September 22, 2024, 09:31:06 PM

Author Topic: Hear 'Blaster' on Pandora Premieres Through 3/30  (Read 17519 times)

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Hear 'Blaster' on Pandora Premieres Through 3/30
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2015, 01:10:19 PM »
Now it's working...LOL
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2015, 01:33:36 AM »
On my first listen I wasn't initially as blown away as a lot of people here seem to be but having listened to it around 4 times I must say it's grown on me A LOT!
I definitely prefer it to 'S/T', 'High Rise' and 'Happy In Galoshes' and Scott's on the right track with this sound but it can't contend with the first 5 STP albums IMO.
My favorites (like many others) are 'Parachute', 'Amethyst' and 'Circles'. I actually dig all of the tracks really though except 'Beach Pop' which I know a lot of you guys love! It's catchy I guess but I just can't stand the 'Come on sugar, we're gonna have a baby, baby WOAHHH BABY!' part at all!
My only other gripe is that the studio version of 'Circles' feels very rushed and seems over far too quickly, they could've fleshed it out a bit more. I preferred the live version vocally and musically, it's got more of a country vibe on the album but nevertheless it's still a beautiful song.

On a plus note my CD shipped yesterday from Base.com so it should be with me in 2-4 days and I can stop listening to the shitty quality stream :-)
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2015, 02:35:35 AM »
I'm in Guatemala currently on a trip and its killing me that I can't listen to it!  Loves the live hotel Rio, circles, and parachute.  Dying for studio versions!

Enjoy your time away from "normal life," you've got a kick ass album, that I know you're going to really enjoy, when you get home.

Haha thanks!  I've been listening to the grammercy show a bunch.  Especially parachute, circles, and hotel Rio!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Lolzeyes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2015, 07:39:03 PM »
Hotel Rio is the best thing SW has done in the last decade or so..