September 21, 2024, 05:37:03 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland Twitter account Tour News  (Read 7835 times)

BillMurraylovesSTP

• Im streets ahead
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Scott Weiland Twitter account Tour News
« on: April 15, 2015, 02:10:29 AM »
@thescottweiland: Come out and meet me and the Wildabouts on tour! Limited number of VIP Packages available here: http://t.co/Im8Ak9dhdb!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 02:14:06 AM by BillMurraylovesSTP »
follow me on
@Jrlthinks on instagram
@lakethinks twitter

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland Twitter account Tour News
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 02:25:53 AM »

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 08:35:36 AM »
We all know he hates doing them. Paying him a lot of money just to say hello would be almost mean really.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 09:29:34 AM »
Were they doing the t-shirts last time around, or is somebody out there listening? If they can get Scott to be cordial and take 30 seconds or a minute or so to interact with each person that pays for this, it's ALMOST worth it....

They should still provide a table with sodas, some chips, or carrots and celery with ranch dressing. Or something like that. Just some kind of little snack thing for the people. It wouldn't cost that much, and it would help insure Scott & everybody else at the meet & greets are in a good mood. Y'all know how cranky people always get when they're hungry. Maybe some Snickers bars.....

Wouldn't cost much to provide that little service to the people who pay this kind of money. Especially when maybe they have to forgo a meal before, during, or after the show because they spent over 100 bucks on meeting Scott.

And I hope the bad publicity from the last round of meet & greets doesn't cause too many people to not go to this round.
Bleeda blooda

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 03:03:49 PM »
Not sure why Scott's management would even consider this, yet they must have Scott's consent. I'm guessing it's the only way to turn a profit on the tour.

Why would anyone pay to meet Scott, knowing that he hates doing meet n greets? He made it very clear that he couldn't stand to be in the presence of his fans - not just in Boston, but in Chicago and Orlando too, according to posts from B/E members.

So you pay $75 and what? Scott pretends he doesn't hate you? How sad for everyone involved.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 03:07:39 PM »
The May 7 Toronto gig is not on that list. I wonder what the difference is.

I've been checking on it frequently to be sure the show is still even on. No announcements, so that's good.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 03:32:56 PM »
So you pay $75 and what? Scott pretends he doesn't hate you? How sad for everyone involved.
No, he won't even bother to pretend. He'll make it very clear that he hates you.

Not that being treated that way by your idol could ever feel good (it can't), but now it's even worse after he issued that lame-ass apology. Before that, we might've been able to say, "well, he's a badass rockstar, what can we expect?" But now? According to him, he only acted that way because he was "soooo tired after performing a 14-song set." Does he really expect to be any less tired this time around?

Someone really needs to pull the plug on these meet-and-greets. The guy is just plain miserable, and it's a really bad idea to subject paying fans to that.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 03:36:38 PM »
Yeah this seems like a bad idea after recent events. But I guess as long as people are stupid enough to pay for it, Scott will keep taking their money.

I've come to terms with the concept that Scott is a great musical artist but not someone I'd want to hang out with.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 04:00:33 PM »
I've come to terms with the concept that Scott is a great musical artist but not someone I'd want to hang out with.
Yeah, I need to do that, too. My problem is that I love his music so much that I've created this big fantasy in my mind that he's this really cool person. I mean, if he can write music that speaks to my very soul, he must be someone I could relate to and hang with, right?

Wrong.

Funny, I've been to meet-and-greets with other artists I admire, and they really don't have to do much at all to support that fantasy of mine. A smile, a wink, a handshake, a "thank you" -- that's all it takes to keep me going. Are they pretending? Maybe. Probably. But it really doesn't matter. I walk away happy, with my fantasy intact.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 05:32:27 PM »

Hit the nail on the head.

Everybody acts like they are close friends with Scott and the DeLeos and let the drama affect their lives. When I was younger, I felt like the band was like distant family just based on the connection I made with their music, but you get to a point where you have to grow out of that. At the end of the day, it's about the music. I could care less about the artist's personal life (unless they're pedophiles or murderers), because I don't know them, I'm not friends with, and realistically I'll never become friends with them.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 06:18:12 PM »

I agree. And not to compare with Axl Rose [again] but the constant bad-mouthing of that guy always made me feel like "hey I like the music, that's all I care about."
I understand the frustration of making an audience wait forever to come on stage. So don't go to the show, but it doesn't change the fact that I enjoy the songs they write.

Up until recently, all these meet and greets were something unattainable. Back in the day, the likelihood of meeting your favorite bands was slim to none, especially on the superstar level. Now, fans have a sense of entitlement and because sales are down and money (in the biz) isn't the same, artists are "forced" to endure these things that they'd otherwise want no part of.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 07:02:46 PM »
Yeah this seems like a bad idea after recent events. But I guess as long as people are stupid enough to pay for it, Scott will keep taking their money.

Spot on. A fan's perception on what an artist is like IRL often has no basis in reality.

That said, a friend of mine attended a meet and greet. It was either Tool, or a project related to Tool. Anyway, she said it was an amazing experience. They were literally just hanging out with the band, telling stories, and then the band gave a short private concert just for the fans backstage. It was far beyond anything she expected.

Point is, some bands really go above and beyond. It can be a great experience.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 07:13:29 PM »
I think the problem is fans often attribute this god-like status to their music idols, when mostly they're just people like you and me, which makes it impossible for them to live up to that in person. Some do it better than others, sure, but the bottom line is they are human beings like the rest of us with real flaws and some of them, like our friend Scott, are not social people and can be ornery around their fans. I'm not saying it's acceptable for Scott to act the way he has, as he is an extreme case, but you hear way more stories about people meeting their idols and ending up disappointed instead of amazed.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 08:38:58 PM »
I wonder how much he wants to sing on a song.   ;) :P
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

stp4

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Assistant Manager Strickland Propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 09:29:09 PM »
I'd never pay a penny to meet Scott, or any rock star. I got to sit down and talk to Rob and Dean before a show back in 2002 for about 10 to 15 minutes. They are genuine, really nice people. They came out of the tour bus and just shot the shit w/ about 5 to 10 of us die-hard fans. Scott was too busy watching the GB Packers game.