September 24, 2024, 06:25:36 AM

Author Topic: First Review Of Scott Weiland's New Album 'Blaster'  (Read 12775 times)

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: First Review Of Scott Weiland's New Album 'Blaster'
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2015, 02:07:17 AM »
Beach Pop is personally my favorite song besides Parachute, which I guarantee will be a new classic for most hardcore Scott fans. Parachute sounds like a sequel to Ride the Cliche with Happy In Galoshes chorus  .

The main song I really can't get into is Hotel Rio. The advance copy I heard also has Jean Genie on it.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2015, 03:09:15 AM »
So, if I were to be completely honest here, I'd have to say this would be a really great EP. It would be an EP better than the High Rise EP.

I think the good tracks on what I have are:

Bleed Out
Blue Eyes
White Lightning
Amethyst
Modzilla
Circles

If there was room for another track, Way She Moves or Parachute would be in a battle.

Honestly, the rest are kind of misses for me. I've been skipping everything else pretty frequently due to the rest just being bad songs.

Of this specific grouping of songs, White Lightning and Modzilla are my least faves.

Beach Pop is personally my favorite song besides Parachute, which I guarantee will be a new classic for most hardcore Scott fans. Parachute sounds like a sequel to Ride the Cliche with Happy In Galoshes chorus  .

The main song I really can't get into is Hotel Rio. The advance copy I heard also has Jean Genie on it.

Thanks. Sounds like he's gonna do good with this one. Who is in charge of the advanced copies, Oprah?

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2015, 03:51:49 AM »
Oprah.. That's great.... And your get a copy, and you get a copy, any YOU get a copy!!!

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2015, 11:59:36 AM »
Soooo, any of you guys with this advance copy feeling kind enough to share a song or 2 with us to tide us over until the release?? From the sounds of it it's in an unmastered/unfinished form so I'm sure it won't stop anyone buying the album and I'm sure most of us here have the album pre-ordered anyway right?

:-)
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

cowboy_buddha

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2015, 05:18:53 AM »
how did you guys get an advance version of Blaster?

Do you guys have all the lyrics for Blaster?

So many questions, so little time.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 05:36:18 AM by cowboy_buddha »

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2015, 06:16:20 AM »
Can't wait for Bleed Out.

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2015, 04:08:28 PM »
Can't wait for Bleed Out.

To me it sounds like Death From Above 1979 crossed with Nevermind era Nirvana.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2015, 07:03:52 PM »
Thanks for the review Brett, looking forward to hearing the album.

And God this forum has gone downhill. I miss Below Empty from 2009
Truth
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

lhpt

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2015, 01:16:17 AM »
Very poor review......I have been listening to the album since November. All of the lacking this lacking that comments thru that entire review are bs.....1st off Bleed Out does not start the album off. Pretty easy to see that on the official track listing on iTunes. Modzilla is the album starter. The songs have great lyrics and some of what he is posting as lyrics are incorrect......The album is a lot stronger than he is claiming. Can't wait for people to hear themselves. The song Beach Pop not Beach Pop Rock is very catchy and does have a Ramones feel. Again, official track listing gives you the title. Adding rock at the end is not correct. Flaky review and it is too bad alternative nation was given the opportunity to review the album because he has done it zero justice and more than likely made people have doubt's about blaster. The album kicks ass all the way thru. I have been a fan since sex type thing premiered on Headbanger's ball. I have listened to it over and over never gets old. Weiland changes voices like a chamelion and the album is full of great lyrics and melodies......9/10 for me! I have not heard anything since November come out that is better than this record. A lot better sounding and catchy album than the new Foo record......
Thanks for this - I'm now even more stoked to listen to the album.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2015, 01:56:05 AM »
Thanks for the review Brett, looking forward to hearing the album.

And God this forum has gone downhill. I miss Below Empty from 2009
Truth

Whoa, haven't seen you around in a long time!

drynaski

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2015, 03:07:49 AM »
I miss the Silvergun Supermen forum from back when the URL was wanet.com.au/~silvergunsupermen... (I think it was 1998)... It was maintained by someone, I forget their name, who eventually gave the site over to Sean (placidminds.com) who eventually have the site over to Rik... At lease that's what I think happened. I remember people sharing live streams of STP practicing sour girl before some performance... It was a cool time