September 21, 2024, 04:06:55 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland Twitter account Tour News  (Read 7834 times)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland Twitter account Tour News
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 08:32:56 AM »
I'd never pay to meet anyone either, and I've met loads of people when I was younger by hanging out. Scott Ian, Steven Tyler, Steve Vai, Roger Taylor and a lot more although I can no longer be bothered to hang around for long either.

But I am wondering in this age of Meet & Greets, whether bands consciously avoid this kind of thing now so as not to devalue the M&G packages?

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 02:07:40 PM »
I'd never pay to meet anyone either, and I've met loads of people when I was younger by hanging out. Scott Ian, Steven Tyler, Steve Vai, Roger Taylor and a lot more although I can no longer be bothered to hang around for long either.

But I am wondering in this age of Meet & Greets, whether bands consciously avoid this kind of thing now so as not to devalue the M&G packages?

I guess it depends on the band...for instance, I paid for m&g with Halestorm and Epica, and I met them both during the m&g and also at their hotel (without paying of course) and they were really nice in both instances. They probably know that not all of their fans can afford to pay for a m&g. Also, both their m&g included more than just meeting the band, the Halestorm one came with a poster, a laminate and early admission, the Epica one (more expensive) came with a T-shirt, a baseball cap, a flag, a laminate, a poster and early admission. So they were worth paying for.
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

BillMurraylovesSTP

• Im streets ahead
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 04:29:23 PM »
Since he is touring, who's the new Guitarist that should have been announced by now right?
follow me on
@Jrlthinks on instagram
@lakethinks twitter

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 05:42:10 PM »
Since he is touring, who's the new Guitarist that should have been announced by now right?
Don't they have a Pledgemusic show tomorrow? Surely they will have to announce something today.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 06:47:58 PM »
Don't they have a Pledgemusic show tomorrow? Surely they will have to announce something today.

Tommy Black posted on his facebook that they had a new guitar player a couple of days ago, but he didn't say who it was and no official announcement has been made yet.
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 08:02:45 PM »

Tommy Black posted on his facebook that they had a new guitar player a couple of days ago, but he didn't say who it was and no official announcement has been made yet.

It also appears that he deleted that post since then, or at least I couldnt find it last night...

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 08:14:51 PM »

It also appears that he deleted that post since then, or at least I couldnt find it last night...

As is the usual for SW, we won't know thill they show up (or don't)
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 08:49:31 PM »

As is the usual for SW, we won't know thill they show up (or don't)

Wonder if Joey swung his old QOTSA buddy Troy Von Leeuwen. Too good to be true?
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2015, 10:18:22 PM »
I just saw this posted on Pledge Music regarding tomorrow's show:

Very sorry for the short notice, but we have been advised that this event has been postponed and will not be occurring tomorrow night.
Scott's team is looking to reschedule and we will let you know as soon as we have more details.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 04:08:28 AM »
I've come to terms with the concept that Scott is a great musical artist but not someone I'd want to hang out with.
Yeah, I need to do that, too. My problem is that I love his music so much that I've created this big fantasy in my mind that he's this really cool person. I mean, if he can write music that speaks to my very soul, he must be someone I could relate to and hang with, right?

Wrong.

Funny, I've been to meet-and-greets with other artists I admire, and they really don't have to do much at all to support that fantasy of mine. A smile, a wink, a handshake, a "thank you" -- that's all it takes to keep me going. Are they pretending? Maybe. Probably. But it really doesn't matter. I walk away happy, with my fantasy intact.

Life put me in front of Scott three times (one of them a free M&G), and he was always polite and occasionally very sweet. I did walk away happy.

So, DON'T GIVE UP! (:D Kidding, do what you please, but you should know is up to personal experience and the kind of day Scott is having)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2015, 03:24:35 AM »
Noticed Scotts been using his social media accounts regularly lately, its good to seen. He even posted a PIC on ista. dedicated to the Paris shootings
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2015, 10:09:49 AM »
Yeah I noticed that too.  I'm curious how much of it is really him as opposed to assistant/management. 

Either way, Scott and/or STP have always missed the boat with social media.  Hopefully this is a new plan, rather than just a few timely postings that piggy back the recent STP news.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 09:23:31 PM »
It's possible Tommy Black is rubbing off on him. He posts all kinds of stuff.