September 29, 2024, 11:29:59 PM

Author Topic: Blaster CD  (Read 30471 times)

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Blaster CD
« on: March 28, 2015, 01:58:36 PM »
Yay, arrived this morning! Had to go into work for a couple of hours, got back and there it was.

Sounding great, quite a decent booklet too.   8)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Blaster CD
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 06:13:58 PM »
Man, I hoped so much this would arrive today, and it didn't. Now I have to wait until Monday.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 06:25:00 PM »
^ That's unlucky.  :(

For those interested in these things, I have a German pressing and Jean Genie, despite being listed on both the back and the disc itself, is not there. Doesn't bother me as I don't like covers but it's a bit annoying that it's listed.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 06:55:50 PM »
That's cool that your CD arrive today :-)
Where did you order from?? Mine was shipped from Base.com yesterday, I was unrealistically hoping it would arrive first class today but no such luck!
That whole Jean Genie thing is really odd, I've seen it mentioned in some of the reviews/promo etc too, I wonder if it'll end up as an iTunes bonus or something? Also wondering if its a newly recorded version with The Wildabouts or the one that appeared on his covers album a few years ago? If its the latter it would make no sense at all!!

One last question! How does the CD sound compared to the Pandora stream?
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 07:39:27 PM »
^ That's unlucky.  :(

For those interested in these things, I have a German pressing and Jean Genie, despite being listed on both the back and the disc itself, is not there. Doesn't bother me as I don't like covers but it's a bit annoying that it's listed.

I've got new Bjork & Modest Mouse LPs arrived to keep me occupied, but still.

Hmm, i'm much the same way about covers, i'm not at all keen on that song, or Scott's previous cover of it either. I think i'd prefer the album to end on one of his tracks. It's not on the UK iTunes release either from what I can see.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 08:56:28 PM »
Where did you order from?? Mine was shipped from Base.com yesterday, I was unrealistically hoping it would arrive first class today but no such luck!

PledgeMusic - only got the dispatch email last night so was very surprised it arrived so fast. Clearly a quiet postal week in Scotland.  ;D

Ah, it sounds way better than the stream. Haven't blasted it in the car yet but sounds cool in the kitchen.

There's still a denseness to the layering, vox especially but definitely deliberate. Fortunately, we have lyrics so I'm getting much more sense from those now. Loads of monkeys on this one!

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 11:07:45 PM »
Ah, it sounds way better than the stream. Haven't blasted it in the car yet but sounds cool in the kitchen

This is a relief.

Anyone else opt for the download via pledge music? Haven't heard anything yet about when it might become available.

When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 01:07:21 AM »
Ah, it sounds way better than the stream. Haven't blasted it in the car yet but sounds cool in the kitchen

This is a relief.

Anyone else opt for the download via pledge music? Haven't heard anything yet about when it might become available.

I ordered a signed CD and haven't heard anything. Waiting until Monday I guess.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 01:24:03 AM »
I ordered the signed vinyl. Scott was only signing them on Thursday according to their update, so I would guess it will be a few days before any signed goods are dispatched yet.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 06:35:04 AM »

PledgeMusic - only got the dispatch email last night so was very surprised it arrived so fast. Clearly a quiet postal week in Scotland.  ;D

Ah, it sounds way better than the stream. Haven't blasted it in the car yet but sounds cool in the kitchen.

There's still a denseness to the layering, vox especially but definitely deliberate. Fortunately, we have lyrics so I'm getting much more sense from those now. Loads of monkeys on this one!

Dang, that's crazy. They must be shipping the album from the UK or something.... I got my "your vinyl album was shipped" email from PledgeMusic on March 24th, and I was expecting it to be here in northern California today fa sho. But nah, no dice. Monday, I'm hoping. I need me some transparent orange LP in my life.
Bleeda blooda

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 11:57:45 AM »
Today at work cannot go fast enough.

Lolzeyes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 06:43:02 PM »
edit:nvrmnd
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:46:45 PM by Lolzeyes »

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 08:21:04 PM »
Got it. Love it. Apart from the infuriatingly superfluous cover of 20th Century Boy, an excellent album from start to finish.

Having avoided the live videos and streams, this was the first time I had heard a lot of these songs, apart from the pledge music downloads. The stuff that was unheard before is much better than the stuff that has come already. Youthquake is superb, as is Parachute.

Has anybody else noticed how incongruous Scott's photo on the back is? It's almost like he missed the photo shoot, so they just chucked in any old out of focus picture of him. Bizarre.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 09:03:25 PM »
Got it. Love it. Apart from the infuriatingly superfluous cover of 20th Century Boy, an excellent album from start to finish.

Having avoided the live videos and streams, this was the first time I had heard a lot of these songs, apart from the pledge music downloads. The stuff that was unheard before is much better than the stuff that has come already. Youthquake is superb, as is Parachute.

Has anybody else noticed how incongruous Scott's photo on the back is? It's almost like he missed the photo shoot, so they just chucked in any old out of focus picture of him. Bizarre.

Great ears hear alike.  ;) It really is a cracking record. If I was a member of STP, I'd be shitting in my pants trying to top this without SW. No kidding, best side project ever. Youthquake is the one that really speaks 80s to me but there's so much in there of quality.

Haha, yeah I did a double take at first thinking "Where's Scott?" Not the best photo.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 09:19:16 PM »
Don't get the hate for 20th century boy