September 19, 2024, 07:36:06 PM

Author Topic: Scott in his heyday  (Read 2681 times)

Huckleberry

• Ground Personnel
  • Wish you were here....
    • View Profile
Scott in his heyday
« on: April 25, 2015, 11:48:59 PM »
Stumbled on this one on youtube...Weiland & Cindy Lauper 'Barbarella'. Scott in his prime! VR still on, no sign of drugs/too much alcohol, spot on singing and participating. Beautifull! 100% coolness.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott in his heyday
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 05:43:19 AM »
Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibQMdYqK2k4

I stumbled on this before when I was looking for a different Barbarella performance. This one is very cool though; I love the arrangement, and Cyndi Lauper did a great job too of capturing the song's and Scott's vibe.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 07:56:19 AM »
The only bad part about that Barbarella performance is that sad guitar solo by Grean.....
Bleeda blooda

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 08:30:53 AM »
You know, the funny thing is that at the time this performance took place it already seemed like Scott went all downhill and his heyday is gone.  Same with "The Last Fight" video posted by Andrew on some other thread. I remember thinking "God, what happened to Scott. He looks and sounds bad" back then.
Kinda sad it seems like his heyday in comparison to current times.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 02:52:54 PM »
I think this might be from the same show where a bunch of singers including Scott perform "Time After Time" with her.  For that performance I want to say Scott is sitting in a chair. 

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 04:50:22 PM »
Always loved this performance.  The best I've ever seen of Barbarella.  Just goes to show you with Scott and some great backing, rehearsal how cool it comes out.  Don't know much about Cyndi Lauper but she was an awesome compliment w/ Scott on this song.  Really really well done.  Love his show w/ the Doors, too. 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:53:50 PM by Chris Pepper »

jimmy j

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 12:13:40 AM »
I remember seeing this performance when it first aired and was blown away by how good Scott sounded that night. I think this performance was an exception, not a typical example of his abilities at that point in time. But what an exception!!

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 08:42:06 AM »
I remember seeing this performance when it first aired and was blown away by how good Scott sounded that night. I think this performance was an exception, not a typical example of his abilities at that point in time. But what an exception!!

I'm willing to bet this performance, along with pretty much any other "made for TV" performance is doctored/rerecorded in the studio after the live shows.

You can see him moving the mic around, but for some reason his voice doesn't get softer then louder then softer again.....

Still a great performance. Scott really can put on a show, acting a fool singing flailing all errywhere, or just standing in front of the mic focusing on the vocals.
Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 09:01:21 AM »
wrong
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:25:45 AM by andrew »
Bleeda blooda

andrew