September 29, 2024, 08:34:19 AM

Author Topic: Art Of Anarchy  (Read 71682 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: Art Of Anarchy
« Reply #345 on: June 04, 2015, 08:47:13 AM »
Anyone else think that Scott sounds like Chinese democracy era axl on parts of long ago haha

Brett I think lol! I believe he said something along those lines in his 'review'!
Goddamnit.... Haha. I refuse to click on his links. He wins that way hahaha

Haha! You're not missing much. Lately he seems to be more concerned with trolling on his own website and getting laughs than actually writing anything with any professionalism. His half arsed 'review' of this album was no different.

http://www.alternativenation.net/billy-corgan-reveals-how-hot-he-thinks-caitlyn-jenner-is/

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 04, 2015, 08:05:55 PM »
^^ Well that's one way to kill a thread! Lol
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 04, 2015, 08:28:24 PM »
Anyone else think that Scott sounds like Chinese democracy era axl on parts of long ago haha

Brett I think lol! I believe he said something along those lines in his 'review'!
Goddamnit.... Haha. I refuse to click on his links. He wins that way hahaha

Haha! You're not missing much. Lately he seems to be more concerned with trolling on his own website and getting laughs than actually writing anything with any professionalism. His half arsed 'review' of this album was no different.

http://www.alternativenation.net/billy-corgan-reveals-how-hot-he-thinks-caitlyn-jenner-is/

Youve officially jumped the shark Brett

Still trying to get into the whole disc, I think "Small Batch Whisky" is my fav so far, anyone else think "SuperStar" sounds like what the Rob Zombie band with Staley would sound like??? 

Agree with most here in praising Scotts wokr here, he seems to have tried some new things and shows how he's still a beast in the studio.  But cant help laugh at Scotts "Everyyy tiiiiime .. lets go" :)
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 04, 2015, 08:46:06 PM »
Anyone interested in streaming it....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGkCkoW3p_g

Gotta change the speed though...
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 04, 2015, 08:53:09 PM »
Yeah thats how Ive been listening to it .. just heard "Aqualung", Scotts money on it
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 04, 2015, 08:56:33 PM »
Yeah I can understand people preferring the music on 'High Rise' over the music here, generally speaking I prefer the more classic rock approach of the Deleo's and Kretz myself over 'metal'. I was just comparing them as a full package though, complete songs and AOA has the better songs for me.
after a couple more listens I have decided aoa is better than high rise

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 04, 2015, 09:05:34 PM »
Metal Hammer gives it 5/10 but not for the reasons you might expect (it's subscription so I won't post the review itself).

They praise the musicianship and arrangements but criticise the melodies - I'd imagine most of us here would be of the opposite point of view.

I like the record, I think even the poor tracks have something of interest. Haven't listened to any metal since Nightwish (great apart from the drums) and Children of Bodom (flat out awful) - maybe I'm out of touch. But this has turned into an unexpected and great year from Scott, studio-wise at least. Maybe the live stuff will pick up - not sure if I'll see him now since my boy has brought home an itinerary for a school trip to China which will kill the budget for the next year. Such is life!

Oh, and, not that anyone should bother (even Brett) but I'm done defending that kid and apologise to all those I offended while doing so. His "efforts" aren't worth it. There will be a post in a few months where he "now loves" Blaster and "really likes" Art Of Anarchy. You know it, so do I.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 04, 2015, 09:07:56 PM »
Yeah I can understand people preferring the music on 'High Rise' over the music here, generally speaking I prefer the more classic rock approach of the Deleo's and Kretz myself over 'metal'. I was just comparing them as a full package though, complete songs and AOA has the better songs for me.

And you would be correct sir. It's really rather good.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 04, 2015, 11:21:59 PM »

And you would be correct sir. It's really rather good.

I'm glad we're all in agreement on this :)

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 05, 2015, 04:23:23 AM »
Recent pic of Scott with the bassist from this project

https://instagram.com/p/3FTXdIpQ1_/

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 05, 2015, 04:45:58 AM »
Recent pic of Scott with the bassist from this project

https://instagram.com/p/3FTXdIpQ1_/

The funny thing is this is probably the first time they've actually met!! We all know that was a hologram of Scott in the video ;-)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 05, 2015, 04:46:40 AM »
Seriously though, I hope they discussed touring the album.

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 05, 2015, 05:40:10 AM »

I doubt it. Scott and Nick have already been writing at scotts studio this week according to fb.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 05, 2015, 06:17:21 AM »

I doubt it. Scott and Nick have already been writing at scotts studio this week according to fb.

Yeah I did see a pic on FB of Scott writing some lyrics. He seems to be in creative overdrive lately, which is great. Hopefully we'll have another new album next year! Keep em' coming Scottie!

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 05, 2015, 07:34:58 AM »
Just listened to it for the first time, and it is a lot better than I thought it would be. I think it works both musically and vocally. Always nice to hear Scott do some hard rock. I would love for this project to continue with Scott, not sure how it would be with someone else. Bumblefoot adds a lot to this as well. Even if it is just a fling, then so be it. Hopefully there will be more projects like this in the future. I pretty much like all the songs, only minor complaint is some of them drag on, would like a few 2-3 minute songs in there.