October 01, 2024, 04:45:00 PM

Author Topic: 2015-04-28 - Corpus Christi, TX - Brewster Street Ice House  (Read 23240 times)

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2015-04-28 - Corpus Christi, TX - Brewster Street Ice House
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 04:08:15 AM »
Either he retires to his family or he dies in the next two years, simple as that.
Fuck off, what an asshole thing to say

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 04:09:51 AM »
Dude, is this a sick joke?
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 04:10:09 AM »
Check out Crackerman...first song of the night. By the second line of the song, at the 1:25 mark, he knows something is wrong and moves toward the sound man (he's in the window next to Nick). At 1:50 Scott raises his thumb up while looking at the sound man, he wants the monitor to be louder. Starting at the 2 minute mark, Nick is talking to the soundman, and then Tommy makes an 'up' gesture twice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c0dgzGEp2XE

The monitors are fucked. Everything sounds fine out front (in terms of sound, not the notes that Scott is hitting) but the sound on the stage is all wrong. I don't think Scott can hear himself at all.

While that may be the case, he is clearly fucked up/depressed or something is not right.  i'm never one to assume things like that, but he's in terrible shape here..
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 04:10:21 AM »
.....and yes, the sound system MAY INDEED be fucked up there and Scott might not be hearing himself well.  This guy is a pro though and even without an adequate sound system I bet he wouldn't be singing THAT off.  Even if you were to watch it without the sound you can tell something else is clearly wrong.  He's obviously on some kind of a downer.  Again, I'm guessing really drunk.

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 04:12:17 AM »
Check out Crackerman...first song of the night. Starting at the 2 minute mark, Nick is talking to the soundman, and then Tommy makes an 'up' gesture twice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c0dgzGEp2XE

The monitors are fucked. Everything sounds fine out front (in terms of sound, not the notes that Scott is hitting) but the sound on the stage is all wrong. I don't think Scott can hear himself at all.

Come on, dude. Do you honestly believe this? He's on another planet

Slither, I'm far from an apologist for Scott. And yes, he looks glazed and slow. But I've been in this situation before. Not the glazed and slow part ( ok, maybe occasionally) but I've been onstage when the monitors were fucked. Because you can't hear yourself, you have no point of reference- you don't know if you're flat, sharp, or in tune.

PigsinZen

• Hickory Dichotomy
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Superman with Silvergun
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 04:12:43 AM »
The sound is messed up, the band signals for monitors to be turned up, Scott even walks over at the end. He definietely can't hear himself. That being said, he is definitely either medicated or intoxicated because he does not have it together mentally. This is so sad to watch. I wish the best for Scott, and I hope he is better at Rock on the Range when I see him next month. He was great in Boston. Above everything else, I hope Scott gets his health together, I couldn't stand to see a headline stating that he died.

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 04:17:51 AM »
I don't care how bad the soundboard operator was...something VERY, VERY wrong is going on. That was TH worst performance I have ever seen. Reminded me of Jim Morrison in his final year. No way I could have sat through that concert. NO WAY!
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 04:18:09 AM »
His singing or sound was the last thing that bothered me about the videos. Doesn't matter if he can hear himself or not. There's a ton of other much more worrying stuff. Jesus Christ.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2015, 04:19:39 AM »
Either he retires to his family or he dies in the next two years, simple as that.

Sure, okay. I'm out. This thread, site, and community is downright fucked and a complete joke. Got too much going on right now where I don't wanna contribute to the demise of my favorite musician ever.

TAKE A MOMENT AND FUCKING LOOK AT HIM.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2015, 04:21:45 AM »

Sure, okay. I'm out. This thread, site, and community is downright fucked and a complete joke. Got too much going on right now where I don't wanna contribute to the demise of my favorite musician ever.

Yeah, he looks loaded. But to be saying that he's gonna die is just not cool. I don't know where you think you get off making statements like that. 

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 04:22:01 AM »
The monitors are terrible..  But Scott is fucking GONE.  I don't understand why some of you choose to be in denial on this. Nonetheless, he's been marvelous on some of his performances lately, but Jeremy's death plus this  hint at something terrible in his mental state. A lot of people's comments on Jeremy's death articles claim things like "You must be a junkie if you play with Scott Weiland"..  Well,  shit like this doesn't help it.
If you only knew..

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2015, 04:22:40 AM »

And even if you are right it's just a fucked up thing to say

PigsinZen

• Hickory Dichotomy
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Superman with Silvergun
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2015, 04:24:29 AM »
I actually took the time to look through all the videos just to see how bad it actually was. Needless to say, Its pretty bad. I just hope that this isn't the end we are witnessing. Vasoline was the worst I saw, but the way that he took of his jacket in Unglued and then went back to put it on the riser, and then he put it back on and needed assistance for almost a whole minute...its simply uncomfortable. The rest of the band looks to be having a great time and kudos to them for being pros. Like I said, it could be depression mixed with meds and alcohol. It is so unfortunate.

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2015, 04:25:05 AM »

Yeah, well the truth is hard sometimes. He's not gonna make it if he continues stringing himself up on stage every night. I say that with love.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2015, 04:28:01 AM »

Yeah, well the truth is hard sometimes. He's not gonna make it if he continues stringing himself up on stage every night. I say that with love.
People have been saying that for a while now, I just could never be bold enough to make statements like that. I think it's very inappropriate