September 30, 2024, 03:18:55 AM

Author Topic: Please tell me this isn't true...  (Read 26476 times)

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Please tell me this isn't true...
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2015, 11:08:31 PM »
Also, I totally regret not going to the Hard Rock show on Friday.  I have tix to see the Pledge Music show on 4/17.  Also, I've tried to stay away from the album as much as I could waiting for the CD.  This really pollutes it for me.  So looking forward to the next two week and now, not so much.  Hope Scott can keep it moving.   

Ajax11

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2015, 11:26:39 PM »
This is so sad, RIP Jeremy.

I was at the Hard Rock Cafe show on Friday, so I was able to see his last performance. He did a really great job and the band and Scott sounded awesome.

I wonder where this leaves the band now, no full-time drummer, and the guitar player tragically passing away. I hope Scott can recover from this.

I think it would be very nice of the DeLeo's and Kretz to maybe get on the phone today, put all the BS behind them, and reach out to Scott and be supportive at this tough time.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2015, 11:43:28 PM »
Wow. Can't believe I'm just hearing about this now. I hadn't seen this thread until just now and didn't catch any of the social media stuff. Besides Scott's post, the Wildabout's Facebook is just continuing marketing the album as if nothing happened.

This is truly terrible. Jeremy seemed like a really cool, down to Earth guy... And on top of that, he was probably the best damn guitar player Scott worked with besides Dean. I know I haven't always been in Scott's camp, but I always really really respected Jeremy.

This is just terrible.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2015, 12:07:25 AM »
I get this really strange feeling listening to the new album now. I almost can't listen to it...

I feel so bad for Scott. It seemed like his life was finally heading in the right direction again and everything was falling into place, and now this happens. Guy can't catch a break.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:09:01 AM by JBattista »

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2015, 12:19:03 AM »
I get this really strange feeling listening to the new album now. I almost can't listen to it...

I know what you mean but have to go the other way. Celebrate the music, celebrate Jeremy's contribution to it.

There are a lot of really nice comments on here and on ultimate-guitar.com too that I hope the family can read at some point.

Jeremy Brown made a huge contribution to a really strong rock album. We can only really pay respects by blasting it out and telling everyone we know how good it is. That's how I feel anyway.

TaylorCJ

• Co-Pilot
  • We told her that you loved her
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2015, 12:37:06 AM »

I know what you mean but have to go the other way. Celebrate the music, celebrate Jeremy's contribution to it.

There are a lot of really nice comments on here and on ultimate-guitar.com too that I hope the family can read at some point.

Jeremy Brown made a huge contribution to a really strong rock album. We can only really pay respects by blasting it out and telling everyone we know how good it is. That's how I feel anyway.

I too had trouble listening to the album today. After seeing some people in this forum recommending to rock out to the album and spread the word of how great it is I'm feeling much better about it. It really is great to have this forum to talk about this really sad and difficult situation. I can only imagine what the guy's friends and family are going through.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2015, 12:39:00 AM »

I feel so bad for Scott. It seemed like his life was finally heading in the right direction again and everything was falling into place, and now this happens. Guy can't catch a break.

I know what you mean!  He was always talking about what great friends they were, Blaster rules, is getting good reviews and Scott seemed on too of it!

Modzilla is especially hard with the "its time to meet the man, the man who's gonna take you on a ride" part
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:42:02 AM by Purple »
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2015, 01:07:13 AM »

I'm digging this perspective and hope I can listen to the album with this in mind.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2015, 02:32:33 AM »
Ah, bummer. Such terrible timing. Not that it's ever opportune to pass away, just a shame that it had to happen. May he R.I.P

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2015, 02:42:59 AM »
I read the initial post in the early hours of yesterday morning but thought it was a rumour being that it was on an Australian site, then an hour or so later when I read Scott's statement on Facebook it really hit me :-(
This is such sad news and a tragic loss. I love Jeremy's playing on 'Blaster' and what I saw from the live vids on YouTube, I actually have tickets for the London gig next week and was really excited to see them all playing live together. I can only assume this gig and the rest of the tour will be understandably cancelled, although as others have mentioned, strangely the promo for the album is still in full swing over on Scott's Facebook page... Having said that they all worked very hard on that album and I'm sure Jeremy would want as many people as possible to hear it, I'm recommending it to all my friends.
I get what others are saying too about the whole 'Blaster' experience being much darker now but lets celebrate and enjoy Jeremy's work, I'm sure that's what he would want.

Latest update I've read online -
"Publicist Diana Baron didn't give a reason for Brown's death at his home in Venice, California, on Monday. The band's album, "Blaster," was released on Tuesday."

http://news.yahoo.com/jeremy-brown-scott-weiland-wildabouts-guitarist-dies-221112498.html

Which doesn't tell us much other than it happened at his home. Whatever it was, it was sudden and should be a lesson to us all to never take life for granted.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2015, 07:53:28 AM »

Here's the Ultimate-guitar.com link for those interested in reading some comments from a decent section of the internet: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/entertainment/scott_weilands_the_wildabouts_guitarist_jeremy_brown_dies.html

Usually on that site, people are pretty brutal in regards to Scott, but they've all been mostly respectful, and I appreciate that of them. Can probably guess which comment is by me....

That Yahoo news link CagedTiger posted though, wow. Hopefully nobody close to him reads that comments section.... There was one by "Rick" that sounds like he might've known Jeremy that gives us a little insight into the man most of us know next to nothing about besides his guitar playing:

"It takes a lot of dedication and commitment to practice and play guitar. He started when he was 11 wanting a guitar badly it was his calling. He loved guitar playing."

And since Scott recently said Jeremy was responsible for most of the riffs on the album, if Scott decides to continue the band, we're going to be hearing and seeing a much different band. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the end of "The Wildabouts", but Scott hopefully will continue to work with his buddies Tommy Black & Joey Castillo.

This can't be repeated this enough: my thoughts and prayers are with Jeremy's family and friends. I hope they can find all the strength in the world at this sad time....

This album release went from being a beautiful, wonderful listening experience, to being painful and heartbreaking to listen to.... One thing I find a little solace in is that Jeremy Brown will live on forever in this great album he gifted us before we lost him....

R.I.P., again, to a great human being, and a great guitar player and songwriter.

Stay strong, Jeremy's family & friends, you've got a new angel watching over you, and the whole BelowEmpty community has your back. <3333
Bleeda blooda

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2015, 03:07:00 PM »
Interesting in the yahoo link it says he has two brothers that have also died and his father.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2015, 03:33:05 PM »
This obviously puts a huge damper on the album release, curious to find out what happened but the best to everyone who knew him
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2015, 03:47:56 PM »
Interesting in the yahoo link it says he has two brothers that have also died and his father.

I'm not seeing that in the article?? Is it in the comments section?
I apologise if the disrespectful user/arsehole troll comments on that article I posted upset anyone, I didn't read them prior to posting the link and only posted it because it was the most recent article on Jeremy's death.
There really are some fucked up horrible people around :-(
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Silvergun Batman

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2015, 04:17:49 PM »

Whatever it was, it was sudden and should be a lesson to us all to never take life for granted.

Having knocked on death's door some 15 months ago at the age of 38, I think we should all heed by this.
I got a picture of a photograph ...