September 29, 2024, 06:21:01 AM

Author Topic: Art Of Anarchy  (Read 71663 times)

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Art Of Anarchy
« Reply #360 on: June 05, 2015, 12:46:44 PM »
I also just caught a youtube stream of the album for the first time. Sounded a lot better than I expected from the samples. My biggest complaint is that this one isn't on spotify. I haven't purchased an album in 5 years (ST) since I am a paying spotify member. I don't think this one is good enough to break that streak.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 05, 2015, 03:46:11 PM »
Seriously though, I hope they discussed touring the album.

I doubt it. Scott and Nick have already been writing at scotts studio this week according to fb.

I think an album with Nick and Joey would be even better than Blaster, and I loved Blaster.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 05, 2015, 04:19:56 PM »
Yeah, it would have to be another rocker though, can't put talents like that to waste, they need something to get their teeth into.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 05, 2015, 05:04:56 PM »

Yeah, to be honest...I'm happy to have another 'different' work by Scott, but I'm also totally OK with this being a one-off release and moving on to the next thing.
Of course it's not up to us, but do we really want him to spend a whole year touring this record or something with a bunch of guys that he "doesn't even know"?
The only reason I would want to see a successful tour would be to re-establish him on a grander stage than the 500 seaters he's currently playing...and if he's able to make some cash to fund the next solo record, which I'd be more excited for than an AoA2 tour.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 05, 2015, 05:31:11 PM »

I doubt it. Scott and Nick have already been writing at scotts studio this week according to fb.

I think an album with Nick and Joey would be even better than Blaster, and I loved Blaster.

I agree. Would really be excited to hear him record with those two. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he released music with them before Chester/stp release anything.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 05, 2015, 05:50:41 PM »

Yeah, to be honest...I'm happy to have another 'different' work by Scott, but I'm also totally OK with this being a one-off release and moving on to the next thing.
Of course it's not up to us, but do we really want him to spend a whole year touring this record or something with a bunch of guys that he "doesn't even know"?
The only reason I would want to see a successful tour would be to re-establish him on a grander stage than the 500 seaters he's currently playing...and if he's able to make some cash to fund the next solo record, which I'd be more excited for than an AoA2 tour.

Yeah it's a tough one but I feel it could be something of a 'wasted opportunity' not to tour and promote this album, Scott clearly worked hard on it as did the other guys and Bumblefoot has already said they have some decent offers on the table with regards to live shows. Scott himself did say a few years ago he'd like to pull a Maynard and front 2 bands at once (VR & STP), now he has that opportunity, possibly for the last time in his career (he aint getting any younger) and he's turning it down. I love 'Blaster' and I definitely would like to hear a follow up to it with the new lineup, I also have tickets to see them in October so I'm certainly not suggesting he should shelve that band but ideally if he could manage a few shows/festival appearances with AOA as well and get the word out there that they actually have an album out that would be great and obviously financially beneficial too.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 05, 2015, 09:08:01 PM »
Sorry in advance if someone else has already pointed this out.  I've tried to keep up with this thread but its a long thread...

Anyway, interesting note on Art of Anarchy.  It says on my vinyl copy "Scott Weiland's Vocals Recorded and Produced by Doug Grean at Lavish Studios".  I kind of suspected as much, but its interesting to note that his vocal performance on this record is likely at least a couple years old. 

Also, Votta does some of the solos on the record.  When you hear a solo, there's about a 50% chance its Bumblefoot. 

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 05, 2015, 09:15:57 PM »
It says on my vinyl copy "Scott Weiland's Vocals Recorded and Produced by Doug Grean at Lavish Studios".  I kind of suspected as much, but its interesting to note that his vocal performance on this record is likely at least a couple years old. 

Yeah, that timeline makes sense. You figured, he was working on Blaster last year and this was done “while he didn’t have anything going on”. So 2 years old at minimum – maybe even more.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they (Votta) swooped in to ask Scott to sing on this right after the news went public that STP fired him.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 05, 2015, 09:23:57 PM »
It says on my vinyl copy "Scott Weiland's Vocals Recorded and Produced by Doug Grean at Lavish Studios".  I kind of suspected as much, but its interesting to note that his vocal performance on this record is likely at least a couple years old. 

