September 29, 2024, 08:19:31 AM

Author Topic: Art Of Anarchy  (Read 71675 times)

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Art Of Anarchy
« Reply #375 on: June 06, 2015, 10:25:26 PM »
I'm so glad we got this album. It was unexpected and it's better than I thought it would be. Scott tears it up. Channels his vr mentality with the drift and superstar.  It's good To hear him on edgey stuff again  which I figured was done after contraband.  I'm very happy with this album ,  my  expectations were low and it was a nice surprise

coo2

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 06, 2015, 10:51:39 PM »
I'm so glad we got this album. It was unexpected and it's better than I thought it would be. Scott tears it up. Channels his vr mentality with the drift and superstar.  It's good To hear him on edgey stuff again  which I figured was done after contraband.  I'm very happy with this album ,  my  expectations were low and it was a nice surprise

With tracks like The Drift and Superstar, it was pretty cool to hear Scott going back to an edgy / punky vocal, and still sound relevant & capable of it. Miss that No. 4 / Contraband era Scott. The Gothic & Punky Hard Rock edge.

Hope he doesn't entirely abandon this vocal / musical approach entirely, and revisits it in the near future.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 06, 2015, 11:31:14 PM »
After more than a few listens I can say I like it. Don't love it or hate it.

I do love listening to Scott back on that vocal track (yes, I miss VR)

First half of the record is much more exciting for me than the rest. I have a great time listening until "Till the dust is gone". I can't get that video out of my mind, totally ruined me the song.

Small Batch Whiskey is THE best song here. Before this, a collaboration between Scott and Rob Zombie was a wild dream. Now, I want it badly.

Death of it, it's Scott's way of saying "Look, I'm better than you doing your thing too, Chester" :P

Superstar, too similar to SBW, but as a big Rob Zombie fan can not complain. In this case even the song theme is Zombie-ish

From here, rest of the songs don't do anything to me yet. They turn too long sometimes.

What I do hate about this (besides that video), is the artwork. Ugh, horrendous.
They came up with a really good name "Art of Anarchy". So many things can be done with it, why stick up with that?
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 06, 2015, 11:36:30 PM »

With tracks like The Drift and Superstar, it was pretty cool to hear Scott going back to an edgy / punky vocal, and still sound relevant & capable of it. Miss that No. 4 / Contraband era Scott. The Gothic & Punky Hard Rock edge.

Hope he doesn't entirely abandon this vocal / musical approach entirely, and revisits it in the near future.
Agreed, and I like when Scott gets gnarly  like this record and contraband and no.4.  It's nice getting to see both sides of him this year, blaster and AOA,   The melodic and the edgy

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 08, 2015, 02:21:00 PM »
My apologies if this was already posted

Get On Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wny34Fox6eM

Does anyone know where I can hear the album in full? I can only find that slowed down version of it on youtube and I can't be bothered to listen to that to be honest.
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 08, 2015, 03:42:05 PM »
I went to my local BestBuy (being that it was on sale for $7.99) to pick this up and they couldn't find it, even though they said they had stock. That place has really gone to hell. I'm reminded why I don't shop there anymore.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 08, 2015, 03:53:59 PM »
I went to my local BestBuy (being that it was on sale for $7.99) to pick this up and they couldn't find it, even though they said they had stock. That place has really gone to hell. I'm reminded why I don't shop there anymore.
Amazon Prime....the 80 bucks pays for itself in shipping fees

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 08, 2015, 04:06:14 PM »
Amazon Prime....the 80 bucks pays for itself in shipping fees

I typically purchase on Amazon. I love their AutoRip feature. But I'll be honest, I usually have to wait until I have a couple albums to buy so that I can save on shipping.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

IdahoSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 08, 2015, 04:47:20 PM »
The lyrics are very similar to Blaster (nigh,tide,whiskey). Appears to have been written in the same time frame lyrically as Blaster. So the big question is.....Are the songs off Blaster left over AOA tunes or vise versa?

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 08, 2015, 05:03:46 PM »

Exact same thing that happened when i went to a store to get Blaster, they had in there system but couldnt find it anywhere

First half of the record is much more exciting for me than the rest. I have a great time listening until "Till the dust is gone". I can't get that video out of my mind, totally ruined me the song.

Small Batch Whiskey is THE best song here. Before this, a collaboration between Scott and Rob Zombie was a wild dream. Now, I want it badly.

Death of it, it's Scott's way of saying "Look, I'm better than you doing your thing too, Chester" :P

Superstar, too similar to SBW, but as a big Rob Zombie fan can not complain. In this case even the song theme is Zombie-ish

From here, rest of the songs don't do anything to me yet. They turn too long sometimes.
After more than a few listens I can say I like it. Don't love it or hate it.

Agree SHangri, also Scott seems to channeling Layne Staley on SUperstar
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 05:09:01 PM by DankoJones »
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 08, 2015, 05:04:39 PM »
The lyrics are very similar to Blaster (nigh,tide,whiskey). Appears to have been written in the same time frame lyrically as Blaster. So the big question is.....Are the songs off Blaster left over AOA tunes or vise versa?

I feel the lyrics on 'Art of Anarchy' are more personal, especially on songs like 'Death of It', 'Aqualung' & 'Long Ago'. I think on 'Blaster' Scott was more in 'storytelling mode' with the exception of 'Circles'. There are of course similarities between 'Small Batch Whiskey' and 'White Lightning' lyrically though.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 08, 2015, 05:49:10 PM »
My vinyl has just arrived, very pleased to see it contains the CD as well, so i'm glad I didn't order that.

Looks like a quality package. Looking forward to spinning it later, but my new Therapy? LP also just arrived and I haven't heard that yet.

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 09, 2015, 12:20:01 AM »
Quick question, are all of the lyrics and vocal melodies written by Scott? I don't have the physical CD so I'd like to know the song credits...also, does the CD come with the lyrics? Thanks!
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 09, 2015, 12:51:45 AM »
Quick question, are all of the lyrics and vocal melodies written by Scott? I don't have the physical CD so I'd like to know the song credits...also, does the CD come with the lyrics? Thanks!

I don't have the CD credits but I read an interview w/ Bumblefoot that I'm sure you can find online. He confirmed all the lyrics and melodies were 100% created by Scott. He did all the vocal stuff himself in his own studio apart from the rest of the band.

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 09, 2015, 12:55:39 AM »

I don't have the CD credits but I read an interview w/ Bumblefoot that I'm sure you can find online. He confirmed all the lyrics and melodies were 100% created by Scott. He did all the vocal stuff himself in his own studio apart from the rest of the band.

Thank you :) I thought so, I just wanted to be sure!
Anybody could be so kind as to share the lyrics, if you have them?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:58:25 AM by Manxita »
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"