September 30, 2024, 03:32:59 AM

Author Topic: Blaster CD  (Read 30524 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Blaster CD
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2015, 07:56:40 AM »
finally received my signed CD today, and only Scott signed the album........the description stated the entire band would sign.....so I paid a 'premium' of $18 for Scott to scribble S. Weiland in the upper left corner......should have just bought it from Amazon.

I contemplated writing the Pledge people to ask about the discrepancy between the description and what I got but figured it would probably be a waste of time.

It's definitely kinda fuxxored how the description on pledgemusic.com for the "Signed CD" says "The new CD. Signed by the entire band."

Email them. Tell them you didn't get what you pledged for. It sucks, especially since we lost one of the band members to the ages between when we pledged our hard earned cash and when what we pledged for was released.

As big of a fan of Scott as I am, and as much as us fans let slide....

Don't let things like this slide. You didn't get what you paid for. That is never okay. Whoever ordered the autographed CD (the vinyl's description is more vague....) got ripped off. Though it is now not possible to get what you paid for, there definitely was time for you to get what you paid for regardless of the tragic circumstances that are beyond your control.

There's a picture of Scott from before the 30th of him signing things, where's the rest of his band?

Sorry for this insensitive sounding post, really sorry... But it's wrong that people were sent things less than what they paid for.  Especially now, under these circumstances.....
Bleeda blooda

TaylorCJ

• Co-Pilot
  • We told her that you loved her
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2015, 12:30:47 PM »
You're right, I actually am going to ask them about it. Let's see what happens!

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2015, 02:47:59 PM »
I'm not surprised about this...I've only pre-ordered stuff from Pledge music once before this, it was a couple of years ago for a live album by Tarja Turunen (I don't know if any of you know who she is, she used to be the singer for the symphonic metal band Nightwish and now has a solo career), and there were many problems then. Mostly about the delays in shipping the items, but there was also a problem with some signed postards that were supposed to be included in one of the editions (some people got them and some didn't and it was unclear why). So I guess that they still haven't fixed their issues yet...it sucks, because it's a nice way for artists to give fans cool things and get support for their releases.
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2015, 02:59:39 PM »
My vinyl hasn't dispatched yet.

But I guess with the Jeremy bombshell, they probably have better things to do than sign LPs right now.

Has anybody had a signed vinyl dispatched to them?

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2015, 06:45:19 PM »

I need to say that I was very skeptical about the band in the past and mocked them a lot of times, but, much to my surprise, they stepped up like no one else. They easily did a much better job on this album than Scott Weiland.
My main points:
- The songs are very repetitive. It's hard for me to listen to the most of the songs all the way through to the very end. I just skip them in the middle. There are quite a few pretty phenomenal melodies and ideas, but Scott struggles to write something interesting around them.
That's all. I don't feel like I want to get back to the most of these songs.

HAve you listened to most of the songs all the way throughout b/c I think they did a good job at not making them repetitive. Anyways im liking the album more than I thought I would so I Happy with it ;)
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

TurnToDust86

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • DL Live
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2015, 06:59:31 PM »
My vinyl hasn't dispatched yet.

But I guess with the Jeremy bombshell, they probably have better things to do than sign LPs right now.

Has anybody had a signed vinyl dispatched to them?

Coming out of long hibernation to say that I received my signed vinyl. They sent a signed sleeve, which was only signed by Scott, and a shrink-wrapped album. So you actually get two sleeves, oddly enough.
Curt

Chips will only grow one shoulder at a time.

"You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." - Conan O'Brien

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2015, 07:01:38 PM »

I need to say that I was very skeptical about the band in the past and mocked them a lot of times, but, much to my surprise, they stepped up like no one else. They easily did a much better job on this album than Scott Weiland.
My main points:
- The songs are very repetitive. It's hard for me to listen to the most of the songs all the way through to the very end. I just skip them in the middle. There are quite a few pretty phenomenal melodies and ideas, but Scott struggles to write something interesting around them.

HAve you listened to most of the songs all the way throughout b/c I think they did a good job at not making them repetitive. Anyways im liking the album more than I thought I would so I Happy with it ;)
Yep. Still, not feeling it.
But I need to say that I love "Blue Eyes" anyway. That's a great song.
Just listened to "Sentimental Halos", "Arch Angel", "Hyper-Fuzz-Funny-Car" and "Some Things Must Go This Way" in a row and while I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, these four songs alone seem better than entire "Blaster" to me.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2015, 08:10:00 PM »

My main points:

Yep. Still, not feeling it.
But I need to say that I love "Blue Eyes" anyway. That's a great song.
Just listened to "Sentimental Halos", "Arch Angel", "Hyper-Fuzz-Funny-Car" and "Some Things Must Go This Way" in a row and while I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, these four songs alone seem better than entire "Blaster" to me.

I have to agree with this. Happy is a beautiful album, and Scott really pours his heart into it. I actually had my solo Scott stuff on shuffle the other day and his earlier work just blows this project out of the water, but it's almost unfair to compare the two, or Blaster to any other Scott solo project since he's clearly viewing this differently. He even said so himself. He made that comment about his previous solo albums being "art projects" and this one being his new band with a band mentality.

If I were to rank this along with Happy and 12BB it would be 3rd, but I think the more appropriate thing to do would be to begin ranking this in its own new category of Scott Weiland & The Wildabouts albums. Unfortunately, this band is going to need another makover if it's going to put out more records.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2015, 08:18:34 PM »
Blaster goes in a total different than his previous albums so comparing them is hard.   

Arch Angel is one of the weakest tunes Scotts written IMO
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2015, 02:23:16 PM »
Blaster entered the Billboard 200 at no.133.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2015, 03:23:00 PM »
Wow, thanks......it may drop off the top 200 by next week.  I checked and HiG peaked at #97.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2015, 03:45:53 PM »
Yeah, I would think this is a significant drop from Happy's first week sales (about 8000 IIRC) as that came out 7 years ago when sales were much better.

Not really important, except that albums cost money to make, so poor sales impact how likely we are to get another one.

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2015, 04:57:32 PM »

That's surprising. I remember seeing Blaster as high as 40th on amazon's music sales.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2015, 04:59:54 PM »
Fans of established rock bands tend to rush to buy everything on the day it is available, so it wouldn't be surprising to see it do very well in the first few days and then nothing for the rest of the week.

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2015, 05:03:25 PM »
That's true. I wonder if pledgemusic pre-orders are included in total sales within Billboard.