September 22, 2024, 11:28:06 PM

Author Topic: Hear 'Blaster' on Pandora Premieres Through 3/30  (Read 17527 times)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Hear 'Blaster' on Pandora Premieres Through 3/30
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2015, 05:21:03 PM »
I'm really shocked this hasn't 'leaked' yet, I mean obviously there's this stream but no CD leak out there. Obviously this is a good thing for Scott as I hope it does well and I don't want his sales to suffer but it seems a little odd?
I pre ordered mine from Base.co.uk, never ordered from them before but it was the cheapest online and the site has good reviews :-)
Let's just hope the retail CD has actually been manufactured, pressed and is ready for release and it's not just some promo that's doing the rounds at the moment with reviewers and Pandora.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2015, 12:41:15 AM »
I'm quite surprised as to how many people don't have Bleed Out as the standout of the album. It's definitely my favorite right now, with Way She Moves and Circles as my least favorites. The scream-type thing that Scott does at the beginning of the solo of Bleed Out is pretty awesome.

drynaski

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2015, 12:46:43 AM »
I'm quite surprised as to how many people don't have Bleed Out as the standout of the album. It's definitely my favorite right now, with Way She Moves and Circles as my least favorites. The scream-type thing that Scott does at the beginning of the solo of Bleed Out is pretty awesome.

I love this song too. It lets him show he's got mean tone in him still too.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2015, 01:37:06 AM »

Great song. One of the most modern sounding songs on the record.

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2015, 02:22:01 AM »
White Lightening= perfect stripper pole dance music! 8) 8) ;) ;)

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2015, 02:27:37 AM »
Beach Pop= reminds me a bit like Cinnamon

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2015, 02:31:43 AM »
Youth Quake= I can hear....The Smiths "Big mouth strikes again".

CoreurpletinyNo4ShangriY

• I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES! I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES!
  • Pilot
  • I know the questions but I lost the answers
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2015, 02:36:43 AM »
2nd or 3rd listen and I'm loving it even more. Getting really nostalgic Beatle vibes (They were my life when I was a kid. I'm 17 now.) on both Blue Eyes and Parachute! Also really love the ending stuff Scott sings on Beach Pop! Only flaw I can see with this album is autotune. I honestly do not enjoy this version of circles. Maybe it needs to grow on me... Final verdict will be when I listen to my CD in the car!
STP Shows: 9/5/10 - 7/26/11 - 8/6/11 - 9/10/11 - 8/24/12
STP with Chester: 9/6/13 - 4/25/15
Weiland Shows: 11/28/12 - 3/12/13 - 8/14/13 - 9/14/14
- 3/10/15 - 11/28/15

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2015, 02:46:59 AM »
Anyone else getting a Modest Mouse vibe from Parachutes?

drynaski

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2015, 02:56:41 AM »
2nd or 3rd listen and I'm loving it even more. Getting really nostalgic Beatle vibes (They were my life when I was a kid. I'm 17 now.) on both Blue Eyes and Parachute! Also really love the ending stuff Scott sings on Beach Pop! Only flaw I can see with this album is autotune. I honestly do not enjoy this version of circles. Maybe it needs to grow on me... Final verdict will be when I listen to my CD in the car!

Yep, the autotune and that vocal track blip in the first Hotel Rio drives me nuts. Great album, but those two things are frustrating, especially cause those should be easy things to avoid.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2015, 04:30:20 AM »
I'm in Guatemala currently on a trip and its killing me that I can't listen to it!  Loves the live hotel Rio, circles, and parachute.  Dying for studio versions!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2015, 05:15:12 AM »
The album is officially out in Europe. I tried to buy the mp3 from Amazon.de but of course, since I am not in Germany I am unable to do so. I was hoping to get it because on Saturday I am going away on holidays for a week and really wanted to take it with me on my ipod....but no such luck :(
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2015, 05:59:42 AM »
The album is officially out in Europe. I tried to buy the mp3 from Amazon.de but of course, since I am not in Germany I am unable to do so. I was hoping to get it because on Saturday I am going away on holidays for a week and really wanted to take it with me on my ipod....but no such luck :(

I've heard they're supposed to start releasing albums in every country on a Friday, but that's not supposed to happen until this summer, unfortunately.

Never understood the whole releasing albums on Tuesdays (at least in the US), when Fridays are usually "pay day" and also the start of the weekend, when people are really going to have the time to listen to new albums.

I hope you can find a way to hear the album while you're on holiday, that's the best time to hear new stuff!! I found a way to download that Pandora stream, but the quality just isn't what it should be....

Enjoy your time away from work, either way. Relax and don't stress too much, Blaster will be there waiting for you when you get home.  ;D
Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2015, 06:02:48 AM »
I'm in Guatemala currently on a trip and its killing me that I can't listen to it!  Loves the live hotel Rio, circles, and parachute.  Dying for studio versions!

Enjoy your time away from "normal life," you've got a kick ass album, that I know you're going to really enjoy, when you get home.

Bleeda blooda

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2015, 01:08:56 PM »
I haven't been able to locate it on Pandora all morning. Anyone else having that problem? Wanted to listen on my way into work and can't find it now.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'