September 24, 2024, 06:17:32 AM

Author Topic: First Review Of Scott Weiland's New Album 'Blaster'  (Read 12766 times)

IdahoSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: First Review Of Scott Weiland's New Album 'Blaster'
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 04:33:33 PM »

Believe what you may......I was lucky enough to preview
the unmixed or mastered version. Album is badass Rock & Roll! Why do you think Scott talks so highly of it. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 04:35:50 PM by IdahoSTPfan »

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 04:48:52 PM »

the unmixed or mastered version. Album is badass Rock & Roll! Why do you think Scott talks so highly of it. 

Yeah, I can't think of ANY reason Scott would speak highly of his own album.

I do believe that it is Badass Rock N Roll, though, whether you've heard it or not.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 04:59:28 PM »

Yeah, I can't think of ANY reason Scott would speak highly of his own album.

Haha that made me laugh!

I'm a huge fan of Scott and support all his work whether it's in a band or solo but he does have a tendency to talk up ALL of his releases, which there's nothing wrong with, just thought I'd point it out.
I remember right before 'Libertad' came out Scott said he felt it was his best work since 'Tiny Music' and well, as we all now know, that wasn't the case... It had some good tracks and his vocals were excellent but I would rate 'No.4' and 'SLDD' much higher as complete albums.
I think he's made a similar statement now regarding 'Blaster' but as others have said I do think this will be a pretty solid release and I'm very excited for it.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 05:12:06 PM »
If Modzilla and White Lightning are actually 2 of the worst songs on the album, then it'll be a pretty good album to say the least.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 05:16:35 PM »
Not sure why everyone hates on Brett so much?!

Because he's a massive tool that comes into the house that Rik and Ivy built to advertise his shitty website that's comprised of stolen articles or clickbait from other more established and reputable sites and he constantly takes jabs at Weiland, while much is definitely warranted most is just ridiculous (ie boners)

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 05:31:48 PM »
Thanks for the review, have only heard 5 tunes from 'Blaster' and agree with "Modzilla" and "White Lightning" so looking forward to hearing the whole thing,  thanks
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 05:46:12 PM »

Interestingly enough, I was PM'ing with Brett last week and we sort of compared notes regarding the album and I told him my tracklisting varies from the retail version and there is one less song than the retail. Pretty sure you and I were given the same advance promo/demo.

I dog on Scott quite a bit but there isn't much negative on this to crap on. Yeah, some of it is generic. Most rocks though, and it sounds like he's having fun.

I think most people on this forum are going to really like it.

I'm glad I'm not the one getting shit-talked though. I'll bet some of you will attack me now that I posted again. I wish you guys would just lay off Brett. Some of the bullshit attacks are classless.

All good though. I love all of you.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 05:58:44 PM by Vaporized »
Take it.

IdahoSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2015, 06:07:19 PM »
yes vaporized you are correct. they left off another cover to clarify that we do have the exact same thing

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2015, 06:07:35 PM »
Not sure why everyone hates on Brett so much?!

Because he's a massive tool that comes into the house that Rik and Ivy built to advertise his shitty website that's comprised of stolen articles or clickbait from other more established and reputable sites and he constantly takes jabs at Weiland, while much is definitely warranted most is just ridiculous (ie boners)

Sadly, I have to agree. He did it last night with the Sir Paul/Gaga/Mike Mc Cready  picture and story about some project Gaga referred to in a picture, that had floated around hours prior. He post his link on the PJ 10C FB page.

I looked on his page  and nothing new in that article. Just recycled from other sites, which is again nothing new, which is as you said, Lazy.

Anyway,  it's his opinion of Blaster as we all have our own. Let's see what the real music folk have to saw about it.

PS. I WILL give Brett credit on the interviews he does.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 06:39:07 PM by Blueberry »

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2015, 06:34:56 PM »
Thanks for the review Brett, looking forward to hearing the album.

And God this forum has gone downhill. I miss Below Empty from 2009
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2015, 06:42:30 PM »
The fact that some of you can't handle the slightest criticism of Scott makes me wonder how you could possibly handle criticism yourself. Good God, you people have some of the thinnest skin I've ever seen in my life. How do you even step outside, much less interact with other human beings?

Also WELCOME BACK VAPORIZED! Just in time to once again swing and miss at relaying information you don't have.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2015, 07:31:27 PM »
Ahhh yeah. Here we go.

What do you want to know about the new album? I too have had it since November. What can I say to prove how mediocre some of these songs are? How cheesy some of them are and also how great some are?

Take it.

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2015, 07:36:46 PM »
Nice in-depth review, Brett! I have similar feelings about the 2.5 studio songs that have been out now. So, I have a feeling I'll probably agree with you on the rest of it. And, why would he put a cover of 20th Century Boy on there? It's soooo overdone. Every time one of these all-star cover bands, like Camp Freddy, get together, they always do that one too. I think Weiland could dig a little deeper with his cover song choices. He's supposedly this HUGE Bowie fan, but he always does the most over-played ones. Why not something like Black Country Rock? And when he does the Doors covers... always Roadhouse Blues, LA Woman, 5 to 1. Why not something that he could put really do something with like Crystal Ship? I just wish that, if he's gonna do covers, quit doing these festival/wedding band songs that are so over-played. What's next... Brown-Eyed Girl or Old Time Rock N Roll? But I'm looking forward to this album because I do enjoy the songs I've heard, even if they aren't up to par with his classic material, in my opinion, and if those other couple are as good as Brett describes them, I'll be happy with a couple more classics to add to his catalog.

PigsinZen

• Hickory Dichotomy
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Superman with Silvergun
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2015, 08:08:22 PM »
Goddammit, I want to hear this album so bad! If someone emails it to me, you would be making February a very happy month for me! pjferguson96@gmail.com  PLEAASSSE

I did pre order the album on pledge music as well, so regardless, I am still buying it and I am really digging White Lightning and Modzilla!

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2015, 08:21:37 PM »
Due to the people here on the naughty list, I've decided I will not leak "Happy."

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11