace NM

Welp, this is no good. His own band members are enabling him. I'm sure Nick is a good guy, and probably just doesn't want to step on his new band member's/boss's/meal ticket's toes, but if you are buying this excuse as the reason why he looked and acted like he did, you are in some serious state of denial. It's possible they did experience sound issues that night, but it does not come CLOSE to fully explaining what we see on those videos.

I believe Scott when he says he hasn't had a needle in his arm in 13 years, but for anyone who has ever mixed pills and booze, or witnessed a friend who has, it is very clear what is going on here.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2015, 05:30:51 PM »
some freinds of mine were trying to get me to come down to this show with them they were hyped up for a month about this show. they were texting me videos and stuff but they were very dissapointed and left early. They were under the imprission he was wasted. very sad

Unglued

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2015, 05:31:43 PM »
Scott Weiland will always be one of my top three favorite front men.

This was hard to watch.  Nothing said here will likely help solve his problems. 

I just hope he can solve whatever he's going through.

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2015, 05:34:21 PM »
I don't think anyone is arguing that some monitor issues could make it very hard to perform.  Just like when STP first reunited and he was botching lyrics, I would expect him to move around a bit and try to improvise.  Or if all else fails, abort the song.
But I wouldn't expect the result as a person barely moving an inch, an emotionally void look on his face and a little more than monotone mumbling (I wouldn't call it singing) into the mic, and flubbing 1/3 of the BRAND NEW SINGLE.

My honest reaction watching the video (before reading comments) was that he was so completely off and started fussing around with the monitors more as a cover-up.
These guys are professionals.  Am I supposed to believe that they wouldn't try to figure some monitor shit BEFORE carrying on to the next song?  Or hell, maybe even acknowledge it to the crowd, instead of pushing forward with an absolute horror of a performance?

Who knows what's up, depression, anxiety, drugs, alcohol, meds, whatever.  But something is clearly up.  Just because he's been good many days and rebounded the next show doesn't necessarily make it case closed.

And seriously, are people really suggesting to forgive a full performance like this because its "par for the course" on a per tour basis?!?  So you want a full audience to look at it and go "Eh, that's par for the course, oh well so much for my $50"

Besides being scared for Scott, I would be absolutely FURIOUS if this was how MY show turned out.  I know it's a risk we take, understanding the performance won't be "classic Scott" or that he might not go on until 10pm.  But we shouldn't be so dismissive of this performance JUST because it happens 2 or 3 out of every 20 shows......   I'm pretty sure that is EXACTLY the point Richard Patrick was initially trying to make (even if it was sticking his nose where it didn't belong).

Like everyone else, I just wish the best for Scott.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

RhettButler

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2015, 05:34:50 PM »
Well, he sounded good the next night, so maybe he was just having and off night. If there is a pattern of this kind of performance, that's different.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2015, 06:58:47 PM »
What people don't seem to realise, and this is something everybody who has had a habit or has had serious experience with an addict knows, is that you don't just get off heroin and everything's fine.

There's no middle ground with these people, they are either committed to sobriety, or their lives are a swirling hot mess. If Scott drinks, which we know he does, then he has big problems. Period. once you've lost control and had a heroin addiction, there is no going back.

Maybe he can keep it from wrecking his shows for 90% of a tour, but that is hardly the point.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:03:01 PM by Pingfah »

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2015, 07:20:55 PM »
This is incredibly sad to watch.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2015, 07:23:28 PM »
What people don't seem to realise, and this is something everybody who has had a habit or has had serious experience with an addict knows, is that you don't just get off heroin and everything's fine.

There's no middle ground with these people, they are either committed to sobriety, or their lives are a swirling hot mess. If Scott drinks, which we know he does, then he has big problems. Period. once you've lost control and had a heroin addiction, there is no going back.

Maybe he can keep it from wrecking his shows for 90% of a tour, but that is hardly the point.

