September 30, 2024, 07:27:32 PM

Author Topic: 2015-06-06 - Los Angeles, CA - El Rey  (Read 3709 times)

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Los Angeles, CA June 6 el rey
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 11:09:13 PM »
Was this show just added?  Presale is tomorrow!  I'm gonna buy some tickets just in case they somehow keep the tour going.  Finally hearing Blaster on Pandora from Guatemala and loving it!  Jeremy left a lovely final stamp.  I hope beyond hope they can still go out and rock these songs as a tribute!  As others have mentioned, Kushner would be sick!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 03:37:31 AM »
How do we get the presale password thing? I'm checking my email like crazy.

Edit: Nevermind. Found it and bought tickets. PRESALE IS RIGHT NOW until 10:00 p.m. Pacific.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 03:57:42 AM by Blueberry »

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 06:10:27 PM »
I got Tickets too, this is going to be a sick show. I wonder who will be playing guitar

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2015-06-06 - Los Angeles, CA - El Rey
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 08:57:05 AM »
They crushed it. Great fucking show. Scott owned it. Dean who?  Nick is seriously talented. Joey was a beast. Highlites for me were white lightning crackerman amythest a couple of good openers.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 09:00:02 AM »
They crushed it. Great fucking show. Scott owned it. Dean who?  Nick is seriously talented. Joey was a beast. Highlites for me were white lightning crackerman amythest a couple of good openers.
Great show ha ha until I got kicked out.  There Was so much energy

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 09:06:56 AM »
Great show ha ha until I got kicked out.  There Was so much energy
I've been to many shows and that's the first time I've got to crowd surf, that's pretty surprising for Scott Weiland show but it shows the amount of energy there was from the fans

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 09:31:15 AM »
Hi!  I just got back from this show & even if I don't talk much, I thought I'd let U guys know how it went.

There were 3 bands b4 "Weildabouts" played  ;)   I really liked the second band but I didn't catch their names cuz I went 2 the ladies room...the lead singer had this "Ian Astbury" attitude about him & I really dug their sound...

The first band, Stocklyn, (I think) was good also...the third band seemed out of place, like they should have played second...I felt their sound was a little mellow 2 bring the main band on stage, but I enjoyed all bands...

The Weildabouts came on strong and ended stronger...I stood between Scott & the guitarist like second row...Man, that guitar player is awesome & the Drummer was crazy solid...the only complaint from the crowd was Scott's mic was way down or it was like a noise battle between guitarist and drummer  ;D It was a great show and night...

A lady made it up on stage and hugged Scott, then two guys jumped up and started moshing on stage...funny...

Just before the encore, I had 2 move cuz my feet were killing me from my high heel boots so I sat in the back...I heard the vocals fine when I was sitting back there, but I don't know if it was like that all night or just during the encore...after the set, the drummer knocked down his kit...I left pretty quickly cuz I was hungry & I have 2 work in the morning or I would have stuck around 2 C if I could have met them

8) :-*
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

Ajax11

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 10:34:12 AM »
Phenomenal show!! The band and Scott sounded so great. Truly an amazing performance through and through.

The 2nd band mentioned above was called 'Vox Waves' and they were really good. I talked to their singer a little bit after the show and he seemed like a really nice guy. The 3rd band 'Blondfire' was OK, but I got kinda bored with their sound about 3 songs in.

SW and the Wildabouts were on stage on-time and had a great energy to them. Joey was an absolute beast behind the kit. I lost track of how many drumsticks exploded in his hands due to sheer force. First time seeing Nick Mayberry, and he was very impressive. Scott sounded great and was very energetic.

I didn't really dig the uptempo/punk rock version of Dead and Bloated, but other than that, the setlist flowed pretty well.

I also helped The Legacy crowd surf which was fun. The highlight of the show was seeing this Janis Joplin-looking hippy chick hop on stage and hug Scott during the last 3rd of the set, it was pretty funny.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 03:35:48 PM »
Phenomenal show!! The band and Scott sounded so great. Truly an amazing performance through and through.

The 2nd band mentioned above was called 'Vox Waves' and they were really good. I talked to their singer a little bit after the show and he seemed like a really nice guy. The 3rd band 'Blondfire' was OK, but I got kinda bored with their sound about 3 songs in.
Blondfire? Holy shit. I've known about them for a long while and I'd never expect them to be on the same bill as Scott. That's crazy. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Scott were to open for them. That's really cool though, wish I could've gone to this show. Sounds fantastic.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 06:22:46 PM »
I loved how Joey at the end blew up his kit. Unexpected.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 06:24:35 PM »
One suggestion: Scott should intro his band. Cliche?  Bono does it with U2. These guys need some recognition. They sounded really strong all nite.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2015, 06:24:57 PM »
Meat plow also sounded awesome.

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 06:42:03 PM »
So was it Joey or Mike? They kinda look alike from distance. If it was Joey, I somehow missed his return to the band.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 06:52:14 PM by Tyrant »
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 07:31:13 PM »
So was it Joey or Mike? They kinda look alike from distance. If it was Joey, I somehow missed his return to the band.
It was Joey. He only missed a few shows. Him leaving was blown out of proportion