September 22, 2024, 11:21:39 PM

Author Topic: Hear 'Blaster' on Pandora Premieres Through 3/30  (Read 17520 times)

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Hear 'Blaster' on Pandora Premieres Through 3/30
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2015, 09:34:47 PM »
The 4 songs released already: Modzilla, Way She Moves, White Lightning, and 20th Century Boy are my 4 least favourite songs on the album lol.  Hotel Rio and Beach Pop should be radio singles IMO.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 09:35:57 PM »
any word on how people who bought the album can listen to it?

That Pandora link, or wait until your copy gets shipped to you. Digital downloads will probably be available on the release date.

I'm waiting for the album to come.

I just got an email confirmation that my vinyl copy shipped, so I should (and hopefully everybody else should) be in possession of theirs on or before the release date, barring any post office screwups.

Bleeda blooda

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2015, 09:39:14 PM »
The 4 songs released already: Modzilla, Way She Moves, White Lightning, and 20th Century Boy are my 4 least favourite songs on the album lol.  Hotel Rio and Beach Pop should be radio singles IMO.

Agreed on everything. I'd add "Circles" to the songs that should be singles. Also "Bleed Out" surprised me with that modern indie rock sound. Reminded me of the band, Editors.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2015, 09:42:36 PM »

Same here. Don't get me wrong, I'm expecting the digital download from Pledge Music in a timeous fashion but there's nothing like having the disc in your hands.

If it's half as good as people are saying, it'll be well worth the wait.

I might just be getting caught up in all the hype, but I'll always remember the feeling I had the first time I heard this album, just like the original STP records. It's definitely worth it.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2015, 09:49:45 PM »

I just got an email confirmation that my vinyl copy shipped, so I should (and hopefully everybody else should) be in possession of theirs on or before the release date, barring any post office screwups.

It's shipping from the US though, so I pre-ordered the CD from Amazon as well just in case as it could potentially take weeks to get here. Will probably be here Saturday, as they usually ship a few days early.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2015, 09:59:43 PM »
any word on how people who bought the album can listen to it?
That Pandora link, or wait until your copy gets shipped to you. Digital downloads will probably be available on the release date.

It is nonsense like this that is killing the music industry. Total bullshit.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2015, 10:08:54 PM »

Same here. Don't get me wrong, I'm expecting the digital download from Pledge Music in a timeous fashion but there's nothing like having the disc in your hands.

If it's half as good as people are saying, it'll be well worth the wait.

I might just be getting caught up in all the hype, but I'll always remember the feeling I had the first time I heard this album, just like the original STP records. It's definitely worth it.

I agree.  It's been a very long time, since 2001 and I went out and bought SLDD during the lunch hour when I was still in high school.  During my spare in the afternoon listened to it all in my disc man.  That's the last time I've felt this way.

PigsinZen

• Hickory Dichotomy
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Superman with Silvergun
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2015, 10:09:56 PM »
What is everybody's favorite tune so far?

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2015, 10:14:59 PM »
My absolute favourite is Circles.  Second favourite.. That's tough.  Right now it's Hotel Rio.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2015, 10:16:55 PM »
What is everybody's favorite tune so far?

Circles. Really love parts of Bleed Out and Blue Eyes as well.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2015, 10:43:40 PM »
I'm shocked at the reactions on this board. I could hardly make it through Modzilla the sound quality is so bad. Has no one listened to the singles that got released on Spotify yet (Way She Moves, White Lightning)? The versions of these songs on Spotify are 100x better. I'm hoping it's just the way it sounds through Spotify and not a different version of the mix they'll be releasing. It sounds all muffled in comparison. I'll be waiting for the actual album to drop to hear the rest.

I would strongly recommend not listening to this version of the album (and hoping the Spotify mix is the one they use on the real thing)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 10:45:12 PM by Slither »
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2015, 11:29:24 PM »
Bleed Out is by far my favorite so far....Scott sounds a lot like Kurt Cobain in the verses.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2015, 11:54:18 PM »
I could hardly make it through Modzilla the sound quality is so bad. Has no one listened to the singles that got released on Spotify yet (Way She Moves, White Lightning)? The versions of these songs on Spotify are 100x better. I'm hoping it's just the way it sounds through Spotify and not a different version of the mix they'll be releasing. It sounds all muffled in comparison.

I do hear this. The production sounds flat and lifeless compared to the versions on Spotify. I'm wondering if these are unmastered or if they ended up redoing the mastering before Spotify got them.

In any case, I'm pleasantly surprised by the songs! I think this is Scott's most inspired work since VR. My favorites are also Hotel Rio, Circles, and Bleed Out, which is clearly an [well-done] homage to Nirvana. All of the songs are quality and the album flows well from start to finish.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 12:27:16 AM by EyesOfDisarray »

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2015, 12:07:00 AM »
Maybe Pandora is streaming less quality versions to avoid piracy or something like that, who knows, I'll reserve my judgment until I get my hands on the official release.

My favorites so far are Hotel Rio and Circles, I love them! I have to listen to it some more, but I an really enjoying this album!
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

drynaski

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2015, 12:21:33 AM »
Very happy the vocal track on Circles does not have the hard autotune effect that it had in the video clip.