+1. Some people seem to think "oh well he lived through this one and seemed ok the next night so he's fine now". That couldn't be further from the case. The guy is playing russian roulette with his body every single night he goes out there, and if he doesn't get healthy it's only a matter of time till we see this happen again, or worse.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

hahninator

• Pilot
  • Read between the lines...
    • View Profile
    • LPLive
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2015, 07:27:54 PM »
Cassandra-lee Rowe
That's sad to read this. I'll have you know it was technical difficulties that screwed up his ability to perform. Not drugs. Not anything. A simple malfunction from his ear piece.

Nick Maybury
Thank you Cassandra-lee..
Hey Marcelo we sincerely appreciate your concern for Scott and you sound like you truly care but please if your a true fan of Scott we need your compassion and support and understanding - the actual dead on truth is - he had a bad RF problem in his in ear monitor mix - it was out of his hands - poor guy was in the woods THE WHOLE gig - cutting in and out constantly - can you imagine the stress and anxiety that caused him?? if you go watch back on the live footage youl see tht he actually leaned right over into the monitor world and was trying to fix the mix with monitors all night - he was shaking his head and giving hand signals the whole set .. He sang and performed like the genius he is tonite in Houston - it was night and day.. any business takes work you rectify problems as you go and the problem was fixed tonite - we sincerely apologize you felt this for that show sorry it was an off night - I know how bad it was cause I had the dodgy RF in my in ear pack for the Birmingham Alabama show - it's a lot easier playin loud guitar with out monitors - as a singer you rely on monitors playing in a loud rock band - forgive Scott and his monitor guy who had to deal with this on the gig during the show - we apologize you had to experience an unfortunate technical difficulty - please don't project stuff that isn't true - we love you and look forward to having a better gig next time. peace NM

Wow, now this is the biggest nonsense I have ever heard. Sure, a bad mix can fuck with anyone, it downright pisses singers off. Some bands completely stop shows for it, I've seen it several times. But Scott's movements, actions, and general appearance solidify that that's simply not the entire story. He's clearly on some sort of drugs here and if you deny that, that makes me question your intelligence. The Boston M&G stuff where someone said Scott was on drugs...I bet that wasn't false either. It blew up into bad PR for him, but here you are again with the same type of thing.

Watch him walk off stage after Dead & Bloated. He almost falls over.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2015, 07:32:29 PM »
Nick Maybury has commented on more posts on Facebook in the same thread (The Duff one) -

Adam Casto
RF problems don't really explain how out of it and enfeebled he moved. Watch the intro to unglued on youtube..the dude couldn't even get his jacket off and on. Really sad.
I've been a fan of Scott since early core, through the ups and downs and this was the worst show I've ever seen him play.

Nick Maybury
Wen you can't hear yourself you can't vibe that effects your whole performance - Houston was a different scene all together "the Scott you know" was out in Houston That's for sure brother Adam

Marcelo Rangel
Thanks Cassandra and Nick, that puts my mind at ease. I got nothing but admiration for Scott's talent. By the way, when I mentioned he was high I meant on meds, as I believe him when he said recently that he haven't used hard drugs in a long time. I've been a fan for 17 years and I bought 12 Bar Blues before owning any STP album.

Nick Maybury
Thanks brother Hopefully we'l get to meet you on tour in Australia later in the year my friend - you should've seen how amazing the show was last night with no technically difficulties !!! Was next level.
----------

Nick seems like a cool guy and he is a great player too but I still think it was a mix of anxiety meds and alcohol myself, that better explains his behaviour than 'technical difficulties'. He probably WAS having sound issues too though which would only make his anxiety worse :/
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2015, 07:32:53 PM »
He did the Irish Good Bye after Dead & Bloated.
Werd to Big Berd!

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2015, 07:41:07 PM »
...as opppsed to being surrounded by junkies like Joey C. On tour? Josh Home fired him for drug usage.

Is this legit? As a fan of QOTSA, I thought Castillo was very complementary but I never knew the story as to why he was booted.

It's all conjecture, but it's probably not a hunky dory situation to be around. We don't know how Jeremy died. Scott clearly is not clean (add depression and lackluster success to the equation...and if Joey uses...

I can totally see this as difficult for any addictive personality to be around. Then again, as evidenced by the video (and his past), he doesn't really need someone else to find himself in trouble.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19