October 01, 2024, 12:37:25 PM

Author Topic: 2015-04-28 - Corpus Christi, TX - Brewster Street Ice House  (Read 23225 times)

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: 2015-04-28 - Corpus Christi, TX - Brewster Street Ice House
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2015, 06:21:35 AM »
Oh well I was under the impression that josh kicked him out for hard drugs, could be wrong.

IdahoSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2015, 06:24:16 AM »
Nick Maybury posted on Facebook that tonight at Warehouse Live was an excellent show! 

Ajax11

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2015, 07:19:52 AM »
Band sounds pretty good, but I've heard better singing during karaoke at a dive bar at 1am.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2015, 07:29:24 AM »
Scott's wasted, no doubt. He couldn't put a jacket on with help. He likely also had monitor trouble. In a typical situation, that would have resulted in not the best performance. But many of these songs Scott has been regularly performing in the same key for over 20 years. I'm not pro, but I had an okay band, and I have been playing a long time. There were many less than stellar stage conditions over the years, but if you have played something long enough, practice shines through. We also played our share of shows with shit monitors (or not at all) and you play through it.

Scott should never have sounded that bad on Vasoline just based upon monitor issues.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2015, 08:14:06 AM »
he might be having problems hearing himself due to the monitors, or he was so wasted that he actually couldn't hear properly.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2015, 08:24:29 AM »
Scott is on quaaludes from what some sparrows are telling me.   That with alcohol is a horrible combination.

When he was on heroin he was never this bad.

Message his manager on Facebook with messages of support / concern and let's see what happens.

This might be a good idea and something all of us can do.  Link his manager's profile and lets send our concerns.

Edit:  I think this is it https://www.facebook.com/lucaskeller?fref=ts
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:41:46 AM by Lazy Divey »

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2015, 09:32:50 AM »
Yes he looks horrible.  But for a while now there's been 1 or 2 bad shows a tour.  This is just par for the course unfortunately.  The next day in Houston he sounded and looked great judging by the videos.  Where's the AltNation story on that?  Where's Richard Patrick tweeting those videos out?

We all know he's bipolar.  Yes, it looks like in Corpus Christi he's drunk mixed with some kind of medication.  Yes, it doesn't look good.  But this is just 1 or 2 shows a tour.  If it was happening all the time, sure I see the problem.  But why not focus on his good shows which are by far the majority?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:43:29 AM by Jim The Stimulator »
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2015, 09:35:48 AM »
I literally came here to post that his behaviour looks EXACTLY like how I was when I mixed alcohol with tranquillisers I was taking for anxiety and panic attacks a couple years back. I see people have already made the connection that Scott suffers from these issues and will be medicated for them, he said he feels particularly anxious before shows too so my guess is that before this one he was already drunk and then also took some tranquillisers to calm himself down. The combination of the 2 puts you in a zombie like state, just like this. He will also be on separate medication for his bi polar disorder don't forget, all these meds mixed with large amounts of booze and a depressed mind state would make him look, act and sound like this.

Of course this is all speculation on my part but I am speaking about my own personal experiences of mixing prescription drugs with alcohol and the effects it can have on you. What I'm trying to say is, in terms of his health (physical, not mental) this could look like something a lot worse than what it is so let's stop with all the death talk!

I think because of Scott's past with heroin a lot of people (including Richard Patrick) automatically assume he's using again. Whils nothing can be ruled out, ask yourself, did he EVER sound this bad when he was loaded on heroin?? Did he act like this?? No, he was a great performer back then so that's why I'm going with the alcohol/prescription theory. Plus he sounded fine a couple of nights ago at the other gig so it seems like these sort of zombie/drunken shows are isolated which again backs up my theory.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2015, 12:15:16 PM »
My ex was on some sort of bi-polar meds last time I saw her, and she had a drink and zonked out right in front of me. Literally just drifted away mid sentence and became completely unresponsive.

Not unconscious, just completely... gone. Took all of 30 seconds to go from quite normal to zombie. 

maro

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • all in the pajama that you wear
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2015, 12:21:19 PM »

Someone commented on Duff's FB and Nick replied.

https://www.facebook.com/duffmckagan/videos/vb.267075453309609/1075251145825365/

Marcelo Rangel
Hi Duff, please reach out to Scott Weiland man, he really needs you now. He did a gig yesterday and he was clearly high out of his mind. I am very afraid for his health and even for his life.

Cassandra-lee Rowe
That's sad to read this. I'll have you know it was technical difficulties that screwed up his ability to perform. Not drugs. Not anything. A simple malfunction from his ear piece.

Nick Maybury
Thank you Cassandra-lee..
Hey Marcelo we sincerely appreciate your concern for Scott and you sound like you truly care but please if your a true fan of Scott we need your compassion and support and understanding - the actual dead on truth is - he had a bad RF problem in his in ear monitor mix - it was out of his hands - poor guy was in the woods THE WHOLE gig - cutting in and out constantly - can you imagine the stress and anxiety that caused him?? if you go watch back on the live footage youl see tht he actually leaned right over into the monitor world and was trying to fix the mix with monitors all night - he was shaking his head and giving hand signals the whole set .. He sang and performed like the genius he is tonite in Houston - it was night and day.. any business takes work you rectify problems as you go and the problem was fixed tonite - we sincerely apologize you felt this for that show sorry it was an off night - I know how bad it was cause I had the dodgy RF in my in ear pack for the Birmingham Alabama show - it's a lot easier playin loud guitar with out monitors - as a singer you rely on monitors playing in a loud rock band - forgive Scott and his monitor guy who had to deal with this on the gig during the show - we apologize you had to experience an unfortunate technical difficulty - please don't project stuff that isn't true - we love you and look forward to having a better gig next time. peace NM

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2015, 12:44:29 PM »
Well things certainly got blown out of proportion once again.  Yes, I feel bad for those that were at this show.  But he's obviously not addicted to drugs again or anything.  If he was this would be affecting all his shows.  Not just one out of the so many good shows he's done for the past year.  It was probably a combination of the ear monitors and his meds (possibly anti-anxiety) mixing badly with something.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2015, 12:49:45 PM »
RF problems don't really explain his slow movements and having to have a stage hand help you put on a coat....that you were trying to take off then put back on for some reason.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2015, 12:53:58 PM »
RF problems don't really explain his slow movements and having to have a stage hand help you put on a coat....that you were trying to take off then put back on for some reason.

Well, if you have a problem with anxiety and here there are major technical problems happening, I can see this being a panic attack and him not thinking clearly.  However, I can also see this being meds mixed with alcohol.  But the latter is obviously not a problem unless this happened much more regularly than just one random show.  And is it just a coincidence that his ear monitors weren't working properly?  I don't really believe in coincidences.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2015, 02:33:20 PM »
That did not look good. Sounds like a combo of bad circumstances.  Let's hope he can bounce back.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »
He was fine at Houston the next night it seems.