September 30, 2024, 07:13:04 AM

Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT: Forum cleanup March 1st  (Read 6385 times)

nomis

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Forum cleanup March 1st
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 09:03:51 PM »
I will be doing some forum maintenance on March 1.

- removal of non-STP related topics which haven't been posted in for over 180 days
- removal of forum members who haven't posted (ever) and haven't visited the forum in the last year.
- removal of users with multiple accounts

Questions/comments? Please post here.

nomis

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 09:05:18 PM »
Hi Rik, I just havnt had time to come on here for a while, Would be an incentive for me when there is more band activity. Noticed the new tour dates but would be great if they came to the UK

Curtis1158

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2015, 02:09:02 AM »
I haven't posted in a while and I am sure I was cleaned out. Now that the new tour is gearing up, can I get access to creating new posts.

I am, trying to get access to the STP w/CB presale. I am not on FB and therefore can not get the password.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2015, 02:38:56 AM »
I would also like to have my account kept - I haven't posted recently but still check the site often.  Thanks!

RhettButler

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2015, 10:28:16 AM »
Not sure where to leave this feedback. Please merge the regular STP section with the Dean, Robert, Eric and Chester one. The moniker "with CB" has been dropped and it's done, he (Chester) is their lead singer.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2015, 11:35:35 AM »
Not sure where to leave this feedback. Please merge the regular STP section with the Dean, Robert, Eric and Chester one. The moniker "with CB" has been dropped and it's done, he (Chester) is their lead singer.

Here, I'll give the sad few people (I know who you are  ;) , don't worry, I won't embarrass you by naming you, but in the future try smiting me when you aren't the only person logged into the forum) who smite most every post by me, regardless of the content, a reason to smite me.

Chester Bennington is not, and will never be, the singer most people recognize as the singer of Stone Temple Pilots. Just as Scott Weiland is not the singer of Talk Show or Army Of Anyone.

I'm not going to put words into their mouths, but if if I were the administrators of this site, I don't think this cheap bastardization of the Stone Temple Pilots brand name and legacy deserves to be discussed in the same subforum as the group who released Core, Purple, Tiny Music... Songs From The Vatican Gift Shop, No. 4, Shangri-La Dee Da, or Stone Temple Pilots.

If you disagree and/or don't like it, consider starting your own "Stone Temple Pilots" forum if Chester Bennington, Dean DeLeo, Robert DeLeo and Eric Kretz are the band you consider Stone Temple Pilots.
Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 12:17:23 PM »
It's like this: in Germany, water, malt, hops, & yeast are  the only ingredients you could combine to make a drink called beer.

You add or subtract any of those ingredients & it wouldn't legally be considered beer.

Pretend Scott is hops, Dean is water, Robert's yeast, & Eric is malt.

You can take out the hops, but when you remove the Scott and add the "natural lemon flavor", which is what Chester is, you don't have beer. Sure, you've got a drink that will get you fucked up when you drink enough of it, but it ain't beer, and most people will laugh at you if you choose to drink it.
Bleeda blooda

donkyflip

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2015, 03:36:34 PM »
Nice to see a resurgence in activity.

Keep on Rockin'

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 12:01:29 AM »
Hahaha, great analogy andrew.  Is that true about the beer?  Thanks for your work Rik
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

RhettButler

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 02:10:18 AM »

Here, I'll give the sad few people (I know who you are  ;) , don't worry, I won't embarrass you by naming you, but in the future try smiting me when you aren't the only person logged into the forum) who smite most every post by me, regardless of the content, a reason to smite me.

Chester Bennington is not, and will never be, the singer most people recognize as the singer of Stone Temple Pilots. Just as Scott Weiland is not the singer of Talk Show or Army Of Anyone.

I'm not going to put words into their mouths, but if if I were the administrators of this site, I don't think this cheap bastardization of the Stone Temple Pilots brand name and legacy deserves to be discussed in the same subforum as the group who released Core, Purple, Tiny Music... Songs From The Vatican Gift Shop, No. 4, Shangri-La Dee Da, or Stone Temple Pilots.

If you disagree and/or don't like it, consider starting your own "Stone Temple Pilots" forum if Chester Bennington, Dean DeLeo, Robert DeLeo and Eric Kretz are the band you consider Stone Temple Pilots.

So Maiden isn't Maiden without Di'Anno, VH isn't VH without Roth, Sabbath not Sabbath w/o Ozzy, etc.?

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2015, 05:24:01 AM »
So Maiden isn't Maiden without Di'Anno, VH isn't VH without Roth, Sabbath not Sabbath w/o Ozzy, etc.?

Don't forget AC/DC without Bon. or AlternativeNation without Billy Corgan.

Orbital199

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2015, 08:20:10 PM »
Whoa, blast from the past. Thanks for the reminder that I need to visit more often.

I like what you've done with the place. Are those new drapes? *points to fleuron background*

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2015, 02:13:02 AM »
I don't blame you for wanting to clear away the folks that don't post for longer then a year (or ever). I haven't been on for a number of years, but, I want to still have my account. I have been busy with school, but I will make an effort to come around from now on. :)

jimbo64

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 09:40:21 AM »
can you keep me on forum .....................thanks and soz that a not been on for a while

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2015, 04:51:39 PM »
First off, I have both a question and comment:

How the hell are you, Rik?

and

I miss you and Ivy 😊

Secondly ---- BATES (my gawd!) you're alive, old friend!!!

Andrew - I love your beer analogy. I've said this same thing before, but not so creatively. Some bands are able to replace members. STP isn't one of them. STP is pure motherfucking magic and can't be replicated or replaced. That magic is all gone now, and all that's left is tattered remains of a band that used to be original, passionate, and in it for the love. This? Nah.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!