September 29, 2024, 06:15:39 AM

Author Topic: Art Of Anarchy  (Read 71656 times)

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Art Of Anarchy
« Reply #405 on: June 12, 2015, 05:36:53 PM »
This album failed to make the Billboard top 200, but it did make no. 188 in physical sales, with 1550 copies sold.
Thanks, it also debuted at #15 on Billboard's 'Hard Rock Albums' chart
http://www.billboard.com/charts/hard-rock-albums
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 14, 2015, 04:35:46 PM »
Quick question, are all of the lyrics and vocal melodies written by Scott? I don't have the physical CD so I'd like to know the song credits...also, does the CD come with the lyrics? Thanks!

The CD does come with a lyric booklet that has all the lyrics, as well as who wrote what.

Also, Votta does some of the solos on the record.  When you hear a solo, there's about a 50% chance its Bumblefoot. 

The booklet also says who played what guitar solo in each song. That's a pretty cool feature actually, I wish more bands with multiple guitarists would do this.

Also included is a two-sided poster that has the cover art on one side and a picture of all the band members posing on the other side.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 16, 2015, 05:34:24 PM »
dynamic range of the album for those interested (based on a lossy version):

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/89979
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 16, 2015, 05:50:08 PM »
By the way, not sure if this was already mentioned but the album is on Spotify for those interested.
https://open.spotify.com/album/1JBycJpf6ZZEetkztHlWWa
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 16, 2015, 08:38:31 PM »
By the way, not sure if this was already mentioned but the album is on Spotify for those interested.
https://open.spotify.com/album/1JBycJpf6ZZEetkztHlWWa

Finally. Had been looking for it on there several times hoping it would've been added but never had any luck so by now I had stopped looking. Thanks for letting us know :)
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 17, 2015, 01:55:59 PM »
I have a theory about this... I think Scott agreed to do this to show the guys in VR he can still record an album like this. This is completely me guessing. But don't you think if Duff and company listen to this album they're going to say - "oh wow, I didn't think Scott had this in him anymore"? And Slash's biggest gripe with Scott has always been his tardiness at gigs. We know Scott has worked really hard to be on time this tour and we also know he played with Dave Kushner this past week.

I think Scott is trying to angle for a VR reunion and that's why he wants no part of AoA. He knows VR represents the possibility to pocket a lot more $$ if he tours with them. Obviously Slash has his thing going with Myles Kennedy and the big question is whether Scott can pull off any new recordings live (or any of the old VR material). Scott has already made it clear he would like to play with them again. It seems like Slash is the only one standing in the way and he could be convinced if Scott is showing the ability to start shows on time consistently.

The only other question mark is Scott's current state. He's shown twice with Blaster and now AoA that he can still do it in studio. The latter is probably most encouraging because stylistically it's more similar to VR. The Texas gig definitely doesn't help either. But all the recent development for me adds up to Scott trying to convince VR to take him back once the Blaster tour is done.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 17, 2015, 04:09:42 PM »
I have a theory about this... I think Scott agreed to do this to show the guys in VR he can still record an album like this. This is completely me guessing. But don't you think if Duff and company listen to this album they're going to say - "oh wow, I didn't think Scott had this in him anymore"? And Slash's biggest gripe with Scott has always been his tardiness at gigs. We know Scott has worked really hard to be on time this tour and we also know he played with Dave Kushner this past week.

I think Scott is trying to angle for a VR reunion and that's why he wants no part of AoA. He knows VR represents the possibility to pocket a lot more $$ if he tours with them. Obviously Slash has his thing going with Myles Kennedy and the big question is whether Scott can pull off any new recordings live (or any of the old VR material). Scott has already made it clear he would like to play with them again. It seems like Slash is the only one standing in the way and he could be convinced if Scott is showing the ability to start shows on time consistently.

The only other question mark is Scott's current state. He's shown twice with Blaster and now AoA that he can still do it in studio. The latter is probably most encouraging because stylistically it's more similar to VR. The Texas gig definitely doesn't help either. But all the recent development for me adds up to Scott trying to convince VR to take him back once the Blaster tour is done.
I think this is a really interesting theory.  While its possible, I'm not sure I think Scott is this calculated.  I think AoA is more of a paycheck to him than anything.  However I do believe Scott wants to get back with VR as soon as possible, so you never know.  I think he needs to do more to repair the relationship with Slash first though. 

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 17, 2015, 04:58:21 PM »
Yeah, while VR is sure to generate more dollar per show, Slash is most likely doing very well on his own. The Conspirators are big enough that they headline (or close to it) day-long festivals. Like Myles or not, Slash has a premiere singer in the genre who is well respected. And chances are the other three guys don't get an even share, which VR would probably split evenly.

