September 30, 2024, 03:33:43 AM

Author Topic: Blaster CD  (Read 30526 times)

Silvergun Batman

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Blaster CD
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2015, 09:32:11 PM »
really digging this album ... nice job Scott.
I got a picture of a photograph ...

PigsinZen

• Hickory Dichotomy
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Superman with Silvergun
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2015, 09:46:41 PM »
Blue Eyes has really grown on me, might be my new favorite

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2015, 10:11:01 PM »
My Top 3 so far
Amethyst
Blue Eyes
Modzilla

Not really feeling Youth Quake or Parachute yet.

The rest all falls somewhere in the middle.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2015, 10:39:04 PM »
I think if we take the best of this and a few good songs from high rise and we would have a pretty cool seventh STP album. My version would be:
No.7
Modzilla
Way She Moves
Out Of Time
Hotel Rio
Amethyst
White Lightning
Black Heart
Blue Eyes
Bleed Out
Tomorrow
Circles

What about you guys? My favorite Blaster track is white lightning, been loving it since January, amethyst is my second favorite. Very cool song

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2015, 10:50:29 PM »
I think if we take the best of this and a few good songs from high rise and we would have a pretty cool seventh STP album. My version would be:
No.7
Modzilla
Way She Moves
Out Of Time
Hotel Rio
Amethyst
White Lightning
Black Heart
Blue Eyes
Bleed Out
Tomorrow
Circles

What about you guys? My favorite Blaster track is white lightning, been loving it since January, amethyst is my second favorite. Very cool song

I think its amazing how divisive Youthquake seems to be. Personally, I love it and wouldn't leave it off your trackl isting 

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2015, 10:57:21 PM »
No.7
Modzilla
Way She Moves
Out Of Time
Hotel Rio
Amethyst
White Lightning
Black Heart
Blue Eyes
Bleed Out
Tomorrow
Circles

I think its amazing how divisive Youthquake seems to be. Personally, I love it and wouldn't leave it off your trackl isting
I Like all of the songs and that's my favorite that I excluded, I was just aiming for 11 songs so it would be the same as no.4

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2015, 11:10:56 PM »
I think its amazing how divisive Youthquake seems to be. Personally, I love it and wouldn't leave it off your tracklisting
I Like all of the songs and that's my favorite that I excluded, I was just aiming for 11 songs so it would be the same as no.4

Love Youthquake. I think SW & STP are heading in very different directions right now but, hey, I'll play.

If we replace 20th Century Boy with Out Of Time and slot Same On The Inside in somewhere, I'm digging that quality-wise.

Black Heart has no business being on any STP record but then neither does BTL and lots of people like that one so what do I know?

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2015, 11:16:04 PM »
I think its amazing how divisive Youthquake seems to be. Personally, I love it and wouldn't leave it off your tracklisting

Love Youthquake. I think SW & STP are heading in very different directions right now but, hey, I'll play.

If we replace 20th Century Boy with Out Of Time and slot Same On The Inside in somewhere, I'm digging that quality-wise.

Black Heart has no business being on any STP record but then neither does BTL and lots of people like that one so what do I know?
20th century boy is great, I just feel like black heart kinda has that tiny music kinda groove, might have been better with a Weiland melody.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2015, 11:19:40 PM »
Also in my opinion blue eyes is this record's cinnamon. Which is a good thing to me

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2015, 11:23:27 PM »
Also in my opinion blue eyes is this record's cinnamon. Which is a good thing to me

With you all the way on that one. Blue Eyes is Cinnamon+ for me (and I adore that song).

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2015, 02:46:10 AM »
Been streaming the album on Spotify all day (I'm going to buy a CD copy too) and I'm really happy with it, and as Stop That Pigeon said earlier, it is indeed a valuable addition to the Weiland catalog.

It may not feature his best or most creative songs, but this album is a lot of fun to listen to and really rocks. Can't wait to start blasting Blaster while driving 8)  Definitely a great summer rock record...the band sounds great especially Jeremy Brown...RIP

Hotel Rio and Amethyst are my personal big standout tracks
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2015, 04:38:34 AM »
Bought it and finally gave it a listen after holding out. Sounds pretty good. Scott has the ability to vocally carry many of these songs as only he can. I like the Retro vibe.

Really like The Way She Moves, Hotel Rio, Amethyst ( great solos by Jeremy), Blue Eyes, Bleed Out (classic 90's grunge feel), Beach Bop, 20th Century Boy, and Circles (my first instinct when hearing this was "Fuck yes, Weiland singing some country again!")

coo2

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2015, 05:43:41 AM »
There's something that will never fail me when it comes to buying an album and that's listening to the first single or two, and then just waiting for release day, without any sneak preview of further tracks or leaks or whatever.

Felt wonderful doing the traditional thing and going out to Bestbuy and buying a physical copy of Blaster, and cranking it out in the car on the road back home.

I must say, this is, in my humble opinion: the strongest Scott's sounded since Libertad. Nothing about the songs or his performance or melodies or production, etc. sound phoned-in.

My overall impression of this album is it's all about Scott Weiland reclaiming his vitality as an artist.

I also love that this album is perfectly sequenced, it seems as if the songs get better as the album goes along. Has a perfect front-to-back experience-feel to it, which I dig.

Did anyone else feel like the chorus to Parachute sounds like Missing Cleveland at times?

Nothing groundbreaking, but it's not supposed to be. This album does what it has to: Rock hard. At this point, an album like this is refreshing and much needed, considering the state of modern Rock n' Roll nowadays.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2015, 08:48:23 AM »
Damn I made a big ass post agreeing with coo2 about the tracklisting and how this running order is perfect and Scott (almost) always does justice to cover songs and 20th Century Boy fits right in with the rest of the songs, etc, etc. But the Mozilla Firefox decided to be a PIECE OF GARBAGE and unlog me in between my last post, and this current one  I had to log back into the site to post and it deleted my "thought out" post so you just get this here quickie....

But my basic point is that the album is super great in the form it appears in, even if Blue Eyes is lacking on the vinyl version.

Out of 10, I originally rated this album 7.9 or so out of 10. After several listens (mostly the crappy Pandora stream) I give this album a 9+ out of 10. Blaster is Scott's best flowing album EVER, his best melodies since 2007's Libertad album, and his best mouth noises since 2003's Contraband.

And that's with the  black cloud hovering over this release. A very sad, very goddamn shame this incarnation of Scott's band is no longer possible.
Bleeda blooda

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2015, 02:09:49 PM »
I've listened to it enough that I'm now comfortable ranking it within all of the STP-related releases.  From best to worst:

1. Shangri-La Dee Da
2. Purple
3. Tiny Music
4. No. 4
5. Core
6. Blaster
7. Self-Titled
8. 12 Bar Blues
9. Army Of Anyone
10. Contraband
11. Happy In Galoshes
12. Libertad
13. High Rise
14. Talk Show
15. The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!