September 30, 2024, 03:29:03 AM

Author Topic: Blaster CD  (Read 30518 times)

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Blaster CD
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 09:27:08 PM »
Don't get the hate for 20th century boy

No hate, it just isn't needed. Parachute would have faded into Circles quite beautifully.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 09:34:06 PM »
I Need all the music from Scott that I can get

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 10:31:11 PM »
I felt moved to put a review on Amazon, not something I've bothered with before:

"This is a great record. If, like me, you've been an STP fan for years and despaired at the decline in Scott Weiland during recent times, worry no more.

The tones are crunchy and in your face, the melodies will stick in your head (less creative than in the past but perfect for this outfit) and the whole band provides grit, punch & swagger.

A few minor quibbles aside, this is a valuable addition to the Weiland catalogue. A surprise and a very welcome one."

Not exactly a literary masterpiece but there you go.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blaster-Scott-Weiland-Wildabouts/dp/B00SI9TOJ8/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1427750889&sr=1-1&keywords=scott+weiland

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2015, 11:23:34 PM »
Has anyone received an email yet that their autographed cd from pledge music has shipped?  I haven't gotten any notice of that yet.  I really want the album to be available on torrents so I can at least listen to a high quality version tomorrow lol
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

TinyPenisMusic

• Co-Pilot
  • WTF?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 11:34:54 PM »
Am I the only one that's solely relying on the CD copy of this album in order to hear it? I'm stuck in the stone age and I'm more than happy to pay for it.
"Hey buddy are you lubed up?" -Scott Weiland

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 11:44:11 PM »
Got my beautiful orange vinyl copy jus now. Really nicely done insert, lots of cool photos, and the album cover looks kick ass in its blown up size.

Looks like James Iha did write & record some Blue Eyes.

And in a quick look over, there's no fudgeups on the tracklist for this version of it.

Hopefully the CD people just got a first edition misprint and every version after this one that ends up corrected will end up being worth thousands. :)
Bleeda blooda

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 11:59:05 PM »
^ Glad you got your vinyl, sure to be killer.

My CD might end up the valuable one, don't care as I'd never part with it. Kickass record.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2015, 12:34:29 AM »
Has anyone received an email yet that their autographed cd from pledge music has shipped?  I haven't gotten any notice of that yet.  I really want the album to be available on torrents so I can at least listen to a high quality version tomorrow lol

Haven't heard anything. Guess I won't be getting it tomorrow. I think I read that they don't ship until April which is Wednesday.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2015, 02:38:42 AM »
I was looking at the discussion on the pledge music thing. So unlike other pledgemusic projects I've bought, it appears only the $10 package includes a digital download of the album.

Someone named Ryann who appears to work for Pledgemusic said "CDs are due to ship in April--as soon as your package ships you will receive an email to let you know it is on the way.

Thank You!

Ryann
PledgeMusic"

hopefully I'm missing something here, or are the CD's actually shipping after the release date?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 02:41:34 AM by foou33 »

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2015, 08:29:44 AM »
I was looking at the discussion on the pledge music thing. So unlike other pledgemusic projects I've bought, it appears only the $10 package includes a digital download of the album.

The beautiful transparent orange vinyl comes with a code to download the album, but that doesn't do much good if you've ordered the autographed one and it isn't going to show up in your mailbox on the release date.... Funny thing, I paid PledgeMusic $30 for the vinyl and $10 for the digital download, when I could have just paid the same amount to get the same content, PLUS Scott's autograph on my LP cover.... It's okay though, I don't mind giving the album one more sale, and I'd much rather get Scott's autograph in person.

As for the vinyl record, it sounds gorgeous, much better than the mp3 version I also bought.... A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER THAN THE PANDORA STREAM!! One thing I noticed though, Blue Eyes is mentioned on the back cover and in the liner notes, but it's absent from the album itself. Both on the label and in the grooves.

Wonderful set of pictures on the liner sheet, including one with Scott playing the guitar!!

But it bums me out to look at it now after what happened to Jeremy....
Bleeda blooda

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2015, 10:05:40 AM »

The beautiful transparent orange vinyl comes with a code to download the album,

Thanks for the description of the vinyl. Couldn't tell much from the picture or description on the site.

So does the code physically come with the vinyl, or was it sent to you via email (or through PledgeMusic)?
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2015, 02:21:26 PM »
Yeah!! Oh you guys! I can't wait until summertime and blasting this with all the windows down. Doesn't it just feel like that kind of record?

Who said they haven't felt like this listening to new music in years? pigeon? Whoever it was -- spot on!

Still listening to it (for the first time!) and I'm so excited I can't type on my damn phone. Haha.

Happy Blaster Day everyone! 😊
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2015, 04:47:02 PM »
Does anyone know?
Is the orange vinyl just a pledge music thing or will regular stores carry the orange vinyl too?
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 07:30:55 PM »
the vinyl code likely comes inside the vinyl itself, which in this case is kind of pointless. it seems a lot of people over on pledge music aren't impressed with the lack of a download with a purchase. this whole thing isn't going to play out well for a lot of scotts hardcore fans. the cd's haven't shipped yet, and to make matters worse, the cd's are cheaper in local stores than they were through pledgemusic.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2015, 07:45:29 PM »
Yeah!! Oh you guys! I can't wait until summertime and blasting this with all the windows down. Doesn't it just feel like that kind of record?

Who said they haven't felt like this listening to new music in years? pigeon? Whoever it was -- spot on!

Still listening to it (for the first time!) and I'm so excited I can't type on my damn phone. Haha.

I believe I did. Thx Jessie, glad you love it as much as I do.  :)