Now, there's no telling how his divorce affects his wallet. But with that said, if relationship repair needed to be done, he'd probably put in his effort to try and fix that of Axl over Scott.
Rumor has it that Slash has softened his feelings about a GNR reunion.
That ought to tell you how low on the totem pole Scott/VR is for him.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2015, 07:01:11 PM »
Now, there's no telling how his divorce affects his wallet. But with that said, if relationship repair needed to be done, he'd probably put in his effort to try and fix that of Axl over Scott.
Yeah, I think a true GnR reunion is probably likely in the next 3-5yrs or so.  I'd rather see VR, but what you're saying is totally spot on (in my opinion). 

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 17, 2015, 08:05:45 PM »
Yeah, while VR is sure to generate more dollar per show, Slash is most likely doing very well on his own. The Conspirators are big enough that they headline (or close to it) day-long festivals. Like Myles or not, Slash has a premiere singer in the genre who is well respected. And chances are the other three guys don't get an even share, which VR would probably split evenly.

To be fair, though, if you're going to put up with a prima donna, you might as well put up with the one that will net you ten times more money.

Similarly, if Chester ever ended up in the doghouse, it makes more sense for the DeLeos and Kretz to mend with Scott, eventually.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 17, 2015, 08:22:25 PM »

To be fair, though, if you're going to put up with a prima donna, you might as well put up with the one that will net you ten times more money.

That was the point I wanted to make, but it took me 17 sentences to say what you said in one. Haha.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 17, 2015, 08:30:12 PM »

That was the point I wanted to make, but it took me 17 sentences to say what you said in one. Haha.

Scott's pretty low on the totem pole, I was just point out that I don't think it's all personal ;-)

A lot of it is money. I am guessing that Axl is a much more difficult human being but that his "crazy" is at least consistent and more predictable than Scott's. In other words, you know what is going to piss off Axl and you know when and why he is going to be late, etc., etc. From the outside, I see zero consistency with Scott unless it has to do with what and how much he is using. But when I have met Scott, he's been gracious. Same for many others. But at times he's a dick for whatever reason. At times it seems Scott will take the highest bidder--he even did Art of Anarchy for money--and was playing VR and STP against each other for top dollar. When STP was going south, he tried to get interest in a VR reunion by saying there was going to be one.

Now, Art of Anarchy seems to be his best option for money, but he's dismissing that and calling it a scam and sticking with the Wildebeasts playing clubs. So which is it?

Like I said, Scott is likely a time bomb without a countdown clock. At least Axl has a clock. Just my guess.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 18, 2015, 08:40:27 AM »
I actually don't think Axl is crazy at all, at least not anymore. His stage lateness is calculated, it's certainly not because of drink, drugs or general unreliability, by most accounts these days he is a focused, consumate professional.

He comes on late because he knows no GnR fan is going to go home early, all will have accounted for his unpredictability at concerts, and bad moods at GnR concerts have a habit of exploding into intense nights when he finally takes the stage. When he does take the stage, well, his voice may have diminished over the years but he is still highly practised musically, and has put a ton of effort into the stage show.

Whereas bad moods at STP gigs just result in everybody going home pissed off.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 18, 2015, 09:42:42 AM »
I attended a GNR show in 2012 and the ticket stated 'doors at 7pm' and that the show (GNR) would start at 9pm... Axl and co actually wandered on stage at around 11:15pm!! Many angry fans HAD to leave after the first song in order to catch the last train home! For me it worked out pretty well though because knowing about Axl and his 'time keeping' I'd already booked a hotel for the night and once all those people left I managed to get right to the front :) It was without a doubt one of the greatest live shows I've ever seen too, they performed for 3 hours (Axl had several costume changes during solo's!) and they all put 100% into it.

I've gone a little off topic but the point I was trying to make is that it was WORTH waiting for. If they had have come on 2 hours late and Axl was so drunk or high he was unable to perform properly I'm sure there would have been riots but the people who stuck around got a great long show and left happy. As much as it saddens me to say it with Scott these days it's not guaranteed you're going to get 100% from him, it's a bit of a gamble and his shows aren't particularly long either, having said that I doubt Scott was ever 2 hours late like Axl so I guess you gotta weigh up the pro's and con's!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:50:47 AM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 18, 2015, 04:15:06 PM »
the thing with axl is he is always 2 hours late, scott is usually late, but how late is a shot in the dark. axl gives 100% for 3 hours, while scott gives between 0-100% for 65 minutes.