September 24, 2024, 04:32:38 AM

Author Topic: First Review Of Scott Weiland's New Album 'Blaster'  (Read 12761 times)

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
Re: First Review Of Scott Weiland's New Album 'Blaster'
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2015, 08:31:44 PM »
Due to the people here on the naughty list, I've decided I will not leak "Happy."

It's your prerogative to not "leak" something you got your hands on, but posting about it with a snarky undertone just further cements your title of resident douche.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2015, 08:41:02 PM »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2015, 08:44:03 PM »
Due to the people here on the naughty list, I've decided I will not leak "Happy."

It's your prerogative to not "leak" something you got your hands on, but posting about it with a snarky undertone just further cements your title of resident douche.

Great, now you've ruined Massive Heart Attack for everyone.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2015, 08:51:42 PM »

Translation:  We don't like your criticism of our little blog so we won't give everyone else stuff because we are spiteful manchildren that really only want to incite drama.  Sing us praises, suck our dicks, and click our links and you peasants will be rewarded from on high.

Nitwits.

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2015, 08:53:58 PM »

Translation:  We don't like your criticism of our little blog so we won't give everyone else stuff because we are spiteful manchildren that really only want to incite drama.  Sing us praises, suck our dicks, and click our links and you peasants will be rewarded from on high.

Nitwits.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2015, 08:57:37 PM »

Nitwits.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2015, 09:19:25 PM »
Seriously image macros and gifs are all you two have?  Sad

If you had any sort of journalistic integrity, any criticism warranted or unwarranted wouldn't bother you.  Instead all we have here are two hacks, starved for attention, dangling a mp3 file yelling "neener neener neener".

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2015, 09:34:56 PM »

If you had any sort of journalistic integrity, any criticism warranted or unwarranted wouldn't bother you.  Instead all we have here are two hacks, starved for attention, dangling a mp3 file yelling "neener neener neener".

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2015, 09:44:33 PM »
Ahhh yeah. Here we go.

What do you want to know about the new album? I too have had it since November. What can I say to prove how mediocre some of these songs are? How cheesy some of them are and also how great some are?

Post the complete lyrics from "Blue Eyes".
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2015, 09:47:32 PM »
Ahhh yeah. Here we go.

What do you want to know about the new album? I too have had it since November. What can I say to prove how mediocre some of these songs are? How cheesy some of them are and also how great some are?

Post the complete lyrics from "Blue Eyes".

I'll get to this before I end my day. Stay tuned, plumbags.
Take it.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2015, 10:01:23 PM »
Honestly...  I liked the song by song breakdowns/descriptions. The final paragraph and album "scoring" is totally subjective, but part of me likes reading the album being downplayed (6). That way when I finally hear it for myself, I can be pleasantly surprised.  But overall I appreciated the actual review.

The thing I disliked about the review... were all the jabs at Scott (his character, past, choices, etc...). I say this NOT as a fan of Scott, but as someone who's read hundreds of similar reviews (all shitty). Review the music, compare songs to older material, different musicians, the times, whatever! It's just incredibly amateurish to spend so much of the review dwelling on Scott's "troubled past" like all the other shitty media outlets do. That's how every review for STP, VR, solo album has started for the past twenty years... maybe it's time to break the mold and focus on the actual review part of the review?
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2015, 10:08:12 PM »
Honestly...  I liked the song by song breakdowns/descriptions. The final paragraph and album "scoring" is totally subjective, but part of me likes reading the album being downplayed (6). That way when I finally hear it for myself, I can be pleasantly surprised.  But overall I appreciated the actual review.

The thing I disliked about the review... were all the jabs at Scott (his character, past, choices, etc...). I say this NOT as a fan of Scott, but as someone who's read hundreds of similar reviews (all shitty). Review the music, compare songs to older material, different musicians, the times, whatever! It's just incredibly amateurish to spend so much of the review dwelling on Scott's "troubled past" like all the other shitty media outlets do. That's how every review for STP, VR, solo album has started for the past twenty years... maybe it's time to break the mold and focus on the actual review part of the review?

I actually used it to display how impressed I was with the songs I liked and to give the album context.  If you'd told me during Purple at the Core his next album would actually have some songs I really like, I'd be shocked.  It's a comeback album for him, he hasn't released new music in 5 years.  I spent most of the review breaking down the songs and songwriting.  I also reviewed the album in the tracklisting order it was sent to me.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:10:03 PM by StoneTempleBrett »

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2015, 10:08:20 PM »

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2015, 10:32:43 PM »
almost afraid to enter this discussion......Thanks Brett and Vaporized for your thoughts on the album.  How were the vocals mixed overall?  They sound a bit low in the few songs we heard, does this continue with the rest of the album?
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2015, 10:46:45 PM »
almost afraid to enter this discussion......Thanks Brett and Vaporized for your thoughts on the album.  How were the vocals mixed overall?  They sound a bit low in the few songs we heard, does this continue with the rest of the album?

The files I got are 3-4MB so I thought it would be unfair to judge the mixes in my review.  Some of the mixes though are mediocre from what I can hear, but I'm sure many will sound better with higher audio quality.  Like "Amethyst" is one of the best songs on the album but on the version I have, his vocals are very low in the mix.