Yeah, that timeline makes sense. You figured, he was working on Blaster last year and this was done “while he didn’t have anything going on”. So 2 years old at minimum – maybe even more.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they (Votta) swooped in to ask Scott to sing on this right after the news went public that STP fired him.

Thats about the timeline I was thinking too.  I wouldnt be surprised if Scott was initially more into this project (mid 2013 )before making the decision to proceed with the Wildabouts in the manner he did (moving to 4pc).  I wonder if part of the drama between AoA and Scott is related to a delay in getting AoA moving forward causing him to move forward with the Wildabouts its current incarnation.  We all know Scott doesnt like to be idle.  He's gotta be touring. :)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 05, 2015, 09:26:36 PM »
Sorry in advance if someone else has already pointed this out.  I've tried to keep up with this thread but its a long thread...

Anyway, interesting note on Art of Anarchy.  It says on my vinyl copy "Scott Weiland's Vocals Recorded and Produced by Doug Grean at Lavish Studios".  I kind of suspected as much, but its interesting to note that his vocal performance on this record is likely at least a couple years old. 

Also, Votta does some of the solos on the record.  When you hear a solo, there's about a 50% chance its Bumblefoot. 

Interesting. I thought he sounded a lot better on this than 'Blaster' but I put that more down to production than anything else but it could actually be that this was recorded lonnnng before those vocals as you say. He doesn't sound 'bad' on 'Blaster' but his voice is clearly a lot rougher than it is on Art of Anarchy.

As for the guitar solo's I did assume they were all by Bumblefoot, I should have had more faith in that Votta guy!! I'm guessing all those crazy fretless ones are Bumble though.

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 05, 2015, 09:33:11 PM »

Yea in a lot of the lyrics on this record Scott seems pretty shook up so I figured a lot of them were written right after stp fired him.

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 05, 2015, 10:25:57 PM »

Thats about the timeline I was thinking too.  I wouldnt be surprised if Scott was initially more into this project (mid 2013 )before making the decision to proceed with the Wildabouts in the manner he did (moving to 4pc).  I wonder if part of the drama between AoA and Scott is related to a delay in getting AoA moving forward causing him to move forward with the Wildabouts its current incarnation.  We all know Scott doesnt like to be idle.  He's gotta be touring. :)

I absolutely agree.  I tried to tie the same timelines in another thread when AOA was first announced.  From some of the comments and suggested timelines in some interviews I think this came across not too long after STP parted ways.  Then later that year was when Doug Grean parted ways with Scott and then very soon after Scott announced the Wildabouts were moving forward with recording a new album.

I think he was just throwing as much crap at the wall and waited to see what stuck and got a better vibe with the Wildabouts and something that could still spotlight his name.

Additionally, I wonder if any of the Doug Grean drama (which I don't remember if any details ever came out) has anything to do with his anti-AOA attitude.  Maybe he just doesn't want to revisit anything from that period.

I understand squashing it when AOA news came out right when Blaster was about to release, but a couple months down the road not even a "Hey go pick up a copy of this album I was a guest on." and earn a couple extra easy bucks?!?   I imagine there's something bigger behind Scott's attitude of AOA.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 05, 2015, 11:10:20 PM »
Bumblefoot does actually say they started working on this album 2 years ago in the podcast interview I posted on this forum. I figured that was just the music but I guess that could've been when Scott laid his vocals too if they were quick to get the tracks to him.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 06, 2015, 06:49:40 PM »
I bought the album. Sounds good. I could see these guys playing hard rock festivals.

RhettButler

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 06, 2015, 07:22:40 PM »
This album is decent--I'd give it a 3/5, or maybe a 3.5/5. It's a little generic, but there's some solid songs and I enjoyed it. Not the best album Weiland has been part of.

High Rise was much better, IMO. So isn't Blaster too for that matter.